PDA

View Full Version : If your a daemon player your gonna love 7th edition

Xaric
05-12-2014, 03:50 AM
First of all unlike our Chaos space marine servants we don't have to choose our table to pick one from the book this makes us much stronger also with the blue scribe he can take any spell from the book and not worry about perils I bet we will see him used more in 7th edition with the fact that he can also gain warp charges when the other side manifests a ability.

Secondly did the paragraph mention it wouldn't be as bad to us if we are daemon spawn? I don't have the book on hand at the moment so can someone explain that to me other then that I can't wait for 7th edition

A personal note Hope everyone who used to play tzeentch did not sell there tzeentch daemons because lets do some math's shale we
Two pink horrors unit with a model count of 16 = 6 warp charge
Lord of Change = 4 warp charge
Two Herald of Tzeentch with the locus that powers each unit of horrors = 6 warp charge
Three Daemon Prince of Tzeentch = 9 warp charge
That is a total of 25 warp charge to spend now if things play out from what I read in the book I believe everyone but tyranids can use the new daemonolgy table to say summon more minions now if daemons can do this tzeentch full psyker lists are going to be evil :P

Now time for some thorys on the daemonolgy trait you get two sub classis of table Sanctic and Malefic

First we need to know the meaning of the two words

Sanctic that sounds a lot like Sanctus meaning holy or sacred the army's that could use this would be all but tyranids and Chaos daemons
Primaris power Banish removing a unit that is daemon spawn from play
1-2 +1 Invulnerable save to a friendly unit this would stack with the ability's from Divination Forewarning +3 Invulnerable save anyone
3-4 -1 Invulnerable save to a enemy unit this nasty with ability's from Divination Misfortune on daemons with +6 Invulnerable saves
5-6 Sacred Ground persists in play as a field of sorts that hurts daemon spawn and gives models inside a Invulnerable save

Malefic is the meaning of harm or destruction the army's that could use this would be all but tyranids and grey knights
Primaris power Warpflux has a chance to turn a enemy into a chaos spawn and fight for your side
1-2 Summon Unbound daemon like chaos fury's after all they tried to get people to buy these models for fantasy with the new daemon army book
3-4 Summon Lesser Daemons most likely based on how many dice you put into this ability you get more lesser daemons
5-6 Summon Greater Daemons Requires a lot of dice to summon a greater daemon

These are complete speculations with no source just stuff that came to mind doing research on how I could see it going feel free to ignore it just wanted to get it of my chest as a form of creativity if anyone was interested.

Lord Krungharr
05-12-2014, 05:36 PM
I think those Primaris powers are WAAAY too good for a default power. Don't think (or hope) we'll see that :)

But if that collective Warp Charge thing is true, then a unit of Horrors in your example could fire what, like 25D6 strength 6 shots with the Locus of Conjuration? HOLY CRAP! If only the Herald could get Perfect Timing with that.......Or I guess a Fateweaver could do it from the air with better BS. That would be very very nasty indeed!

Caitsidhe
05-12-2014, 07:43 PM
I think you are probably being a bit overly optimistic. I suspect that any unit which is a "Brotherhood of Psykers" will simply count as a SINGLE Psyker of the appropriate level. Of course, nothing prevents you from taking a lot of minimum units of such units to build up your pool.

DarkLink
05-12-2014, 09:36 PM
You take Heralds. 8 of them, at ML 3, in only 2 HQ slots. 24 Mastery levels, for about 700pts.

White Tiger88
05-12-2014, 11:33 PM
You take Heralds. 8 of them, at ML 3, in only 2 HQ slots. 24 Mastery levels, for about 700pts.

So this means i should wait to sell my extra daemons eh? :eek:

Xaric
05-13-2014, 03:23 AM
I think you are probably being a bit overly optimistic. I suspect that any unit which is a "Brotherhood of Psykers" will simply count as a SINGLE Psyker of the appropriate level. Of course, nothing prevents you from taking a lot of minimum units of such units to build up your pool.

