PDA

View Full Version : 1.5K Local GW Tournie IG List

Katharon
04-18-2014, 07:22 AM
So, I have a small tournament going on tomorrow at the local GW hobby store. Here is my list for the matches using the new Astra Militarum (hate that name) book.

HQ

Knight Commander Pask [530]
- Leman Russ Punisher w/ heavy bolter sponsons, camo netting, and smoke launchers
- HQ Leman Russ Squadron: 2 x LR Punishers w/ heavy bolters and camo nets

Primaris Psyker [75]
- Mastery Level 2 (Either telekinesis or Divination, or both)

TROOPS

2 x Veteran Squads [290]
- each w/ 3 x melta guns, Grenadiers, Forward Sentries, and Demolitions

ELITES

Ratling Sniper Squad [30]
- 3 x Ratlings

HEAVY SUPPORT

1st Leman Russ Squadron [185]
- Leman Russ Demolisher w/ camo net

2nd Leman Russ Squadron [150]
- Leman Russ Vanquisher w/ camo net

3rd Leman Russ Squadron [165]
- Leman Russ Battle Tank w/ camo net

TOTAL POINTS: 1,495

This Dave
04-18-2014, 01:36 PM
There are only two potential drawbacks I can see.

The first is lack of air defense. Though depending on what your opponents have this may not be a problem.

The second is your rather expensive and small units of Veterans. They don't have a lot of mobility so taking objectives might be tough and even with carapace armor and camo-cloaks they're they're rather fragile, especially if they get hit with a Flamer or two.

I seem to remember you dominating with a similar list before though so you probably don't need any advice. :)

Katharon
04-18-2014, 06:15 PM
I decided that since Pask can Rend with his Punisher, and most other Flyers are Armor 11, that his unit could handle that - even if they were required to do snap shots.

The Veterans are totally going to be staying in the background. I equipped them to basically handle anything that suddenly shows up in the backfield. But my main aim is to definitely just force the opponent to be too busy with my tanks to worry about my troops. Also, I know in advance that we'll be playing the 3rd mission from the book, "Big Guns Never Tire," so I kind of organized this to my advantage for the 2nd game.

Would that be considered tailoring? I'm not tailoring to my opponent but rather the mission...that's an interesting topic for another time I think.

Katharon
04-19-2014, 09:24 AM
And I won.

This Dave
04-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Grats!

greenknight
04-20-2014, 01:28 AM
So, I have a small tournament going on tomorrow at the local GW hobby store. Here is my list for the matches using the new Astra Militarum (hate that name) book.

HQ

Knight Commander Pask [530]
- Leman Russ Punisher w/ heavy bolter sponsons, camo netting, and smoke launchers
- HQ Leman Russ Squadron: 2 x LR Punishers w/ heavy bolters and camo nets

Primaris Psyker [75]
- Mastery Level 2 (Either telekinesis or Divination, or both)

TROOPS

2 x Veteran Squads [290]
- each w/ 3 x melta guns, Grenadiers, Forward Sentries, and Demolitions

ELITES

Ratling Sniper Squad [30]
- 3 x Ratlings

HEAVY SUPPORT

1st Leman Russ Squadron [185]
- Leman Russ Demolisher w/ camo net

2nd Leman Russ Squadron [150]
- Leman Russ Vanquisher w/ camo net

3rd Leman Russ Squadron [165]
- Leman Russ Battle Tank w/ camo net

TOTAL POINTS: 1,495

Your list is crap ratlings an demolishers ? are you serious?

Katharon
04-21-2014, 12:31 AM
I had 30 points left over and didn't need any other upgrades, so I got some infiltrating snipers. And obviously it's not crap, since I beat three players in a row and won a GW-store tournament.

Cartridge
04-21-2014, 10:37 AM
And I won.

Congratulations. Any chance you can give a review of how the list/match went?

Katharon
04-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Congratulations. Any chance you can give a review of how the list/match went?

Sure. I'll post that up when I get the chance.

TauBoss
04-30-2014, 06:54 AM
I had 30 points left over and didn't need any other upgrades, so I got some infiltrating snipers. And obviously it's not crap, since I beat three players in a row and won a GW-store tournament.

Well done mate on the GW kills, im working on a Throne of Skulls list for the May weekender. I can tell you for free that I would not like to meet your list (even with three riptides)