PDA

View Full Version : Battles in the Age of Darkness Expansion...

Mr Mystery
05-01-2014, 03:05 AM
I think Forgeworld may have let the cat out of the bag....

The Horus Heresy Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List is a 96 page hard back containing the complete profiles, special rules and wargear, compiled and updated, for the core Legiones Astartes Legion Crusade Army List for Warhammer 40,000 and the Battles in the Age of Darkness gaming expansion. It allows Horus Heresy players to carry something lighter the their games than the weighty tomes of our main volumes, and is also intended to be used both as a resource for consulting and collecting your armies and as a handy reference during play.

The contents of this book have been drawn from across the three volumes of Forge World's Horus Heresy Isstvan Trilogy series, and are intended to be used alongside its companion book The Horus Heresy Legiones Astartes: Isstvan Campaign Legions which provides the special rules and unique units and characters for the specific Legions featured in the epic conflict of the Horus Heresy's opening stages. It can also be used as a basis to build a Great crusade army list for any of the Space Marine Legions.

For a complete list of the book's contents, click here. This book is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Monday 19th May.

New product in the bold, unless I am mistaken....

Erik Setzer
05-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Did a Google search, got this page:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_Two_-_Massacre#.U2Ka7k0-fMg

Seems that's the name of the rules for gaming in the 30K universe that are in the book.

Given that they're releasing the army lists in separate books you can purchase now, it makes sense to take these rules and put them into their own book, titled "Battles in the Age of Darkness," so people can buy the 30K rules and army lists separate from the huge HH mega-books.

Mr Mystery
05-02-2014, 05:39 AM
I dunno man. There's already a 40k expansion for that.

I'm expecting this to be a new product entirely. Possibly missions.

daboarder
05-02-2014, 06:19 AM
I dunno man. There's already a 40k expansion for that.

I'm expecting this to be a new product entirely. Possibly missions.

He is kinda spot on, this is the description of the "battle in the age of darkness:

Battles in the Age of Darkness is a rules expansion for Warhammer 40,000 intended for games between regular and Apocalypse scale representing battles during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy.

Mr Mystery
05-02-2014, 06:22 AM
Ah fair enough :)

Wolfshade
05-02-2014, 06:23 AM
So would that be the 1000pt window between 2000 & 3000?

deinol
05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
So would that be the 1000pt window between 2000 & 3000?

Isn't 3k points only barely Apocalypse? Most of the Apoc games near me are multiple people per side events where each person brings 2k, making the games 4k-8k per side.

Not that I see a need for any special rules for under 4k...