PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor's New Groove

Drakmoore
05-03-2014, 12:22 PM
In the final days of Terra the only hope for man kind rests in the return of the Emperor. I give you the Emperor's new groove.

Morgrim
05-04-2014, 01:14 AM
It's probably just a case of the camera washing colours out, but my first thought is that he's not nearly shiny enough. A brighter, more reflective throne to contrast the dull corpse would give it more punch. Are you planning to actually use this model on the table? I'm curious what people's reactions will be.

Darren Richardson
05-04-2014, 03:19 AM
interesting models, I agree with Morgrim, it does look like it's not shiney enough...

Drakmoore
05-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Totally see your point on the color scheme, but I wanted to go for a more aged look. I figure the throne is 10,000 years old and also I based it on the art of the throne which has a decidedly grim dark look to it. As far as fielding them I made them as a display piece for my local shop, so I may never actually play them

Batoche1864
05-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Yeah I agree with the thoughts that the auto settings on your camera may be hurting your final shots.

I'd look and see if I could manually select a lighting temperature and when using a window as a natural light source I have a sheet of cardboard with tinfoil stretched over it just outside of the other side of my framing to reflect back some of the light and brighten up the overall image and soften the farside shadows.

It doesn't take much effort to make a fill-light reflector but it can sure add a great deal to your final display shots.

ElTanko
05-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Can't say I have seen many, if any, post heresy emperor models. Nice take on it, especially the last pic.

ElTanko