PDA

View Full Version : Superheavy Owner's Club

ElectricPaladin
04-16-2014, 01:47 PM
As the proud owner (and soon to be actual holder... damn you, UPS, why haven't you invented teleportation yet?) of a fellglaive superheavy special weapons tank, I thought it might be fun to open a thread for the owners of superheavies of all kinds to chime in and discuss the unique opportunities and challenges of these delicious and vicious models. What's it like to paint one of these bad boys? What sorts of conversions and kit-bashes have you applied to the super-heavies in your possession? What is your experience with putting superheavies on the table, both in Apocalypse and Escalation?

Knight owners may as well chime in, too. :p

Rissan4ever
04-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I've had a Baneblade since February, but I've yet to finish painting it. The thing about painting these beasts is, obviously, their immense size. There's so much detail and so much area to cover that it takes quite a while. And you want to be careful, because with regular-sized models, if the color choice is a bit off, or if you make some mistakes here and there, nobody's likely to notice. But, with a gigantic superheavy, those mistakes stand out.

Crydon Games
04-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Painting them is not bad, an airbrush makes it a bit easier. Just take your time and enjoy painting the details. Playing them is a blast. It adds new dynamics to every game. Some opponents give them to much respect and avoid them, and some waste a whole game trying to down them. I own 3 Baneblade chassis, a valdor, and 2 knights currently. I have also owned 5 additional baneblade chassis, 2 warhounds (1FW and 1 armorcast) a reaver and scratch built warlord (40" tall). Oh and I own a stompa.

In any case, I love superheavies. I love playing apocalypse, i have not actually played escalation, but know I would love it, and I will very soon be playing a knights only list almost exclusively as it is the 40k list I have always wanted. (1500pts, 4 knights) I tried nidzilla for a while, but it is just not the same as big stompy robots and tanks...

Pssyche
04-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Two Revenant Titans, one of each Weapon loadout.,
One Cobra Super Heavy Grav Tank.
One Scorpion Super Heavy Grav Tank.
Two Lynx Super Heavy Grav Tanks, one of each loadout.

I've no space at home for the Phantom Titan or the two Vampire Super Heavy Flyers.
Nor do I have transportation for them, if I did otherwise I'd have the set.

My first Super Heavy was the Sonic Lance Revenant Titan you can see as my Avatar.
It's called "Angel of Vengeance".
I suggest you name your Super Heavies, I think it adds character.

I love playing Apocalypse and have done since my first battle, in which incidentally I didn't field a single Super Heavy but still mustered 4,000 Points of painted and based Eldar.
That was pretty much all I had at that time.

Now I've got around 20,000 Points many of which will see a lot of action this coming weekend in a big Easter Apocalypse Battle.
Last year I fielded 16,000 Points out of the 70,000 Points involved.

What's not to like?

Rissan4ever
04-16-2014, 02:43 PM
How do you transport your super heavies? Besides "very carefully." Any recommendations on a particular type of case or what have you?

ElectricPaladin
04-16-2014, 02:46 PM

My current plan is to name my glaive "Chalice of Mercy."

I picture it being piloted by chapter serfs - my Knights of Blood are crazed berserkers and can't be trusted to pilot tanks - which has led to the moment where the tank commander asks his crew "what will we do if the heretics try to surrender?"

And the pilot quips in reply "we aren't barbarians - we'll show them Mercy, of course."

Rissan4ever
04-16-2014, 02:58 PM
My Baneblade is named "Duchess" and it's commanded by Lt. Sterling Archer. The barrel will feature an arrow pointing in the direction of fire, with the words DANGER ZONE.

interrogator_chaplain
04-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I've got a Stormblade Superheavy that's spent a year partially assembled, I'll get to it soon... after some.. point. Right now I'm working on my Knight which will be ready for next Friday, and somehow I need to get a Rhino done between now and then, and an Apothecary... (Crap.)

