PDA

View Full Version : HH IV: Conquest

Sevatar
04-21-2014, 08:12 PM
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/AlternativeBL/xlarge/timetable.jpg

then there's these seminars:

After Isstvan: "Not all the Legions emerged from the Dropsite Massacre quite as they entered it. What is next for the Iron Hands, Salamanders, Night Lords, and Alpha Legion?"

Shattered Legions: "The guerrilla War against the traitors has begun! The seminar focuses on the mysterious organization that almost changed the face of the Imperium forever."

Mr.Pickelz
04-21-2014, 08:33 PM
No Prospero?? come on... Give us the Space Wolves v. Thousand Sons!
:( :( :(

Bigred
04-21-2014, 10:04 PM

Aside from the name, they don't give anything away regarding HH:4

It could be the conquest of Prospero, or Calth...

Sevatar
04-21-2014, 10:08 PM
IIRC Prospero is called HH: inferno. Could have been a name change, but prosper wasn't much of a conquest hehe.

My vote goes to signus. They don't have to do any new lists (the purported reason that inferno might not be the next book anymore) and technically the Blood Angels were doing a conquest?

Could just as easily be calth though.

Tyrendian
04-22-2014, 01:43 AM
neither of those would be named Conquest I think... maybe that one Knight world that's mentioned in Codex:Knights that was right in the way of the traitors? that would qualify as a Conquest... very very wild guess tho :)

Psychosplodge
04-22-2014, 04:01 AM
They told us what it was going to be at GD, but I can't remember what they said. Anyone else go to the FW seminar?

DrLove42
04-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Last years Heresy weekender said biok 4 was Prospero, then Signus then Calth. But at this years FW open day it was said that Signus was next, as Prospero was delayed to improve Sisters of Silence amd Custodes.

Conquest sounds decidely non Signus, nor does it sound Calthy.

Signus could be good as its only 2 new legions (both the angels apparantly). Calth would be Word Bearers and Ultras. Ultras are a big deal, and it would introduce Imperial Army as well.

Guess well find out in 4 weeks time....

Brother Garrod
04-22-2014, 09:09 AM
The idea of more night lords pleases me

phil035
04-22-2014, 09:22 AM
well thinking about it there was no real conquest might just be a project title(to throw people off) though it does fit with the other 3. this has me wondering and now my brain hurts T-T. why do this to me Red why. makes me sad as just missed out on going this year..... again T-T

Vlad78
04-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Aaron Dembsky-Bowden involved in the 'Conquest' presentation? Thorpe and Wraight?

It's Calth and the war waged against the ultramar realm of 500 worlds by the world eaters and the word bearers IMHO.

+ the skirmishes between Dark angels, night lords and the fate of white scars during that time confronted with the alpha legion. (salt of course)

nperkins
04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
i'd love the Thramas crusade to get some mention. i could see that going into the calth book as SPOLIERS something happens. personally i'd love to get something extra for my nightlords

Thornblood
04-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Ok, so Gav Thorpe's involvement screams two things to me- Dark Angels or Raven Guard, as he is the kingpin of both chapters in terms of black library fluff. Certainly the Dark Angels proceeded to conquer after the Istvaan campaign.

Alpha Legion however could be added into any era...

A conquest from Johnson's point of view could be good, maybe the thing where he gets the ouroboros engine and the watchers in the dark as a prize. I think that was against death guard ed by Typhus and Iron Hands (not led by Manus, but other marines). Three way fight could be good, plus Jonson also captures Curze, so maybe some Night Lords would go in that book well?

Pure speculation

Blood Angel
04-22-2014, 09:39 PM
HHIV? Sounds like a new strain. I'd get to the doctor quick.

The Sovereign
04-22-2014, 09:44 PM
No Prospero = no bueno.

Mr.Pickelz
04-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Leman Russ with his Wolves facing down Magnus and his spell casting would be an awesome diorama-base setup, like Ferrus v. Fulgrim.

Bigred
04-23-2014, 01:08 AM
For me, the real issue is to continue the pace of knocking out the legions so FW can make new cool minis and the fans have rules.

So far we are missing rules for:

Dark Angels
White Scars
Thousand Sons
Ultramarines
Space Wolves
Blood Angels

Discounting TSons/Wolves for use in the Prospero book, I would expect them to cover at least two of the remaining four legions. The big problem of course is the remaining legions are 5 loyalist and 1 traitor, so i assume any kind of balanced books will either have to re-cover existing legions we already have rules for, or add new forces like Imperial Army, Mechanicus, etc...

