PDA

View Full Version : 1,500 Dark Angels, Scions and Paladin for Throne of Skulls Tourney in May

wh14sxb
05-07-2014, 04:13 AM
So my list is themed, but I don't want to get obliterated haha. I'd rather have fun then slaughter all with cheese.

My list is based somewhat like a recon unit calling in Close Air Support...

Dark Angels Primary

HQ- Ezekiel
Techmarine

Troops- 8 scouts with sniper rifles and cloaks.
10 Scouts, 5 snipers and 2 shotguns and 3 bolters (combat squad most likely)

Fast- Nephilim with Lascannon
Nephilim with Lascannon

Allies- Militarum Tempestus

HQ- Command Squad with 3 hot shot volley guns

Troops- 6 Scions

Fast- Valkyrie with Lascannon and 2 hellstrike missiles, the one time use "battle cannon shots"

Imperial Knight attachment

Knight Paladin, the rapid fire battle cannon guy.

I feel like I have Something that can take down every potential item, FMC, Flyers, Land Raiders, hoardes. Maybe not efficiently though.

Now Ezekiel and Techmarine can be with different units to offer a 2+ save to the scouts, and a IC look out sir if needed. The scions I dropped all equipment so they are more effective with orders and the command squad becomes a firebase of 12 S4 AP3 shots at 24". With this I can cause W to any model out there and have large blasts deal with masses. We'll see how it does hopefully tomorrow.

interrogator_chaplain
05-07-2014, 10:51 PM
There's a lot to like about this list and it's far from the hardcore cheese which I really like.

What I think is the biggest weakness is that you're light on the troops, 30 is good, but they're light-ish-ly armoured, so if they get wiped real quick then you're gonna end up losing out on objectives. So you'll be hugging those cover saves real hard.

With this you'll want to do your best to kill off the enemy troop killers while the fliers cover your Titan.

Again, really like this list!

wh14sxb
05-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Well I made som eadjustments as I think it's imperative to be able to effectively take down FMC's. Not much change going on though, but check update.

interrogator_chaplain
05-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Dark Angels effectively lack serious anti-MC units except for Devastators really, FMC doubly so but I think you'll do fine with the Valkyrie and Nephilim. At the very least you'll put them on the ground where your Titan can deal with them.

TauBoss
05-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Throne of skulls you say. Ill see you there. Nice list, not full of s*#t like mine is. I went for a small model count as it is easier to deploy.

Cadre fire blade

6 fire warriors+devil fish with sms

Riptide, ion accelerator, twin linked fusion blaster, early warning override.

Broadside with early warning over ride and missile drone.
Broadside with early warning over ride and missile drone.

Fortress of Redemption with krakstorm missiles, remote fire, and search lights.

As has been said, light on the troops. And I will be hugging cover or hiding behind my fortress.

Good luck mate. 5 days to go.

wh14sxb
05-16-2014, 03:05 AM
Tauboss! I look forward to seeing you there! Thanks for the comments everyone.

Katharon
05-16-2014, 07:36 AM
List on the OP is pretty cheesy in my book...but then so is that trio of Riptides list (more cheese...hmmm, smells like Gouda).

wh14sxb
05-16-2014, 07:46 AM
Seriously you find the DA cheesy? That's upsetting. I know 3 flyers, but far from the 3 best flyers in the game...you're the only person to call cheese, and I'm trying to avoid the cheese :/

Katharon
05-16-2014, 08:09 AM
This is just my own personal opinion, so don't take it to the bank or believe that I am somehow speaking for anyone else but:

Cheese comes about when you have three different armies fighting together -- and not just three different armies, but cherry-picking some of the best of the best from them. You went near bottom for points on the DA (Ezekiel is a pretty BAMF dude on his own), got two of the fliers and gave them their best option for popping tanks and ticking down the wounds on Monsterous Creatures; recruited the new Boys-in-Blue from the Tempestus Scions (Almost surprised not to see a Taurox Prime in the list, what with its special missile system as good or better than SoB Exorcists) to get a Valkyrie and a hot-spot unit that can claim objectives for you; and then added that final piece of Gouda by taking a D-weapon totting Imperial Knight [which I am still not comfortable with knowing is a normal-game army and not Apocalypse only, etc.]

