PDA

View Full Version : Dreadball base sizes?

Lord Tothe
04-23-2014, 12:28 AM
What is the hex base size for Dreadball, and how are you measuring it? Vertex to vertex, or edge to edge? I want to add a proper hex base to this collection I am drawing: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:307777

Why, you ask? Because I can, mostly. And I can't be the only Crazy Box owner without bases for stuff. I plan to buy a set of 25mm round bases, but some of the others where I only need a couple in each size make this a better option.

Unless noted otherwise due to being derived from another Thing, anything I post on Thingiverse is Creative Commons, Attribution-Only. Feel free to download, print it, alter it, sell it, whatever.

John Bower
09-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Do you have the box set with the playing board in? If so the hexes fit exactly into those if that's any help.

chromedog
11-14-2014, 03:33 AM
My small team - corporation - (Novacastrian Stealers - they were an "industrial town" team, but after the corps pulled the manufacturing hubs out, they became looters instead) are on 25mm hexes. This is measured from side to side. 16mm to a side, with a 32mm vertex to vertex measurement (otherwise identical in size to some old GW hex slotta bases I have.

They have hex bases as it's easy to work out their threat zones/tackle zone things with a hex than a circle. Also facing.

40k doesn't really use facing on infantry model. so it's more or less fine to use the round bases for them. Fantasy does, for example (90* front) and that's why they use SQUARE bases.