PDA

View Full Version : Krios, Tech-Thralls, and a Contemptor Chainfist.

Mr Mystery
04-25-2014, 02:48 AM
All up for pre-order folkydokes!

Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank - £68.00 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MECHANICUM_KRIOS_BATTLE_TANK.html)

The Krios Battle Tank is a vehicle of arcane and ancient design that fulfils a tactical role within Mechanicum armies similar to that of the Predator tank more widely used by other forces of the Imperium. Its durability is provided by interlocking defensive energy fields, rather than physical armour, lending it a deceptively skeletal appearance.

The most common armament mounted upon the Krios is the lightning cannon. This configuration takes advantage of the tank’s powerful on-board reactor’s vast energy capacity to create a laser-path guided electromagnetic beam, able to vaporise flesh and rupture heavy armour with ease.

The Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank is a multi-part resin kit, designed by Stuart Williamson, and is available to pre-order now for despatch on Thursday 1st May.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Krios2.jpg

Tech-Thralls with Mitra-Locks £25.00 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TECH-THRALLS_WITH_MITRA-LOCKS.html)

Tech-thralls are created by the Mechanicum through basic augmetics and cranial surgery as the need for them arises and, in the case of the Legio Cybernetica, the use of captured prisoners and criminals requisitioned from local authorities is common.

Considered a lower order of being than most servitors by their masters, the ultimate fate of most tech-thralls is to end their lives recycled into servitor components and their implants harvested for use in future thralls as their bodies fail under the relentless toil to which they are subjected.

In times of war Tech-thralls are formed into expendable units called Adsecularis and armed with basic weapon systems such as the mitra-lock, a compact multi-chambered variant of the las-lock, designed to discharge a simultaneous volley of las pulses in a fan effect.

The Mechanicum Tech-thralls with Mitra-locks are a multi-part resin kit comprising five models armed with mitra-locks. Designed by Mark Bedford this kit is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Thursday the 1st May.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/thralls-mitra1.jpg

Contemptor Chainfist - £8.50 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CONTEMPTOR_CHAINFIST.html)

Contemptor Dreadnoughts can be armed for a variety of differing battlefield roles. Sometimes they are tasked with spearheading assaults against enemies in fortified positions. In these circumstances the chainfist is a formidable tool for breaching bulkhead doors and cutting a path through the armoured hulls of tanks.

The Contemptor Chainfist, designed by Will Hayes, is a multi-part resin weapon arm for our range of Contemptor dreadnought bodies. The arm includes a meltagun and graviton gun options as secondary weapons.

This kit is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Thursday 1st May.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/contemptor-chainfist.jpg

energongoodie
04-25-2014, 04:01 AM
I still can't make my mind up about that tank but the Tech Thralls are really up my Straße.

I think it's gonna be hard not to start a full on mechanicum army!

Mr Mystery
04-25-2014, 04:13 AM
Ditto on all counts.

Though I reckon if I could leave the large external wheel thing off, I'd be a lot happier. Just looks like the despised Steam Punk COG OF LACK OF NECESSITY!

MajorWesJanson
04-25-2014, 06:35 AM
Ditto on all counts.

Though I reckon if I could leave the large external wheel thing off, I'd be a lot happier. Just looks like the despised Steam Punk COG OF LACK OF NECESSITY!

Actually, seing the Knight Lancer with the wireframe shield, perhaps that "unnecessary cog" is the shield generator that protects it?

Mr Mystery
04-25-2014, 07:06 AM
It's entirely possible.

Though it may also be integral to the model, as it may be securing the gun to the chassis, and allowing the pivot.

If it is, not so bad. If not, I'd likely leave it off!

Tyrendian
04-25-2014, 08:07 AM
that Chainfist! my first thought literally was "Apothecary Contemptor"! nice :)

Mr Mystery
04-25-2014, 08:37 AM
I was thinking 'glad he's not a proctologist'.

Brakkart
04-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Nice to see a new arm for the Contemptors, here's hoping they get around to doing the still missing Heavy Flamer arm option. Also considering how popular the conversion is, an arm with a giant sword option (like the sword from the Dreadknight which I've seen used on many conversions) would be cool to have.

Mr Mystery
04-25-2014, 09:30 AM
I wanna use Tech-Thralls as Borgalikes in Necromunda.

If you're captured, you're converted. Perhaps based in some long forgotten, crashed Ad Mech ship thing. And just following orders. Ish.

Horncastle
04-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Nice to see a new arm for the Contemptors, here's hoping they get around to doing the still missing Heavy Flamer arm option. Also considering how popular the conversion is, an arm with a giant sword option (like the sword from the Dreadknight which I've seen used on many conversions) would be cool to have.

I agree. I did the Dreadknight sword conversion and while it looks nice I can only imagine how good one done specifically for the Contemptor would be.

YorkNecromancer
04-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Just looks like the despised Steam Punk COG OF LACK OF NECESSITY!

1.) Someone's already mentioned that it could be a shield generator.
2.) Those unnecessary cogs are always justified with the AdMech, because the AdMech firmly believe it should be there; as far as they know, that pointless cog is completely essential. From an AdMech's point of view, all the cogs are necessary, especially the ones that seem to do nothing, because the STC blueprints can't be corrupted, can they? Removing that cog would be heresy...

As a side note, my partner did a PhD in electronic engineering and bio-inspired design. One group of researchers in the US had used evolutionary-based methodologies to 'evolve' a computer chip. It was smaller and more efficient than other similar chip on the market, but had lots of weird little protrusions that went nowhere; they were seemingly unnecessary. As a result, the researchers removed them. The chips stopped working. This is because the chips were not designed - they had simply evolved, and as a result, took advantage of still-unresearched factors within the nature of the silicon itself that human design cannot, at present, duplicate. At that point (2005) no-one had a clue why the chips worked, only that they did.

Obviously not really relevant with giant cogs, but fascinating nonetheless.

As a side note, that Contemptor chainfist looks dreadful. Just dreadful.