PDA

View Full Version : 1500 AM list

Tenzilla
05-05-2014, 08:22 AM
This is my first list since the new codex, I havent had a chance to play it yet. However disclaimer, my local meta lacks the amount of fliers that seem to be so popular elsewhere.

HQ
Yarrick 145

Primaris x2 100

Command Tank Vanquisher
lascannon&MMs
Vanquisher
Lascannon&MMs 360

ADL and Quadgun 100

Troops

Platoon
PCS
4 Flamers
boltgun
Chimera 116

Infantry squads x3
Autocannon&boltgun 183

20 Conscripts
Priest 85

Veterans
Camo gear
Lascannon
3xPlasma
Boltgun 136

Elite

3 Bulgryns

Heavy Support
Wyvren x2 130

Have at it. Its not an incredibly competitive list but it should be fun.

Katharon
05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Kind of curious to know why you invest any points into boltguns...first time I've seen that in...well, years.

I'd drop the Command Tank Squadron vanquisher down to Heavy Support, so you have two tanks that can operate independently of each other -- and I don't just mean shooting at different targets (I know that there is an order that lets the tank commander shoot at a different target from his unit). Sometimes you just need tanks on different parts of the battlefield, physically. Also, both tanks should be taking camo netting. It's a bit expensive, but it's saved my arse enough times that I never field them without them.

I'd drop the lascannon from the Veterans and give them extra Doctrines. The more the merrier, as they say.

Three bullgryns is a waste. If you're taking Ogryns of any kind, you have to take them in groups of at least five to be worth their points. I'd suggest dropping the bullgryns and adding two units of Ratling Snipers (seven in each squad). You'll get more out of Ratling snipers than you will out of three bullgryns.

Unless Yarrick is just a model you always like taking, I've never found much use for him. I'd suggest a normal Company Command Squad in his place. I'm guessing that you might stick him with the Conscripts and Priest?

Mad Cat
05-06-2014, 07:46 AM
HQ: Yarrick is well worth the extra cost over a CCS as he can hide in a blob and issue orders all day. A CCS (even in a chimera) can often just be shot immediately, loosing you your warlord and all the orders.
I prefer the tanks to be HQ as they can split fire using orders and the BS4 is nice for one of them. MM sponsons I can take or leave as I don't think vanquishers should get that close.

Troops: Bolters are a great addition to shooty squads letting the sarge chip in with a 24" weapon and the srtrength making up for the fact that the FRFSRF order won't effect him. Also at a single point each it is a nice way to round off odd points to a multiples of 5 from, for example, relic plating.
Keep the vets as they are, adding demos to a static fire support unit tied to cover seems a waste and armour saves wont be as good as decent cover in a ruin.

Elite: Drop them ASAP. More troops such as 30 conscripts or 20 standard gardsmen could be fun.

Heavy: Great. Considder spliting them up as you have spare heavy slots and there is little need to band together for prescience as you are already twin linked for the main guns. It will stop overkills passing on to other tanks in the squadron.

Tenzilla
05-06-2014, 08:29 AM
I bought the bullgryns i figure i have to use them in some battles. I was going to put Yarrick either on his own on the quad gun with the bullgryns for support or in the blob.

I would use the wyvrens independently. as for the MMs i added them last when i couldnt afford another infantry squad.

Boltguns were to spend my last 5 points i figured 5 bolters would be more helpful then upgrading one flamer to a Heavy in the PCS. If i dropped the bolters and MMS i could afford camo netting which is something i did consider. i will prolly have tanks behind the ADL with the vets anyway so the nets would help alot.

Cadian122
05-19-2014, 06:59 AM
I like the list, however I would drop the Multi-Meltas from the Vanquishers, as they have to be within 12" to fire at full effect.

Katharon, don't forget that the command tank must be in a squadron of 2+

Katharon
05-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Katharon, don't forget that the command tank must be in a squadron of 2+

Yeah, sadly. This was another mistake that I think they made with the Command Tank HQ option. *sigh*

Cadian122
05-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeah, sadly. This was another mistake that I think they made with the Command Tank HQ option. *sigh*

I'm with you there, I'm not the biggest fan, but I can see why they did it. IMHO, if I want to take tanks as HQ choices, I'll just use the Forgeworld armoured battlegroup list.

This Dave
05-20-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm with you there, I'm not the biggest fan, but I can see why they did it. IMHO, if I want to take tanks as HQ choices, I'll just use the Forgeworld armoured battlegroup list.

I thought it was kind of odd that one of the few orders the TC can give lets his tank fire at a separate target to the rest of the squadron. Why not just not be in a squadron in the first place?

I'm also hoping that Forge World pits out an update to the Armored Battlegroup list once 7th gets out. I want my cheaper tanks! :)