PDA

View Full Version : Fortress of Redemtion?

TauBoss
04-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Hi BoLS

Im making list with a Fortress of Redemption. Do I need a model on the icarus las and the frag/krakstorm missile?

Thanks BoLS fans

Denzark
04-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Controlled from inside the bunker in which they are on - unless you are using stronghold assault rules and pay the pojnts to have them remoted to the tower.

Haighus
04-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Don't they still have the automatic fire rule though? If you don't crew them I thought they still fired at the nearest target at BS2. Which is fine for the missiles, but a bit crappy for the interceptor lascannon.

Denzark
04-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Yep emplaced weapon. I read the question to mean does someone have to stand next to them.

TauBoss
04-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Controlled from inside the bunker in which they are on - unless you are using stronghold assault rules and pay the pojnts to have them remoted to the tower.

I only have the big rule book. But the list is for Throne of Skulls so I may need to invest in the stronghold assault book. Luckly its by birthday on tuesday :-)

It would be nice not to have to pay for two models to fire the weapons. And having the krakstorm controlled at bs2 would be ace.

Thanks guys.

Gleipnir
04-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Nice thing about the SA fortress of redemption is that the medium building tower with remote fire can be used for firing all the emplaced weapons(lacsannon, missile silo and 4 heavy bolters standard options, which puts you in a portion of the building that lacks fire points for units within to be hit with assaulting grenades or template weapons, yes you have to pay for searchlights you had free previously as one of the buildings options, but they also fixed the lascannon to reflect that it is twin-linked. and you could add Void Shields to all 4 portions of the building if you choose.

TauBoss
04-30-2014, 04:12 AM
Nice thing about the SA fortress of redemption is that the medium building tower with remote fire can be used for firing all the emplaced weapons(lacsannon, missile silo and 4 heavy bolters standard options, which puts you in a portion of the building that lacks fire points for units within to be hit with assaulting grenades or template weapons, yes you have to pay for searchlights you had free previously as one of the buildings options, but they also fixed the lascannon to reflect that it is twin-linked. and you could add Void Shields to all 4 portions of the building if you choose.

That's amazing thank you, just waiting for my Stronghold book to arrive then ill read up on it.

I am play testing my army at the start of may, so ill re post how I get on with my new void shields :-)

Thanks again

John Bower
04-30-2014, 01:17 PM

How do you mean they 'fixed' the lascannon? It was always twin linked even in the BRB.

Gleipnir
04-30-2014, 02:33 PM
The model always depicted a 2 barrel lascannon yes, but the rules in the BRB listed the weapon profile as a standard Icarus Lascannon on its fortification page entry, the same as came with a Bastion, the new Stronghold Assault rules pages for it changed the weapon entry to reflect that is is Twin-Linked in the actual weapon entries, rather than list the Icasrus Lascannon without Twin linked in the profile, and describing it as a twin linked lascannon in the weapon sentence blurb without a corresponding weapon profile entry.

So yes it was more of a cosmetic change to fit with what they usually do for weapon profiles, than a change to actual rules.

John Bower
05-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Dam, I must have missed that; I always played it as t/l because that's what I was used to. And nobody I know played it any different. Back when it came out for Planetstrike it was twin linked and I've always played it that way

edit: I was right too I'm going to quote p117 Weapons entry verbatim:

Weapons One bunker annex has an emplaced missile silo with fragstorm missiles and the other bunker annex has an emplaced Twin linked Icarus Lascannon