If you're going to aim for non-Cheese, then focus on taking only a detachment from a single Codex. If it's a guy that goes for three Hellturkeys with CSM? Bad as that is, at least he only took things from one codex. Now I'm not saying Allies are bad, in fact they're pretty cool, but you should never use it specifically in this manner and it should be much more fluffy.

Like I said, this is just my opinion. Feel free to fly the bird and tell me to jog on.

wh14sxb
05-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Katharon I appreciate your input greatly. I try to avoid WAAC lists and have a theme, as well as not bring an army my opponent goes, "What the crap is this d-baggery?" So being the gamer you are, I value your opinion on cherry picking from 3 codices.

I do have a Taurox Prime, but it didn't fit with my Recon/CAS theme.

interrogator_chaplain
05-16-2014, 08:26 PM
I have to disagree Katharon, these aren't nearly the hardcore options that could be taken. If he wanted to cheese it up, he could've gone with standard Space Marines and tossed in a pair of Storm Talons, which are the far more impressive flyers. These units aren't really the hardest hitting, wipe you all over the board by your face type units. Unlike the Hellturkey which is highly mobile, can inflict more than a few wounds that can wipe out swathes of MEQ's and is hard to hit and kill.
And if you haven't tried fighting the Knight in a game yet, it's really not as terrifying as you might think. I took it to a tournament recently and still lost every game. (It was blown up by one of the least cheesy Eldar lists I've seen in a while. Only army to do so that day.)

This is hardly a cheesy army in my opinion.

Katharon
05-17-2014, 07:08 PM
And I agree with that, he didn't pick the *very best* -- but my point was that when you take up three army choices, that's when things become cheesy just by default. If he has the time, money, and models to create this list then he's my hero since that means GW is likely to stay in business for longer. However, yeah, I agree, he could have picked worse.

Katharon I appreciate your input greatly. I try to avoid WAAC lists and have a theme, as well as not bring an army my opponent goes, "What the crap is this d-baggery?" So being the gamer you are, I value your opinion on cherry picking from 3 codices.

I do have a Taurox Prime, but it didn't fit with my Recon/CAS theme.

Thanks. I know it might have sounded harsh, but it's not as if this is a judgment of just you. It's a judgment of the way 6th has gone over the past year and a half. We've seen such a huge shift in the way the army mechanics work in terms of what you bring to the game.

For the Taurox Prime, I'd suggest reading its rules in depth. It's missile system is very nice and can be a great force multiplier for Tempestus forces that lack the other heavy sections of the IG codex that normal IG armies have. Fuggly model, but meh, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

TauBoss
05-19-2014, 03:17 AM
Hi guys. With my three tide list I won three, lost one and drew one.

First battle was against seven necron flyers. Vanguard strike I got first turn. Victory. Lucky with my sky fire. Fun battle
Second battle. Iron hands. Nice balanced list. Hammer and anvil. I got first turn. Victory. My opponent rolled four ones for twin linked las cannons. He was cursed. Again fun battle
Battle three. White scars biker list. Dawn of war. I had second turn. Lost half my army in turn on. Hung on till turn five. Unlucky in the end not to get a draw. (Kidding, I got owned) Had an ace laugh my sides were hurting. Got a fav battle vote for this one.
Battle four. Grey knights/Tau. Three dreadkinghts drago two palidins. Riptide 6 fire warriors and buff commander. He was in my face from turn one. His dread all died by turn two. I lost one tide. He had two fire warriors left. Enjoyed the game.
Battle five. Chaos space marine nurgle. Two squads rhino 6 obiltoraters. Two hell turkeys. Took the relic on turn two. 3-3 I the end. Ace battle again. Real sprit of the game.

loved it. Cant wait to go again. All I need is a partner for battle brother in july.