The Stormblade is going to get a red and bone paint job after I figure out how to put the track assembly together. It's name has been chosen and it shall be named: Juggernaut.

Arkhan Land
04-16-2014, 03:24 PM
I have a knight titan, thunderhawk, baneblade and a shadowsword. The details on bigger models are often, well bigger, a lot easier to paint and the larger surfaces allow you to really dry brush in some variation. with the exception of the knight titan all of those are Armorcast/FW Kits that I got second hand (and thankfully at that, dirt cheap).

When fielding these dudes I like to typically always shoot for my opponents super heavy first (especially If im the one who has to shoot first), and continue to do so till it or mine is annihilated, or... if he opens fire first on other units Ill consider the same activity acceptable.

Pssyche
04-16-2014, 03:27 PM
How do you transport your super heavies? Besides "very carefully." Any recommendations on a particular type of case or what have you?

KR Multicase.
I cannot reccomend them enough.
They do custom cut foam specifically shaped for models, both large and small.

If you're gonna spend a small fortune on a resin kit, you're surely not gonna cheapskate out with an old T-shirt and a battered cardboard box.

Power Klawz
04-16-2014, 04:07 PM
I've got a plastic stompa that I assembled a few years back and haven't got around to painting yet. I figure I'll pull it out of the closet when 6th edition orks hit and I go into a hobby frenzy.

Vangrail
04-16-2014, 05:03 PM
I own a warhound titan with turbo laster and plasma. A shadowsword and most recent addition of my knight titan. All in theme of the sons of medusa!

Tomgar
04-16-2014, 05:23 PM

I have a mate who carries his two Stompas around in a supermarket bag for life :D

As far as my own Superheavies go, I'm just sitting on a Knight Errant for now but I'm saving for a Fellblade to help my Dark Angels pummel traitors into goo. Might sell a kidney and a lung to get a Titan for my Dark Eldar too...

Tyrendian
04-16-2014, 06:01 PM
the rather obvious Knight, which I promptly named Tyrendian, Hand of Light (the latter inspired by the motive from the Eldar transfer sheet put onto checkered dark blue and black ground as his personal heraldry)

and an unnamed Revenant Titan with Pulsars, which has quite the history before I was able to finish it (with broken parts, "forgotten" orders and the whole lot... jeez what an odyssey that was...) and is sadly hardly ever fielded because the dirty D it slaps people over the head with just saps too much fun out of normal games, and we hardly ever find the time to play Apoc :(

lobster-overlord
04-16-2014, 08:05 PM
I have a couple.

I picked up a baneblade when they came out in plastic.

I just got a Malcador (don't know the stats, are they a superheavy?)

and I have a Lionfish. I know what you're thinking, "John, WTF is a Lionfish?" Well, I'll tell you. A Lionfish is a Tau superheavy tank that I built back in the days of the old Chapter Approved vehicle design rules. By those rules it's 615 points, so I've stuck withthat, even with the rules changes around larger vehicles.

It's a kitbash of a Star Wars trade federation AAT tank and a Tau Hammerhead. It has two burst cannons, the rail gun, an ion cannon and a superheavy version of the standard blast rifle. It has spots for 6 drones, can be missle systems or gun drones. 4 seeker missles and the transport capacity is a full warrior, full pathfinder, full kroot or a unit of 3 crisis suits w/ drones. It's a drop ship, so it can deep strike, ala BA Land Raider style.

The very first game with the Lion fish was a tank battle. 10 total IG and SM tanks against it. They were fully loaded out with tons of options. My friend played the Lionfish, and he was the tank and just a lone scout pathfinder w/ marker light. He won, and very quickly.

Crydon Games
04-16-2014, 10:05 PM
If you post a pic of your "Lionfish", I will post a pic of my "Decimator" It is a kitbash of 2 rhino chassis and 2 vindicator chassis to make a quad sized transport like a super razorback/vindicator...2 lascannon turrets, 2 demolisher cannons, 2 heavy bolter sponsons.

