PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Daemonic Possession of Grey Knights!

Maelstorm
05-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I picked-up 2 boxes of Grey Knights last night from the local hobby shop.

I opened the first box to find: Plague Bearers of Nurgle.
I opened the second box to find: Plague Bearers of Nurgle.

Seems a disgruntled employee on the GW packing line is having fun.

- Or -

Grey Knights are not nearly as incorruptible as they advertise...

I truly look forward to the responses from the BOLS gang - have at it!!

Tyrendian
05-08-2014, 09:20 AM
somewhere around the world, two someones must have opened their boxes of Plaguebearers and thought "damn are Grey Knights really so OP they can exorcise my boxes?" - or alternatively: "damn are Grey Knights really so OP they can switch universes?!" if they bought them for fantasy...

Mr Mystery
05-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I wonder if anyone is gonna take a look at the title of this, and then just jump on in claiming it's OP....and genuinely claiming it....

Pendragon38
05-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Hahaha that tech priest is going to die a slow death for that mistake.

This Dave
05-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I see the hand (or talon or pseudopod or whatever he's using today) of Tzeentch in all this.

Pendragon38
05-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Lol

Eberk
05-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Don't you know it yet ??? 7th edition will change EVERYTHING ;)

crazyredpraetorian
05-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Years ago, I ordered some Krootox for my store. They shipped 2 blisters per box. Both blisters had two right halves and no left halves. I reported this and GW sent me a placement, they were fine. My next order, I noticed that the Krootox had 2 of the same halves again. I reported it and GW replaced those. Later, I noticed that the most recent mistake had 2 left halves. So, I gave all 4 blisters to an employee that played Tau. It was crazy that I got that many mismatched blisters and they happened to even out.

Darren Richardson
05-08-2014, 12:29 PM
huh, I once brought a couple of boxes of the old mono-pose Empire Halbardiers, 10 to a box....

Normally....

both boxes had 20 figures in each.....

But only 10 bases in each.....

Still I didn't complain, still got some of them somewhere.....

Power Klawz
05-08-2014, 12:45 PM
huh, I once brought a couple of boxes of the old mono-pose Empire Halbardiers, 10 to a box....

Normally....

both boxes had 20 figures in each.....

But only 10 bases in each.....

Still I didn't complain, still got some of them somewhere.....

I had a similar experience with a Dark Elf boxed set a few years back. Was supposed to come with 20 corsairs, instead came with 40. I was pretty stoked, just had to pick up a package of bases and I was good to go.

Slacker
05-08-2014, 02:00 PM
I had bought a Carnifex box back before the 5th edition codex came out. It was missing the sprue with the heads and ranged weapons, but had an extra body sprue in it :)

Kaptain Badrukk
05-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I was working for GW a few years ago, and we got loads of Skaven in eldar boxes. Stealthy buggers.

Psychosplodge
05-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Had an old metal terminator with two left lightning claws and no right arm...

White Tiger88
05-09-2014, 01:22 AM

- Or -

LOL! Seems legit......and a hint @ 7th?

Mr Mystery
05-09-2014, 02:01 AM
Old style Gaunt boxes.

Bought two for my Bro. Both had nothing but Hormogaunts in them. GW swapped them (he needed the Termies as well). And let us keep the mispacks.

Not bad eh?

CitizenSoldier
05-09-2014, 02:46 AM
Friend of mine offered me two 10 man squads of FW Death Korp of Kreig, plus the command squad. I asked how much he wanted, but he explained that he had actually ordered Elesians, but FW sent him the wrong stuff. They, of course, corrected the mistake, but didn't want the DKoK minis back. He was moving back to the states, and was getting rid of stuff, so he gave them to me.

(We played some great Apoc games with US servicemen previously stationed at a base not far from here, so those minis always bring back good memories. Some of the fairest, politest and friendliest gamers you could hope to meet).

John Bower
05-09-2014, 03:10 AM

- Or -

On a serious note, have you contacted GW about this?

Wolfshade
05-09-2014, 03:15 AM
GW are usually quite good about this sort of thing, replacing their errors.

John Bower
05-09-2014, 03:19 AM
GW are usually quite good about this sort of thing, replacing their errors.

That was why I asked; from what I hear of them they're as likely to just send him 2 new boxes of knights and not ask for the Daemons back. :)

Psychosplodge
05-09-2014, 03:25 AM
No doubt its all just a ploy to get you to buy a new army :rolleyes:

Mr Mystery
05-09-2014, 03:59 AM
No doubt its all just a ploy to get you to buy a new army :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

It's because Tom Kirby is selling up. Despite only owning 9ish% of the company...

Junior Commisar
05-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Nonsense.

It's because Tom Kirby is selling up. Despite only owning 9ish% of the company...

Its testing for Hasbro, all GW models will be sold like Magic: The Gathering Cards, you buy a blind box and have a chance of a useable model. With a rare chance of getting a Special Character, which won't be useable in Tournaments in 18 months time.

Maelstorm
05-12-2014, 09:25 AM
On a serious note, have you contacted GW about this?

Yes, I contacted GW customer Service. The rep started out serious and apologetic, by the end of the call we were both laughing about Grey Knights turning to Chaos...

A couple of GK replacement boxes are on the way. :)

Katharon
05-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Its testing for Hasbro, all GW models will be sold like Magic: The Gathering Cards, you buy a blind box and have a chance of a useable model. With a rare chance of getting a Special Character, which won't be useable in Tournaments in 18 months time.

Dear Imperator I hope not.

@OP: For a second I thought this was a reference to the Daemonology thing that has had people going a bit nuts over. Considering that even Ezekiel of the Dark Angels can summon a Blood Thirster (speaking of which, why would Khorne even pay attention to such a witch?) then it might not be so far removed for some Boys-in-Grey to flirt with the dark side a little.