PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Forge World Tyranid Dactylis. What do?

Razanur
05-12-2014, 06:32 PM
I was going through some old models I got from a friend a long while ago. At the bottom of the tacklebox were 5 armorcast tyranid models and I finally decided to find out what they are, and it turns out I have a Dactylis, which, according to my research, is pretty rare. I'm planning on putting them all up on Ebay (gotta fuel my new models somehow), and I found pricing for all the other models, but cannot for the life of me find out what I should price the Dactylis at. I found an old auction where a model in very similar condition to mine had been sold for about $200, but I have no way of knowing if this is high or low.

The model is painted, unfortunately (but, I will mention, it's painted very well), and the throwy arms have come off, but some TLC would probably get it back in very good condition. The other models I have (in case anyone is interested) are; 2x exocrine (1 unpainted), 1 malefactor (painted), and 1 haruspex (unpainted/unassembled). They are all armorcast and good condition, considering their age.

Anyone out there have any suggestions for me? I'm very out of the loop as far as the collector's side of the game goes so I am in unfamiliar territory here. Any help would be very much appreciated.

edit: picture

Anakzar
05-12-2014, 10:27 PM
I don't know how rare those are but I have 3 of each myself. The Dactylis is not armorcast but was Forge world models out of Modesto, California (so I don't think the current forge world that is part of GW).

I have the datasheet that came with and it was written by Andy Chambers, Steve Giblin, Mike Hisaw, Jervis Johnson, Phil Johnson and John Richardson. Sadly this is for the 2nd ed game so the stat line is not really usable for 6th Ed. But here it is. M7(there used to be a movement stat.. humans were 4 movement)

WS5 BS6 S7 T8 W15 I5 A2 Ld8 The Carnifex of 2nd ed was in comparison M6 WS6 BS4 S7 T8 W10 I6 Ld10

The arms were barrage type with a range of 15-72 with damage equivalent to plasma cannon with two shots... but only AP3.

An updated stat line could be made for house ruled games.