PDA

View Full Version : Sluggaz doubles tournament - 24th May - 1200 points

Cow
05-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Hi guys, I run the events at Southampton Sluggaz and we are running our first doubles tournament on May 24th. It is a single day event on the Saturday with 4 games during the day. Starting at 10 am and finishing around 7 pm. The event should be a lot of fun, there are a lot of extra rules to stop people spamming unit to make the game more balanced and fun so please read the rules pack which is attached and I will give a quick over view of the rules below (If people have been to Brighton Warlord's doubles tournaments you will find they are very similar). Hope to see some new faces in two weeks time, please post on here, or email me directly at [email protected], or find visit us on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/266544056780588/)or our forums (http://southamptonsluggaz.co.uk/foru....php?f=5&t=997).

Hi all, next sluggaz tournament is up for booking. And we have space for 20 teams, but may move it up to 30 teams if we get enough interest.

Its a 1200 point combined force doubles tournament (600 points per person) using one single force organisation chart, and a lot of other extra rules to make it as fun as possible, and to cut out to many beardy options.

Run down of basic rules.

Each player must take one 10 man troop unit, and 1 HQ between the team.

No repeat units, apart from troops (i.e. can not take two librarians, or two landraider redeemers or even two units of wraiths)

No squadrons

If you want to take 2 elites, fast attacks or heavies in your combined forces, you must already have one in each of those unit types. If you want three of any of those unit types you must have 2 of each for the other two unit types.

0-3 units with interceptors and skyfire.

0-2 Fliers or flying monstrous creatures.

Yes to FW, but only if it has a 40k approved sticker, no experimental rules. No to 30k armies, escalation, lord of wars, datasheets etc.

Use the ally matrix to work out what forces can ally together, but ignore the rules for battle brothers, instead count battle brothers as allies on convenience.

Soft score points will be broken down as follows and make up an extra 30 points so it is worth trying to get them:

Army list submitted by deadline – 5 points – Deadline Friday 16th May 23:59 (Combined force). Please post on the Sluggaz forum, or email/facebook me directly. Please make sure the army list is in a word document or pdf if being emailed to me otherwise I will not be able to read it clearly and I will not accept it.

Army painted to 3 colours – 8 points.

Army detailed beyond basic level – 5 points – Use of highlights, washes etc.

Objectives – 3 points – These can be created or use the GW plastic ones. Counters/coins or other models do not count.
Based – 3 points – Flying bases can stay clear is the player wishes.

Themed combined army – 6 points

Timings:

Saturday 24th May

Registration - 09:15hrs – 9:50hrs

Game 1 - 10:00hrs -12:00hrs (5 minute warm up period before the game starts)

Lunch - 12:00hrs - 12:55hrs

Game 2 - 13:00hrs - 14:55hrs (5 minute warm up period before the game starts)

Game 3 - 15:00hrs – 16:55hrs (5 minute warm up period before the game starts)

Game 4 -17:00hrs – 18:55hrs (5 minute warm up period before the game starts)

Prize-giving - 19:10hrs (prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place & Best Combined Army)

The cost will be £10 for a team of 2 Sluggaz club members, £12.50 for a mixed team of member and non-club member and £15 for a team of 2 non-club members! And can be paid to Alex Barbor or another member of the committee on any Friday night event. Please contact me if you are not able to attend a Friday night before the event. Please put you name down on facebook or the Sluggaz forum to book your team for a great day of gaming. In May if you have not paid for your team you will get replaced by another team who can confirm their placement with payment.

If you have any questions about the tournament please contact me, Alex Barbor, either via facebook or the Sluggaz forum, or my email: [email protected]

There is a rules pack attached which goes into a lot more detail, please make sure you read it carefully before writing your lists.

CONFIRMED TEAMS

1. Mark and Matt Randall
2. Dan Foster and Adam
3. Joseph and Jerry
4. Alex hood and Luke Farren (Paid)
5. Mickey + Graham Wigg
6. Joseph Allison and Josh Gutterage (Paid)
7. Ben Johnson and Kev charles
8. Chris Tucker and Kyle Hillman
9. Joe Lombardi and friend (Solent wargamers)
10. Tom Higgins and Emiliano Torricelli
11. Thomas Shearwood + 1
12. Mark Robinson and Pete Dunn (Paid)

The event is held at:

St Denys Community Centre
Priory Road,
St. Denys,
Southampton,
England
SO17 2JZ

It has parking spaces, and free parking on the roads around the venue is the car park does get very busy. It is also about 50/100 meters from St Denys train station, so very easy to get to.