Pendragon38
04-16-2014, 10:21 PM
My Ordinatus is named Graven, my 2 fellblades are named Iron Mercy and The Smelter, my 2 warhounds are Iron Death and Iron Fury but I may rename them, my 2 knights are unnamed as of yet.

Gir
04-16-2014, 10:47 PM
I've got:
Baneblade
Stormblade
Shadowsword
2 Knights
Marauder Destroyer
Thunderhawk Gunship

MajorWesJanson
04-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Currently?
Mars pattern Reaver Aurora Malleus
Mars Alpha pattern Warhound Ferrus Lupus
Knight Errant Lady Liandra
Baneblade Iron Fist
Baneblade Belisarius
Baneblade unnamed yet
Shadowsword Nimbus

Stompa unnamed yet

Tigershark AX-1-0 Benediction

Bigred
04-17-2014, 12:37 AM
Oh dear - lemme see:

Legion Malcador (no one expects a fast superheavy)
Macharius Vulcan
2 Armorcast Reavers
1 Armorcast Revenant
Tau Tigershark
Baneblade
Eldar Cobra
Eldar Lynx
Thunderhawk
Honorable Mention - Aquila Strongpoint

Houghten
04-17-2014, 01:55 AM
I'm one of those loonies who could field an entire Apocalypse army made up of super-heavy tanks even before the New Apocalypse came and boosted them to ridiculously OP levels. My Baneblade, Hellhammer, Shadowsword, Stormlord, Macharius Vanquisher, Macharius Vulcan, Macharius Omega and Praetor fill a pair of Monster Figure Cases between them.

I also picked up a pair of the new plastic Knights, because seriously, why wouldn't I? I'm thinking that might need to be more, if I can magically find the shelf space somewhere.

---

Oh, and den dere's me stompas o' course. Five of 'em makes a proppa dread mob - one straight outta da box, one Klawstompa, one Big Mek Stompa an' two Kustom Stompas.

I'z also working on a kustom battle fortress, but it'z a bit kinda sorta stuck. Dunno where ta go wiv it, really. *scratches back of big green neck* Jus' lookin' big an' shooty don't really seem like enuff, somehow.

Legion Malcador (no one expects a fast superheavy)

Skullhamma used ter be fast, but under da current vehicle rules it don't make any difference, so now it's just a battle fortress wiv a dead boomy gun and loadsa room inside.

Turner
04-17-2014, 06:11 AM
I have
5x Baneblades
2x Hellhammers
2x Shadowswords

Gotthammer
04-17-2014, 06:19 AM
I've got a Reaver (Igneus Angelus), Warhound (Praedicatio), a Stompa (Da Big Banana), a FW Brass Scorpion (Devourer of Hope) and a Phantom. All customised in little ways, mostly the crew.

As for transporting I use the large cardboard box and loads of bubble wrap and foam for my Imperials - the Reaver has magnetised arms and comes apart at the waist - and for the Phantom I don't :p

lobster-overlord
04-17-2014, 06:22 AM
If you post a pic of your "Lionfish", I will post a pic of my "Decimator" It is a kitbash of 2 rhino chassis and 2 vindicator chassis to make a quad sized transport like a super razorback/vindicator...2 lascannon turrets, 2 demolisher cannons, 2 heavy bolter sponsons.

oooo, a game of "if you show me yours I'll show you mine" I like it. I've had two, the second is under construction, so I'll have to dig up a photo of the first (sold it to a kid in my shop... junk SW model + GW bits = Profit)

Defenestratus
04-17-2014, 08:26 AM
OoooOOh a super heavy genital measuring contest!!!

2 Phantoms (1 more in a box)
1 Revenant (3 more in boxes)
1 Vampire
2 Cobras
2 Scorpions
5 Lynx (with both pulsars and sonic lances magnetized)
1 old tempest if that counts.

