PDA

View Full Version : What Color is Alpha Legion????

White Tiger88
05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Ok so i am going a bit crazy trying to figure out what color Alpha legion really is! So far i have the following.....

Novel's
-------
-Purple Armor
-Silver Trim
-Green Shoulder Icon

Horus Hersy, Collected Visions
------------
-Dark Blue Armor
-Silver Trim
-Green shoulder Icon

Art Work For Novels\Other things
-------------
-Blueish purple armor
-Silver Trim
-Green Shoulder Icon

Forgeworld
--------------
Metalic blue armor????
-Green Shoulder Icon

So at least we know they have Silver Trim & a Green Hydra..........

ElectricPaladin
05-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Look at your army? What color are they?

That's the color the Alpha Legion is. :D

White Tiger88
05-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Look at your army? What color are they?

That's the color the Alpha Legion is. :D

*Palm* I knew someone would make that joke! lol

phreakachu
05-09-2014, 05:44 PM
FOR THE ALPHAS I USED:
armor plate: Mcragge blue washed with druchi violet
armor trim: goblin green with scorpion green highlight
weapons: skavenblight dinge casing with chainmail barrels/slides ect.

i stole this one off of the old gw site, however, do as you see fit

Yale
05-09-2014, 09:14 PM
The both frustrating and fun answer is all of the colour schemes you find for the Alpha Legion are correct. :rolleyes:

The purple with silver trim and green icons appears mostly pre-heresy. But they used plenty of variants on it (such as bronze or white, black or grey), and at times ignored it completely using whatever colours suited their purposes (even other legions). The blue-green may have been the colours of their infiltration or stealth units, or that may be a façade too. :p

Blue-green with silver trim seems to be most common during and post heresy. Each of the CSM codexes, 2nd, 3rd 3.5, 4th and now 6th editions (and now Forgeworld's Extermination too) has had a different mix of blue and green and just as frustrating (and wryly funny) is that all are equally valid as each other. So pick the one you like best, or make your own.

White Tiger88
05-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Fun...lol i am doing 30k so......Purpish blue seems like a good choice! (Like on the Cover of "Legion")

Subexarch
05-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Alpha Legion are mainly the color "Alpharious" with "Omigon" trim.

White Tiger88
05-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Alpha Legion are mainly the color "Alpharious" with "Omigon" trim.

Oh Laugh now......we shall look bad *** when done!

Archaeinox
07-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Yeah, if you're going crazy then they've done their job

alpharious
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
their color depends on which loyalist they are infiltrating. ;) but on a serious note I'd go with phreakachu's choice

banicrhys
07-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Pick any chapter other than the Alpha Legion.

There's your answer.

John Grammaticus
07-14-2014, 01:41 PM
I've started collecting Alpha Legion recently and took my inspiration from the following army: http://bluetablepainting.com/the-awesome-alpha-legion/

My scheme:

Base: kantor blue with asurmen blue wash (previously used necron abyss)
1st layer: 50:50 Meredius blue (Privateer Press/P3): Kantor Blue
2nd layer: Meredius blue
Highlight: Trollblood blue (P3)
2nd highlight: scorpion green
Trim: silver with asurmen blue wash
Eyes: Dark Angels green, goblin green, scorpion green
Weapons: black with silver and bronze trims

Will upload some pics when I can but don't expect anywhere near Blue Table quality! Alpha Legion are great for colour schemes as the fluff means any colour will fit, just go with what you want to paint! I chose my scheme to practice a different highlighting style and because the BTP ones look amazing =)

Harley
07-15-2014, 06:35 AM
It's quite obvious, Ultramarine Blue. You have only need look at most any box of Space Marines GW makes to see the Alpha legion in action ;)

John Grammaticus
07-15-2014, 07:01 AM
Just from reading Legion the way they are portrayed is mainly acting through agents within other organisations such as the Imperial Guard - my army is based around an IG (loyalist or traitor) primary detachment with an allied Alpha Legion detachment (either CSM or SM) so all fluff abgles are covered! So maybe the colour of the Alpha Legion is actually Cadian camo?