PDA

View Full Version : Eldar craftworld WYSIWYG

Mananarepublic
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to check in what is normal WYSIWYG rules for eldar craftworlds - do you normally require to have models painted in specific craftworld colors to use their rules?

/M

Lerra
01-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Generally, no. Some people prefer if you follow the official color scheme, but personally I don't mind. At tournaments, it doesn't matter what colors you choose for your army as long as it's painted.

Aldramelech
01-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Goodbye

Bard of Twilight
01-06-2010, 04:21 PM
These initials stand for...?

Aldramelech
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Goodbye

Denzark
01-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Don't think there is specific rules for differing Craftworlds anymore either.

Culven
01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to check in what is normal WYSIWYG rules for eldar craftworlds - do you normally require to have models painted in specific craftworld colors to use their rules?
There are no craftworld-specific rules. Additionally, model colour has no effect upon which rules one may use.

Mananarepublic
01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
There are no craftworld-specific rules. Additionally, model colour has no effect upon which rules one may use.

Got it! I haven't gotten the codex yet but I figured it was as with SM - with chapter specific characters (since two of them have craftworld names in their name).

Used to play eldar using the WD rules so I guess I need to update myself a bit :-)

Thank you all for your quick answers!

/M

lobster-overlord
01-06-2010, 07:25 PM

So, when running orks, if I use another color, I can use the "red makes it go faster " rules? Making Blue my "counts as" red?

I'm kidding about this of course. I think Ork players are the only ones that stick with a particular color to represent any one thing in particular, and that's just cause it's literally spelled out. I've seen every army in every color, but Orks are the only one army I've seen stick with a particular color scheme (greenskin and red is red is red.)

John M.

DarkLink
01-06-2010, 07:41 PM
WYSIWYG is a rule. Craftworld color schemes are fluff issues. Rules and fluff don't affect one another. So no worries here.

Duke
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I hope that the next eldar codex makes allowances for having "different" craftworlds.

Duke

BuFFo
01-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to check in what is normal WYSIWYG rules for eldar craftworlds...

There is no such thing.

Paint your models as you wish.

Sangre
01-07-2010, 12:55 AM
So, when running orks, if I use another color, I can use the "red makes it go faster " rules? Making Blue my "counts as" red?

I'm kidding about this of course. I think Ork players are the only ones that stick with a particular color to represent any one thing in particular, and that's just cause it's literally spelled out. I've seen every army in every color, but Orks are the only one army I've seen stick with a particular color scheme (greenskin and red is red is red.)

John M.

This is an interesting point. Can you claim a Red Paint Job under a different colour and still collect?

Lerra
01-07-2010, 01:36 AM
As long as all vehicles took the upgrade, I wouldn't mind counts-as red - Although I wouldn't want to deal with "This blue vehicle counts as red. This blue vehicle does not."

Same things goes for red vehicles without the upgrade. I'm not going to make someone repaint a vehicle because they aren't taking the upgrade for all games, as long as it's clear. Maybe vehicles with a flag have the red-paint upgrade and vehicles without a flag do not. That would work well.

Sangre
01-07-2010, 02:25 AM
I'd like to think that a Red Paint Job could be represented by the kind of crap that idiots put on their cars, like flame decals, stripes and spoilers. Illuminated door sills!

Cryl
01-07-2010, 02:33 AM
I'd like to think that a Red Paint Job could be represented by the kind of crap that idiots put on their cars, like flame decals, stripes and spoilers. Illuminated door sills!

I now want to see a Cult of Speed army with those rediculous neon blue undercar lights installed on all the trucks... Cult of Chav maybe?

Sangre
01-07-2010, 02:37 AM
I now want to see a Cult of Speed army with those rediculous neon blue undercar lights installed on all the trucks... Cult of Chav maybe?

It's the famous Ork clan, the Deff Pikeys!

Denzark
01-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Fighting a waaaaggh to use all the car parks in the Imperial System of Sainsbury VIII...