PDA

View Full Version : 1850 close to optimise IG list, need thoughts on pulling out a bit more of the fat.

Flammenwerfer13
04-25-2014, 05:13 PM
So this is the list I've been kicking around I think I'm coming close to building it! First off after the Vendetta took to much of a nerf bat to the chin it really lost a lot of it's usefulness (really expect them to all but disappear from IG lists). I've got 5 sources of Divination now

HQ:
CCS w/ Officer of the Fleet 80
3x Primis Pyskers 150
Ministorum Priest 25

Troops:
Platoon 1
PCS, 4x Flamers in a Chimera with hullmounted Heavy Flamer 115
Infantry Squads 1, Flamer & Power Axe 70
Infantry Squads 2, Flamer & Power Axe 70
Infantry Squads 3, Flamer & Power Axe 70
Platoon 2
PCS, 4x Flamers in a Chimera with hullmounted Heavy Flamer 115
Infantry Squads 1, Grenade Launcher & Autocannon 65
Infantry Squads 2, Grenade Launcher & Autocannon 65
Heavy Weapons Team 1, 3x Lascannons 105
Heavy Weapons Team 2, 3x Lascannons 105
Heavy Weapons Team 3, 3x Autocannons 75

Heavy Support
Manticore with hullmounted Heavy Flamer 170
Manticore with hullmounted Heavy Flamer 170
2x Wyverns with hullmounted Heavy Flamer 130

Inquisitor Xenos with ML1, Rad, Psytroke Grenades and 3x Servo Skulls 94
Inquisitor Malleus with ML1, Psycannon with Psy bolt ammo 75

Aegis Defense Line with Quad Cannon 100

This list is fairly straight forward, Xenos Inquisitor and Priest with the assault Blob Squad with the PCS's in Chimeras acting as a mobile counter-assault unit that issue FRSRF to the blob or cause pinning with their flamers. The Malleus Inquisitor with the other blob squad and the Primis with each of the HWT's to give them LD9 for orders and Divination.

Katharon
04-25-2014, 06:32 PM
I see where you're going with the whole blob squad and Ministorum Priest, but I personally wouldn't use that many power weapons for a squad like them...but that's just me. If you feel you need that extra 6 attacks with AP2, then stick with it.

In your second platoon, I'd get rid of the PCS chimera transport and drop the autocannons from the Infantry Squads in order to buy another Heavy Weapon Squad. That way your two grenade launcher-totting infantry squads and the PCS can act as a 2nd line of defense to tie up any enemy units that get past your priest's blob. Also, it will give you a bit more long-range firepower in the 48" zone.

Harley
04-28-2014, 10:53 PM
4 flamers in a Chimera are a waste as only 2 can shoot out from the top. Stick this squad in a Valk/Vend instead.

You also cannot take psybolt ammo on a psycannon, it already has it. You can only take a Psycannon with Terminator armor, which makes them much more expensive, your points values are incorrect. Malleus Inquis in Termi armor with Psycannon and Mastery 1 is 110 points.