PDA

View Full Version : AM Tank Commander & Abandoning Squadron-Mates

Turner
04-26-2014, 09:13 AM
If one of my squadron members suffers an 'Immobilised' result is my Tank Commander allowed to 'abandon' it? (Have the rest of the squadron move out of unit coherency and treat the Immobilised tank as a separate unit)

The Astra Militarum book says "A Tank Commander and his Leman Russ Squadron count as an HQ choice for the entire of the battle. The Tank Commander's Leman Russ cannot leave the unit or join another unit, even if the rest of his squadron are destroyed."

Nabterayl
04-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Strictly speaking I think that's pretty clear (i.e., no, you can't abandon the squadron-mate), but I'd be inclined to make an exception for that sort of situation.

Gleipnir
04-26-2014, 10:41 AM
The rules for vehicle squadron behavior wouldn't change, so the option of abandoning a squadron vehicle that is no longer able to remain in coherency is possible, but you have to weigh that against the fact that you also will no longer be permitted to issue orders to that tank or include in back in your squadron even if you were to later return to what would normally be unit coherency with it after having previously abandoned it.

Denzark
04-26-2014, 11:17 AM
I think it is designed to prevent you attaching to another tank unit , as opposed to making the most expert tank commander in your force be hobbled by a rule that everyone else has got over.

Tynskel
04-27-2014, 07:38 AM
cf.
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?21435-Tynskel-s-Guide-to-Interpreting-Rules&p=194151&viewfull=1#post194151

Nabterayl
04-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Argh, preempted!

Tynskel
04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Argh, preempted!

;)