PDA

View Full Version : Dread Saurian on sale

eldargal
04-17-2014, 08:50 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Dreadsaurian2.jpg
£133 (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DREAD_SAURIAN.html)

Can't tell for sure but it looks like most of the bling is sitting on top of the lizard rather than being sculpted on:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/dread-saurian1.jpg

Mr Mystery
04-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Yes please!

angrybear
04-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Really dissapointed with this model. The artwork is amazing but this looks more like a giant rat.

eldargal
04-18-2014, 02:54 AM
Adding rats to list of things tabletop gamers have never seen but have heard vaguely described, along with dinobots, segways, women and man other things.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-18-2014, 07:06 AM
looks nice, seems the occasional large monster is all that can be expected of FW in relation to WHF these days...

Blaznak
04-18-2014, 07:15 AM
THIS... THIS is AWESOME. I need to loot one for use as a Squiggoth. I wonder the scale on it?

eldargal
04-18-2014, 07:20 AM
looks nice, seems the occasional large monster is all that can be expected of FW in relation to WHF these days...
Yep.:(

Scale:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/Dreadsaurian9.jpg

Mr Mystery
04-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Something is better than nothing.

But lots remains better than a bit.

eldargal
04-18-2014, 07:33 AM
The trouble with WHF is that it has gone backwards. They haven't released a book since Monstrous Arcanum and there is no prospect of them doing so and it was started with the promise of four campaign books plus MA style books. Releases have evaporated to around two a year and they are one off purchases like monsters, not exactly kits that are going to move in a high volume. There was so much promise and to see it all drain away in favour of monthly Marine releases is just depressing.

Wildeybeast
04-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Yep. Stupid Horus, ruining everything for everyone again.

eldargal
04-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Yep. Stupid Horus, ruining everything for everyone again.

Well it's not the existence of the HH series as such, it is the fact they promised it wouldn't interfere with WHF and Ia releases and both have basically been scaled back to virtually nothing for WHF and one book every 18 months at best for IA.

bfg100
04-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Could work with me kroot as great knarlocs

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-18-2014, 08:49 AM
The trouble with WHF is that it has gone backwards. They haven't released a book since Monstrous Arcanum and there is no prospect of them doing so and it was started with the promise of four campaign books plus MA style books. Releases have evaporated to around two a year and they are one off purchases like monsters, not exactly kits that are going to move in a high volume. There was so much promise and to see it all drain away in favour of monthly Marine releases is just depressing.

Maybe the HH stuff will ease down a bit once all of the legions/armies are established? allowing a bit more room for WHF and IA releases again.

eldargal
04-18-2014, 08:51 AM
I hope so. I mean I love the HH books and I'm really looking forward to seeing Thousand Sons, Ultramarines and Sisters of Silence but we were promised it wouldn't come at the cost of the existing lines and it has and that irritates me.:(

Rob-O
04-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Picked one up at salute in london the other day.

:eek:HUUGGE!:eek: 14 inches nose to tail

Lucidum
04-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Honestly i both love and hate this sculpt….I have a serious thing for Dinosaurs, i mean, I go fossil hunting in my spare time and have studied paleontology (so….basically i’m a nerd). And while i LOVE the concept of a giant dino even bigger than a Carnosaur for Lizardmen, this thing…..DOES kind of look like a scaly rat. The tail is too spindly and thin and the snout is rather rodent-like. I may buy one and convert it, but I’m hoping someone at GW takes a look at the old Lustria book and decides the conversion for the Engine of the Gods would make a good kit.

(Granted….still kinda suffers from “thin rat tail syndrome” but it looks much more like a dinosaur)

angrybear
04-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Honestly i both love and hate this sculpt….I have a serious thing for Dinosaurs, i mean, I go fossil hunting in my spare time and have studied paleontology (so….basically i’m a nerd). And while i LOVE the concept of a giant dino even bigger than a Carnosaur for Lizardmen, this thing…..DOES kind of look like a scaly rat. The tail is too spindly and thin and the snout is rather rodent-like. I may buy one and convert it, but I’m hoping someone at GW takes a look at the old Lustria book and decides the conversion for the Engine of the Gods would make a good kit.

(Granted….still kinda suffers from “thin rat tail syndrome” but it looks much more like a dinosaur)

Glad I am not the only one who sees the resemblence with a giant rat (yes I have seen rats in rl Eldergal;)).

White Tiger88
04-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Glad I am not the only one who sees the resemblence with a giant rat (yes I have seen rats in rl Eldergal;)).

All fear the mighty Ratigator?

angrybear
04-19-2014, 03:25 AM
All fear the mighty Ratigator?

lol:p I think part of the problem for me with this model is the lack of uniformity. The tail looks like a rat tail. The body is really small and the big spikes make it even smaller (love the idea of big spikes but it doesn't work for me on this model). And the head looks like a T-rex which would be awesome if it the model had the form of a T-rex....