PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Inquisition Psykers for 40k

ElectricPaladin
05-15-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm looking for alternate models for psykers for my Inquisitor's warband. GW makes literally ONE model for a squad of five or more! I'm happy to use 3rd party minis and convert or kit-bash away. Any suggestions for models, kits to bash, or conversion suggestions?

Digitarii
05-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Kits for kitbashing: Cadian command squad, tempestus scions, empire wizard.
3rd party bits: bald heads from Mad Robot. They are slightly larger than the Cadian bare heads and are well suited for psykers

daboarder
05-15-2014, 07:42 PM
empire flagellants has to be one of the most useful kits GW has ever released, its good for anything from bedraggled psykers to cultist scum

Chanderzz
05-16-2014, 06:03 AM
I just did a conversion with a Fantasy Daemon Lord my Inquisitor. Look at Blanchitsu the possibilities are endless for Inquistion.

Gwhizz84
05-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Necromunda Wyrds maybe?

Katharon
05-17-2014, 07:33 PM
I just did a conversion with a Fantasy Daemon Lord my Inquisitor. Look at Blanchitsu the possibilities are endless for Inquistion.

Good choice for a conversion. That would make for a good Ordo Malleus Inquisitor wielding a Daemon sword and falling slowly into the abyss...

YorkNecromancer
05-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Empire flagellants provide the legs. Cut the body off at the torso.

The ideal 'bit' is the body of a Cadian tank commnader - there are two plastic ones per tank upgrade sprue. I had a bunch of these from my old IG vehicles, and you can buy them quite inexpensively at most bits sites.

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/images/100660902452.jpg

You glue this to the legs (obviously), then use the Flagellant heads and any spare Cadian arms which aren't holding rifles. The grenade arms are particularly useful for this.

I clip the hands off the Cadian arms, and use open hands/fists from the Flagellant arms.

You get some lovely looking psykers that way. I'll see if I can dig mine out - I made about twenty to be Sanctioned Psykers from the old codex (before the new 'Wyrdvane' trying-too-hard-to-be-awesome spelling came along).

ElectricPaladin
05-18-2014, 10:34 AM
I'd love to see what you made, York. It sounds like a nice recipe.

At the moment, I'm thinking of making one stand-in. I have a ton of second-hand Catachans, and I think they're butt-ugly. My current plan is to shave one down to a man-shaped mannikin - except for the face and the hands - and then make a greenstuff robe and deep cowl to cover him.

I'm pretty cool with my psykers being a mis-matched bunch. As it stands right now, my Inquisitor's retinue is going to have a sharp dividing line between her personal militia - the Brotherhood (still looking for a better name) - who are going to be made from the Militarium Tempestus kit, and the random weirdos she's picked up, who are made from a mix of Cadian, Catacahan, Sister of Battle, and kit-bashed models. So I'm comfortable with following your recipe for some, and some mysterious cloaked weirdos - sorry, wyrdos :p - as well.