Have you forget magic made manifest 11-15 horrors = 2 warp charge 16-20 horrors = 3 warp charge and yes the warp charge pool warp charge you roll 1 d6 and you add the mastery levels as warp charge but due to horrors having this wording on there rules it still applys.

- - - Updated - - -

You can only ever take 4 heralds per primary detachment to make it a bound army but with unbound you could take say all heralds of tzeentch with daemonolgy if you can summon pink horrors welcome to hell :P

DarkLink
05-13-2014, 07:54 AM
No, 8. 4 per slot.

Xaric
05-13-2014, 08:03 AM
You might want to read page 94 Chaos daemon codex agien Each Primary Detachment in your army may include up to four Heralds of Chaos, chosen in any combination from the following models.

In the big rule book page 109-110 A primary detachment is the FOC and that consists of 2 HQ 6 Troops 3 Fast 3 Elites and 3 Heavy Support if you are playing a 2000+ point game you can take another Primary detachment to take another 4 heralds the rule is clear letter by letter it just justifys that the 4 take up one HQ slot.

DarkLink
05-13-2014, 09:50 AM
I don't own the daemon codex. What I know is that you can take 4 and fateweaver. Forgive me for not having a completely encyclopedic knowledge of every army in the game. ;). Regardless, you can literally ignore the FOC now, so it's kind of a moot point.

Caitsidhe
05-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Have you forget magic made manifest 11-15 horrors = 2 warp charge 16-20 horrors = 3 warp charge and yes the warp charge pool warp charge you roll 1 d6 and you add the mastery levels as warp charge but due to horrors having this wording on there rules it still applys.

I had forgotten it but I'm still not sure we should assume that will translate directly. This new book is going to require (sadly) an extensive Faq for each and every Codex written with 6th Edition in mind. It is possible (as you suggest) they will count Warp Charges as additional levels of Mastery. If so, that will be bizarrely powerful unless there is a hard cap on the total number of dice that can be thrown at a spell (which I suspect will be the case).

Xaric
05-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Two things could happen they remove Daemons as a army codex as more of a supplimental army very low chance of happoning or they redo the daemons codex because as its going daemons are going to be over the top broken due to there army is as the old term gos you kill 1 and two replace it as invunirbal saves make our army hard to kill as it is.

Tynskel
05-13-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't possess a.
I don't possess gonna.

hmmmm...

Mad Cat
05-14-2014, 09:03 AM
FMC - Only one grounding test per phase and only after you are wounded (not hit) is the latest rumor on the BOLS News page. If you have fateweaver that reroll will almost guarantee a flying circuis army stays difficult to hit. Also extra wounds from a challenge carry over to the other squad members so our princes and greater daemons can't be tied up in a useless challenge by a sucesstion of guard NCOs.

Lord Krungharr
05-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Yes indeed, I am very happy to hear the tougher to Ground news. My Bloodthirsters and Nurgle Princes will be extra happy for that!

Regarding the super plethora of Heralds, even if they rule that an Unbound army has no detachments at all (as in no Primary Detachment), it won't matter as you could run like 12 Heralds of whatever sort since anything goes. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the possibility of a Flickering Fire with like 10D6 or more Str 6 shots that may or may not ignore cover....and they're reportedly changing that too. Probably because Tau and Serpent Shields ignoring cover being so nasty, not to mention Deathstrikes.

I wonder if they'll let armies have Daemons, CSM, and another 1 or more armies included, like AM and/or Orks in there too. Or if it will still be limited to 2 Codices per army no matter if its Unbound or Battle Forged (or whatever it's called?). AM, Space Wolves, and DA would be a good combo too.

Anyways, Daemons will be pretty happy with the new edition I think :) And that Cursed Ground Malefic power would be amazing for Obliterators by the way......all 20 of them !