Brakkart
04-23-2014, 04:28 AM
i assume any kind of balanced books will either have to re-cover existing legions we already have rules for, or add new forces like Imperial Army, Mechanicus, etc...

There's also the option of covering the loyalist elements of the Traitor Legions that remain, such as Garro and his squad of proto-Grey Knights and also my favourite character: Dantioch the genius loyalist Iron Warrior Warsmith. He'd fit well into an Ultramarines centric book as it was an Ultramarine that warned him of his Primarch (and Legion) having turned traitor and once he'd spent a year slowing the Traitor advance on Terra, he then went to Ultramar and is seen in Unremembered Empire tinkering with ancient tech.

As for re-covering the existing legions, there is the matter of the apotheosis of a couple Primarch's thus far in the books, as both Angron and Fulgrim are now Daemon Primarchs.

Christopher Chestnut
04-23-2014, 05:43 AM
Last year at gamesday they told us that the next 3 books would be

Prospero
Signus
and then Calth

http://youtu.be/BkaIEYlUQA0?t=22m8s

So it looks like Conquest will be Prospero

Psychosplodge
04-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Leman Russ with his Wolves facing down Magnus and his spell casting would be an awesome diorama-base setup, like Ferrus v. Fulgrim.

Leman Russ and wolves will be the most expensive primach to date...

MajorWesJanson
04-23-2014, 08:40 AM
For me, the real issue is to continue the pace of knocking out the legions so FW can make new cool minis and the fans have rules.

So far we are missing rules for:

Dark Angels
White Scars
Thousand Sons
Ultramarines
Space Wolves
Blood Angels

Discounting TSons/Wolves for use in the Prospero book, I would expect them to cover at least two of the remaining four legions. The big problem of course is the remaining legions are 5 loyalist and 1 traitor, so i assume any kind of balanced books will either have to re-cover existing legions we already have rules for, or add new forces like Imperial Army, Mechanicus, etc...

Prospero would cover Space Wolves and Thousand Sons as legions, Sisters of Silence and Custodians as Imperial forces, and potentially Prosperine Spireguard and some daemons. They could also potentially add the events of Scars, which are somewhat connected to Magnus and Prospero, which would give us the White Scars and update for Alpha Legion.

Calth is obviously Ultramarines, with likely updated World Eaters and Word Bearers. Imperial army heavily hinted at as well. Daemon Prince Angron seems like a likely addition. If they follow up on Unremembered Empire, they could add in bits of Dark Angels, Salamanders, and Night Lords rather easily.

Signus is obviously Blood Angels and Daemons as the main focus, and adding the Thramas Crusade would cover the one remaining legion that does not fit easily in the other books- Dark Angels. It would also be a followup for the Night Lords.

Mechanicum could easily be drip-fed through the various books like they have been.

Prospero
Signus
and then Calth

Prospero is supposedly named Inferno, so it actually leaves that out as an option.

Mr.Pickelz
04-23-2014, 08:57 AM
"Leman Russ and wolves will be the most expensive primach to date... "

And I would back-hand Forgeworld with one dollar bills (USD) for that model(s)... Being that it most likely be around $100 to $120 USD, that is a lot of ones...

Psychosplodge
04-23-2014, 09:10 AM
But USD are tiny notes like monopoly money... :D

DrLove42
04-23-2014, 10:18 AM

Prospero
Signus
and then Calth

Well if you read the thread you'd know that it won't be Prospero cos at the FW Open Day this ear they said they were delaying Prospero to improve SoS and Custodes.

Also I don't know why people think ADB and Gav Thorpe are involved in book 4. They're in the second column signing books, not writing for FW. Learn to read before jumping to crazy conclusions people!

AnEnemy
04-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Cool. FW's saving me some money. I'm not buying any more of these books until SWs get their rules. Kind of annoyed that they went back on a schedule they've had in place for almost two years now just to improve two factions that amount to glorified allies, but oh well.

MajorWesJanson
04-23-2014, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=AnEnemy;414695]Cool. FW's saving me some money. I'm not buying any more of these books until SWs get their rules. Kind of annoyed that they went back on a schedule they've had in place for almost two years now just to improve two factions that amount to glorified allies, but oh well.

They are also trying to work out how to do Thousand Sons well, since they are so psyker heavy compared to the other legions.