PDA

View Full Version : Gojira!!!!!

Necron2.0
05-16-2014, 02:00 PM
In honor of the movie coming out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T65rW_SIzg0

Brakkart
05-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Just got back from watching this. Damn good movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. They keep you waiting for his big appearance but the payoff is well worth it. Highly recommended!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-17-2014, 10:56 PM
It had more plot holes than Edam Cheese.

White Tiger88
05-18-2014, 01:59 AM
Turns out one of my friends worked on the CGI for the movie..........kinda cool

Necron2.0
05-19-2014, 12:26 AM
It had more plot holes than Edam Cheese.

Would not be surprised. This is a movie about a pre-historic lizard, hundreds of feet tall, that eats radiation and rampages through modern cities after all. Mary Shelley this most definitely is not.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-19-2014, 04:24 AM
Highlight for what I picked up on....

Well, to start with, it was not the film it was advertised to be, there was no aspect of survival or horror.
Godzilla seemed to have selective tsunami abilities. He devastated Honolulu when he surfaced, but San Francisco was fine, no flooding or anything.
The army needed to deliver a nuclear payload to San Fran
"how shall we deliver this to the coast sir? By boat or air drop?"
"no, we shall put them all on one train"
"but sir doesn't that make the huge amounts of radiation in the bombs a bit of a target? Can't we at least send a few trains?"
"nonsense. Also, how many bomb disposal experts do we have?"
"like 4 sir"
"put them on the train too"
"so you want me to put all the bombs and experts for them on ONE train?"
"yes, it's genius"
*sigh*

THEN, we have the fact that Godzilla and the other aliens' roars didn't deafen people. These things are at least 300ft tall, their roars should shatter ear drums it's so loud.
At some points their immense weight is taken into consideration, some times it isn't. Buildings should be falling over by them merely walking next to them.

Let us not forget that the main character was the ONLY Veteran Marine to come up with the idea to burn the nest. Why did everyone think to just leave it alone?

There were other things as well, it just fried me a little. Enjoyed the film though.

Brenlak
05-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Someone told me he fights Mothra, is this true? also love that my first post is about Godzilla.

Kaptain Badrukk
05-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Someone told me he fights Mothra, is this true? also love that my first post is about Godzilla.

It's not Mothra but it is a flying MUTO with a similar look.

Brenlak
05-26-2014, 10:43 PM
so more like Megaguirus? I'm gonna see this one in the theater for sure!

White Tiger88
05-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Gorzirra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap'nSmurfs
05-28-2014, 05:13 AM
It was rubbish. Worst film I've seen in a while.

Wolfshade
05-28-2014, 05:25 AM
See wolf on wall street, it will make it seem better

Tyrendian
05-29-2014, 06:53 AM
yeah well the stupid is bigger than the lizard in that movie, that's for sure... but I found it kinda entertaining nonetheless; probably helped that it was no more or less stupid than I expected...

Cap'nSmurfs
05-29-2014, 08:04 AM
I heard Wolf was pish an' all, yeah.

Tyrendian
05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
I heard Wolf was pish an' all, yeah.

how bad can it be if it gives us this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_sUtXAl24o

Brenlak
05-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Just got back from it and I didn't think it was to bad. When I watch a movie that usually features a man in a rubber suit I don't expect to much. It was the end I didn't care for, the whole "savior of our city" and the booshing roar just added to the pro-American feel of the thing. The main characters name is Ford, comeon!