2 x Battlewagon - 100
-Paint
-Bomz

Battlewagon - 125
-Paint
-Bomz
-Deffrolla
-Grotz

Should i remove the squig and put 3 bosspoles on the boys? or nah?..

Chumbalaya
08-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Bosspoles are a must.

BW need a weapon so they don't get immobilized first damage result. Stikkbomz are useless considering Orks are I3.

Vehicles require a KFF, no question.

Nobs in a Trukk will get blasted quickly, they need a BW.

Needs more Lootas, 5 don't do anything. 15 would be better so you stay Fearless.

Look into picking up some Buggies with big shootas. They're dirt cheap, put out some serious dakka, and can be used to block movement, shield your BW and generally be a nuisance.

Old_Paladin
08-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I think Chumbalaya has a good point with the buggies, but maybe twined-rokkits would help with anti-tank/ anti-meq (Plague Marines get no save and no FNP against rokkits).

Red paint and grotz on all the battlewagons will never let you down. Bombz only on the nob wagon, as they have the init to do something. Kannon and big shoota on the wagon is good (cheap and a frag shell is defensive). I like the lobba instead, for range, pinning and strength; but that's me.

If you're going to put the 30 point into armour and klaw on the boss; maybe give him mega-armour. It adds a twined-assault weapon and a much better save. Just be ready to have him slow down the unit he's with.

Maybe consider Cybork-nobz instead of armoured. It drops from a 4 to a 5, but to always get the 5. Against heavybolter, ***-cannons, power weapons, nova cannons, heavy flamers, chem-cannons, rending, etc. you'll be happier in the long run.

A mek with KFF in the nob wagon, and the other two flanking is hard to take down.

If you keep the SAG-Mek, spring for an ammo-runt, and maybe a 10+ strong unit of grots as a bodyguard (and daisy-pickers)

StrikerFox
08-04-2009, 03:45 AM
hey thanks for the comments guys :D

i think ill drop the squig on the boss and give the three boys squads boss poles, and then drop the stikkbom chuckas on the wagons and put atleast big shootas.. as i do run into the problem of them getting immobile just because of losing a weapon..

i was considering making the nobz all cybork, but even with that invuln save, most of the time im just making regular saves on their 4+ and then get a feel no pain after that.. which 90% of the time i make..

the reason ive kept the lootas in two seperate smaller squads, is primarily because i tried it as a 15man squad, only to have them run off the board after a turn of being shot at. atleast if i keep them in two squads, not only does my opponent have to shoot one or the other, but if one breaks, i atleast have 5 left to shoot the next turn.

oh, and the mega armored boss is a great idea, but yea, he's just gonna be too slow for me.. if i had the points i would make them all mega armored.. and the reason for the trukk at this points limit, is to just get the wagons up as a wall, have the trukk go round where needed to punch thru. ive always wanted a KFF, and heck it probably would be a bit more useful at all times rather than the SAG.. but theres just so amazingly funny, seeing an entire command squad, and a bunch of other random **** get sucked into a warp hole.. XD

but yeah, thanks for your thoughts.. :D if anything i might spring for a KFF big mek.. XD

Chumbalaya
08-04-2009, 06:48 AM
I'd pick cybork bodies too. Since you have FNP, normal wounds just bounce off of you. Against power weapons and the like, you need protection that FNP won't give.

15 Lootas won't run after getting shot (unless 5 or more die). 2 units of 15 won't run even more ;)

Grarg
08-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Are those Boys slugga boys or shoota boys? If they are Sluggas (ie: they are going to be running all the time to get into combat or in one of them Battlewagons) drop the Big Shootas, they are useless in Slugga boy mobs. Use those points to give your Nobz bosspoles.

If those boys are Shoota boys, then keep the Big Shootas, but find a way to get those Nobz bosspoles.

StrikerFox
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Are those Boys slugga boys or shoota boys? If they are Sluggas (ie: they are going to be running all the time to get into combat or in one of them Battlewagons) drop the Big Shootas, they are useless in Slugga boy mobs. Use those points to give your Nobz bosspoles.

If those boys are Shoota boys, then keep the Big Shootas, but find a way to get those Nobz bosspoles.

hmm, interesting..
@grarg
i think i actually might have to do that.. i only had the big shootas in the squad to lay down some fire IF they were gonna.. now that i think about it, i dont need those.. XD

im still iffy on the cybork bodies.. ill give it a try next week.. i know that yes, against power weapons, i have a tougher time.. but most of the time my opponenet goes after my warboss.. which, he/she would fail to hit, let alone cause a wound.. if they do wound, i still have his cybork body and 3 wounds to go thru.. by then the other nobz have done just as much damage due to all the attacks and bonus;s and stuff.. :P

@chumbalaya
well the thing is when i did run a 15 loota squad, not only is it that i HAD to shoot all of them at ONE target.. but also that my opponets are so AFRAID of a squad of 15, that they shoot them up.. now, yes, thats kinda the point.. but after losing about half, the whole unit ran.. (happened twice)

so to solve it i made them smaller squads.. makes my opponent have to choose which to lay more fire into, while still having the ability to shoot atleast 5 of them effectively..

StrikerFox
08-07-2009, 04:17 AM
well i tried using a big mek with a KFF tonite.. didnt do jack. although i was in assault rather early, i think it woulda been better off shooting a SAG gun.. i missed that.. i love the randomness of the gun the most! XD

big improvement tho getting rid of the big shootas from the squad, few extra attacks..
put kannons on my battlewagons.. but i really think i should keep the stikkbombs..