PDA

View Full Version : 1850 dark eldar/eldar help

Albatross66
05-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone, first time poster here. Recently I have been wanting to dust off my dark eldar and add in some eldar allies for a list I plan to play casually with friends but will still be well rounded to take on a variety of different armies. I really like the appeal of dark reapers, as well as adding in some psychic ability. Seems like it offers a good mix of anti armor, anti air, and anti MC. What do you think? Is this list viable?

Duke Sliscus the Serpent 150

4 Kabalite Trueborn: 4× blaster 108
• Venom: splinter cannon 65
4 Kabalite Trueborn: 4× blaster 108
• Venom: splinter cannon 65

9 Kabalite Warriors 81
• Raider: enhanced aethersails; splinter racks; flickerfield 85
10 Kabalite Warriors: blaster; dark lance 130
• Raider: splinter racks; flickerfield 80
10 Kabalite Warriors: blaster; dark lance 130
• Raider: splinter racks; flickerfield 80

Razorwing Jetfighter: 2× neurotoxin missile; flickerfield 165

Eldrad Ulthran 205

10 Guardian Defenders: Heavy Weapon Platform (Eldar missile launcher with plasma and starshot missiles) 120

5 Dark Reapers: Dark Reaper Exarch (shuriken cannon; Night Vision; Fast Shot) 175

Aegis Defence Lines: Gun Emplacement with Quad-gun 100

1,847 points

Pretty straight forward. Reapers go with quad gun for a nice fire base, guardians camp out an objective in cover, eldrad goes with either squad. Then the dark eldar fly around doing what they do, which is rapid-fire shoot at stuff. A lot.

Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Martyn Powell
05-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Hello, Kinda new to dark eldar but i'll give it a shot.

Duke - Good strong HQ especially for the points... He is the only model in this list to benefit from combat drugs though.

Trueborn - One of the very few ways to play these guys, either go full anti-infantry or go small anti-tank with blasters.
Venom - I tend to put Nightshields on mine just to help keep out of rapid fire range.

Warriors - Again I tend to go anti-infantry on this and go for splinter cannon as the only upgrade... when the raider goes bang (and they usually do) you will lose 4-5 warriors anyway. This coupled with the splinter racks means that you will max out damage against infantry rather than waste the primary outgoing damage that 7-8 models (those with splinter weapons) can't hurt if you take dark lances or blasters. A unit of 10 + a splinter cannon comes in at a nice 100pts.
Raider - For me It's just Nightshields, Flickerfields and Splinter Racks - 90pts but again helps against melta and plasma and also rapid fire weapons.... hopefully some good dice will allow you to punch a transport and then decimate the occupants with the splinter shots from the warriors while not taking too much damage in return.

Razorwing - I can't see the point of these if i'm honest. Yes the come with 4 missiles that are S6 AP5 Large blast but due to them being blast they cannot target flying targets which for a "Fighter" is pretty useless... For the same points you've listed above you can get a Voidraven bomber with nightshields and flickerfields... which will do two things... a 5++ and a chance depending on placement of enemy quad guns to be out of range for intercept... 42" for the quad gun and you can bring on your void raven and hit something without the fear of losing it.

Eldar aren't really my thing but playing a similar set up (a full eldar version of your allied detachment) last week I can tell you the following.

Guardians - maybe better on jet bikes as scoring units... either hold them in reserve for a late game objective grab or upgrade to shuriken cannon and hit some weak infantry.
Dark Reapers - I'm guessing they have Eldrad in and will be manning the gun... in which case they're awesome. The list I played against had a batman tau commander in which gave them twin-linked and ignores cover as well as iridium armour giving the unit a 2+ and a 4+ cover to soak up any incoming shots.

Aegis line - If the dark reapers are manning it then drop it to an icarus and let the exarch use his extra shot on it... nothing says die like two intercepting icarus lascannon shots.

A trick with the duke and the raiders... retrofire jets give deepstrike to the transport but don't allow models on board to disembark... with what little time we have left with 6th Ed if you read the deep strike rule. units inside Deep striking transports may not move but may disembark... Now because vehicles that deepstrike count as moving at cruising speed the models on board fire snap shots... the raider however because it is fast fires 2 weapons normally, more than enough for the one dark lance. So you have the option of deepstriking and using this with a raider or two. Although i'm not sure how effective it would be, but it would definitely be a risky move if you don't do enough damage.... you could even use this with your venoms and trueborn to pop vehicles.

Dave Mcturk
05-19-2014, 09:39 AM
wait a week! the sky isnt falling. but the rules they are a changing!