PDA

View Full Version : Astra Militarum Supplemental Codices Coming

Bigred
04-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Warseer's StrykerSniper says: (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?393216-Astra-Militarum-Heroes-Return!&p=7132405&viewfull=1#post7132405)

Astra Militarum Heroes Return!
So, those of you who have purchased the new Codex: Astra Militarum will notice the loss of most of the old imperial guard officers, especially those without models, but some like al'Rahem, Chenkov, and even Marbo. Well, I've been told by a pretty darn reliable birdy that some supplements are in the works. I am not sure which ones will return, but I have been informed that something along the lines of codex: catachans is in the works. The big releases with these supplements is merely a rerelease of temporarily discontinued characters, but no new boxed sets. Oh, and aside from remaining legal due to forgeworld, don't look for a Medusa or bombard, not gonna happen.

Vaddok Sek
04-20-2014, 11:38 PM
With Orks coming up soon I would bet on Steel Legion.

Blood Shadow
04-21-2014, 02:06 AM
I can see a whole host of mini-dex and formations coming out for C:AM, not just Cadians, Catachans, Mordian etc, but also formations I'd expect a tank company, hellhound squadron, Basilisks etc....they could fill this year with guard alone!

energongoodie
04-21-2014, 02:10 AM
Genestealer cult tie in with limited guard options. PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! !!!!!!!!

Denzark
04-21-2014, 02:32 AM
Did anyone doubt it? But the truly interesting piece there is some 'remaining legal' and forgeworld. What does this mean?

Ezaviel
04-21-2014, 04:52 AM
Did anyone doubt it? But the truly interesting piece there is some 'remaining legal' and forgeworld. What does this mean?

It means what it says. That Medusas and Bombards may still be legal due to Imperial Armour and having Forgeworld models, but that GW has no plans to put them back in the main codex.

Wildcard
04-21-2014, 05:01 AM
With the joke of a codex Militarum Tempestus or w/e ew supplements need to be frigging awesome for me to even consider buying one..

Mr Mystery
04-21-2014, 05:07 AM
I welcome any and all variety in my chosen hobby.

Denzark
04-21-2014, 05:20 AM
It means what it says. That Medusas and Bombards may still be legal due to Imperial Armour and having Forgeworld models, but that GW has no plans to put them back in the main codex.

Ah I re-read makes sense now.

daboarder
04-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Man I hope its supplement Savlar Chem-dogs.

Catachan and the other regiments of renown are more than well enough covered already in the main codex.

And theres already tonnes of background information on them so more on the unknown savlar chem-dogs, would be good.

And the last guard codex was over powered anyway and you only ever saw overpowered lists run with it therefore it serves them right.

:rolleyes:

I think I hit all the bases with that one?

seriously though, I'd fully expect a catachan or vostroyan supplement, but I wouldnt expect many or any special characters in it. and certainly not new units

nenya97
04-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Oh yeah, Imperial Guard have been destroying tournaments this whole edition. They really deserved a nerf. Hope they never get another good book ever again /sarcasm

Sarcasm aside, I really wish that the Imperial armies had more access to their forge world units. Apart from the super-heavies, most units, armies, etc. are pretty well balanced (when they are up to date on rules) compared to other armies. And really,, I think the issue of too many books to read when you include forge world really no longer holds ground. Between all the supplements and the fact you can have 5 books in one army? What the hell am I playing?

The meta gamer in me is screaming, "finally, variation!" But the rules lawyer in me is lost and confused why I am locked away from playing my most favorite armies and units for what reason now? I have seen no reason, before, other than others do not know the rules of my army, and I did my best to be understanding. But now, we live in a world that is full of uncertainties about how you can construct an army. I just want to play my Armored Battalion.

Kernbanks
04-22-2014, 06:14 AM
I'd go for a Steel Legion, or other Mech/Armor supplement. The idea for a Chemdog 'dex would be amazing, but such a long shot... I'd really like to see something completely new, full up penal legion.

But my money is on something like Farsight... a couple formations a character or two, maybe an enhanced sentinel or other vehicle. Or a formation that combines a russ with a mech platoon (true combined arms). Assuming GW/FW keeps Krieg and Elysia updated...

William Lang
04-22-2014, 01:03 PM
So I'm guessing that everyone that bought the new AM codex is due a partial refund due to GW purposefully releasing an incomplete book and charging full price for it?

This Dave
04-22-2014, 01:27 PM
So I'm guessing that everyone that bought the new AM codex is due a partial refund due to GW purposefully releasing an incomplete book and charging full price for it?

What's incomplete about it?

William Lang
04-22-2014, 01:39 PM
What's incomplete about it?Would you care to place any bets on Marbo (just as an example of something purposefully removed from the codex) not returning in a paid DLC?

This Dave
04-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Would you care to place any bets on Marbo (just as an example of something purposefully removed from the codex) not returning in a paid DLC?

No, but since I never used him and probably never will it's kind of a non issue for me and probably for a lot of people. So the AM codex isn't incomplete because it left out some characters.

Gleipnir
04-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Marbo coming back in a supplemental codex to me just sounds like wishlisting sorry, unless they are going to change how they go about producing Codex Supplements you wont see new units added to them.

Dataslate maybe, but this rumor strikes me more of taking what would be the obvious possibility of a Catachan Supplement and tossing in as much extra maybes as can be believed from the internet echo chambers.

Herzlos
04-23-2014, 03:49 AM
No, but since I never used him and probably never will it's kind of a non issue for me and probably for a lot of people. So the AM codex isn't incomplete because it left out some characters.

I can't remember the last time I didn't field him. For the 45pts or whatever it was he seemed pretty handy with "He's Behind You" and the demo charge. If I go to the new codex I'm going to have to just use him as a Sergeant or something bland.

Mad Cat
04-23-2014, 06:11 AM
Marbo coming back in a supplemental codex to me just sounds like wishlisting sorry, unless they are going to change how they go about producing Codex Supplements you wont see new units added to them.

Dataslate maybe, but this rumor strikes me more of taking what would be the obvious possibility of a Catachan Supplement and tossing in as much extra maybes as can be believed from the internet echo chambers.

I agree. If you look at all the suplement codexes so far they are terribly sparse in actual content. Nice books, well illustrated, decent background etc. But in the end you get 1 rule (take chosen as troops even without abaddon, battlesuits as troops etc) a different warlord trait table and some new relic items. Very dissapointing.

Forgeworld may be willing to bring out true supplemental codexes for their Elysians, Kreig and possibly traitor guard but I doudt GW will do the same to the degree that players will want. The odd dataslate is far more likely.

Lord Asterion
04-23-2014, 06:19 AM
I agree. If you look at all the suplement codexes so far they are terribly sparse in actual content. Nice books, well illustrated, decent background etc. But in the end you get 1 rule (take chosen as troops even without abaddon, battlesuits as troops etc) a different warlord trait table and some new relic items. Very dissapointing.

Forgeworld may be willing to bring out true supplemental codexes for their Elysians, Kreig and possibly traitor guard but I doudt GW will do the same to the degree that players will want. The odd dataslate is far more likely.

Are stories and artwork not content?

DWest
04-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Are stories and artwork not content?
No, they really aren't, not when the Black Library produces actual novels with longer, deeper, and (usually) more engaging stories for 1/5 the price of a Supplemental, or the HH Artbooks which are ~50% more expensive than the Supplementals, but have 5x the pages, and better quality illustrations.