PDA

View Full Version : Infinifty 3rd Edition Teaser

Bigred
04-27-2014, 11:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQIKpcKs40

Chronowraith
04-27-2014, 11:57 AM
*Blinks*

Is there some industry training camp where all the game companies go to learn how to make pointless and useless teaser videos?

I'm glad that Infinity is getting revamped, it certainly needs some better translations, but I'm curious if this is more of a recompilation/tweaking of existing rules or if they will overhaul and/or expand the rules out further.

Joan Recasens Garriga
04-27-2014, 01:45 PM
*Blinks*

Is there some industry training camp where all the game companies go to learn how to make pointless and useless teaser videos?

I'm glad that Infinity is getting revamped, it certainly needs some better translations, but I'm curious if this is more of a recompilation/tweaking of existing rules or if they will overhaul and/or expand the rules out further.

It's been said that it's not going to be small tweaks, that major features like leutenant loss and ranges are going to be changed.

Quaade
04-27-2014, 03:08 PM
*Blinks*

What we know so far is that rules for shotguns, Loss of Lt. and Retreat are going to be changed. We expect more information the closer we get to GenCon.

Chronowraith
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM
That doesn't surprise me. I've always thought that Shotguns worked very counter-intuitively. Loss of Lieutenant is far too much of a penalty. If someone snipes your Lt in the first turn then it can be pretty hard to recover without running Irregular or Religious Heavy. Definitely curious to see how "Retreat!" will change. It seems to work okay now but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what CB throws at us when 3rd edition comes out.

My biggest hope? That they spend more time and effort of the translation and on proofing the translation.

Levitas
04-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm excited. Not sure its totally needed, but hay. bring it on and have my money.

energongoodie
04-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Right now I can't get enough Infinity so I'm well up for this!
I'm hoping we get some details soon :)

kuffdaddy
07-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Ok So 3rd ed is coming out... great is there any point to buying the old rule books. I really like the fluff so if there is fluff in the old ones i would probably still buy them but if the just retell the same story over and over why waste time and money little help please

Chronowraith
07-11-2014, 05:16 PM
You don't need to buy the old rulebooks unless you want the fluff. All of the rules are available on the Infinity website located here (http://www.infinitythegame.com/).

If you like the fluff and already own the current books, CB has already stated that the fluff will not change.

Kirsten
07-11-2014, 05:20 PM
presumably the new boxed set will be third edition then

Chronowraith
07-11-2014, 08:41 PM
That's the rumor. If I remember correctly the rulebook has a big N3 on the cover which is the emblem for 3rd edition.