PDA

View Full Version : Daboarder's How To's: Plague Bellies

daboarder
05-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Another article.

Large swollen, distended and rotten bellies are a trade mark of the death guard and followers of nurgle. So whether you want to rot up some CSM/traitor guard, or make a particularly gruesome objective marker or piece of scenery.

1) Take a small ball of greenstuff. The size depends on how large your belly is going to be but its very easy to use to much, less is usually more in this case so I recommend using a ball about the size of a space marine helmet at most.

2) Gently roll the greenstuff into a thick cylinder, about 6-8 mil long.

3) using your thumb, gently press down one side of the roll, then push the edges back towards the center giving you something like this.

4) taking your piece of greenstuff place it on an appropriate part of a model. Models that have chest plats that already have the curve of the diaphragm such as marines or terminators are easiest. For this demonstration I used a terminator that I am currently working on.

5) Taking the point of your tool, push the greenstuff up under the chest plate. Be sure that the edges of your bellies still have a section that attaches to the chest plate.

6) Use your sculpting tool like a rolling pin to push the greenstuff around into the correct position. in this instant I wanted the sac to weigh heavily on one side, so as well as moving it into that position I also extended the stretch marks on the opposite side of the belly.

NB: at this point you can stop if you want, your belly is done, I will be continuing to show some extended techniques that can add some much needed variation to your models,

7) Poke the point of your tool into the belly

8) Work the tool around to create a hole in the belly

9) Using the tip of your sculpting tool and a flicking motion, work around the edges creating a torn look

Edit: To be continued

daboarder
05-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Part 2: Damn image limit

10) Gently poke the point of your tool into the inside edges of the hole creating a roughened effect.

NB: Again you can stop here and leave the inside of the belly exposed.

11) Take a long roll of green stuff a few mill thick

12) Shove the point of the toothpick into the end of the roll. work it around the same way you did with the belly.

13) Cut the roll to length of your choice.

14) Place the rolls into the hole in the way you desire, either hanging out or looped over, both demonstrated here.

Edit: As always here are some images of this technique being used on various miniatures of mine

ElectricPaladin
05-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Ew. Nice!

Wolfshade
05-13-2014, 02:02 AM
Papa Nurgle will be pleased.