I painted the lynx's in about a day with my airbrush. Phantom took like a month to put together with over 48" of brass rod and epoxy. Magnetized the arms and pulsars (because the D-cannon sucks but I like the TCCW) Basically the only kind of recommendation I can give is, get an airbrush. Get a decent one, not a cheap $25 plastic one. It will save you so much time and effort. Since i painted the phantom, I've gotten MUCH better with the airbrush and I'm contemplating doing a lot more freehanding with it soon on the legs to break up a lot of that bone color.

I'm about to move to Alabama so I need to go ahead and build a crate for the phantom (the new one) to make sure he doesn't get too damaged during the relocation. Was thinking of documenting that "build" as it would be able to be doubled as a carrying case.

The only real customization I've done is I used a land raider as one of my phantom's kickstands. I took a heat gun to the land raider and depressed the middle a bit. Then I stuck arms and bits out of the bulging seems to make it look like the poor dudes inside were trying to GTFO.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PvuWonxRO-M/UUPZRU2u4yI/AAAAAAAAhek/H6j5YQiVVyU/w1153-h865-no/IMG_20130315_222958.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--mGI5ML9r4o/UnaA3GwFkJI/AAAAAAAAp78/oyyjCeBANCk/w649-h865-no/IMG_20121114_090708.jpg

Rissan4ever
04-17-2014, 08:35 AM
HEHE! I'm always in favor of stepping on Land Raiders.

Patrick Moroney
04-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Ork Great Gargant

crandall87
04-17-2014, 09:25 AM
I only have a Macharius Vulcan and two Imperial Knights. This thread is making me want to own more

Erik Setzer
04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
I have a Stompa that it took me way too long to finally get completed, and I'm still trying to figure out how to paint it, given that I don't have an airbrush and I want to do a "desert camo" look for it (as I'm about to embark on making a Blood Axe army in prep for the new Ork codex). It took some work to put together, but it's nice and sturdy.

I also have a Khorne Lord of Skulls, which I bought fully painted (relatively basic scheme, but looks nice) from the local GW store for retail price. But there's a story to that, which I'll get to as I transition into "How are they on the tabletop?"

The Lord of Skulls has seen the most game time from me. When the new Apoc came out, we did a match at the local GW store, and I had some Chaos (Iron Warriors) in my army. The manager had assembled and painted the Lord of Skulls to show off, and he opted to let me use it in the game, so it would get some action time. That bugger shrugged off a ridiculous number of shots with its daemon save, including one turn taking an entire table board's worth of fire. It ate up super-heavies, shredded stuff with its gun, and only fell at last when we did *one* turn with the disaster charts... and the table section it was on at the time got completely obliterated (along with an objective and a lot of other stuff). When Escalation was coming out, the manager put the model up for sale at retail price, and I grabbed it the moment I got paid.

I tried it in an Escalation match against some Tau, in my Iron Warriors army. The Iron Warriors shot up the Tau's bigger guns, the LoS survived the incoming fire, and once it got in close, it just went to town wrecking stuff in combat. It is truly a beast in close combat. Total victory for the forces of Chaos that day.

A few weeks ago, we participated in a big country-wide Apoc match... Imperials on one side, Xenos (and Chaos) on the other, all around the country. In Jacksonville, four stores had Apoc battles going. At the GW store, it was 10K per player, and I pulled out Orks and Chaos with the Stompa and LoS. The LoS ended up taking all of the big guns on the table it was on (we had three tables set up in a row), before finally giving in and blowing up, taking a Vindicator and four Grots with it. The Stompa survived the first two turns with card shenanigans, while just mowing down squads of Marines, blowing up vehicles, and stomping stuff in combat. It brutally murdered Thunderwolf Cavalry, a bunch of Marines, several vehicles, some Centurions, a Commissar squad, a Psyker squad, and a Shadowblade, just slowly marching forward eating everything. It brought a happy tear to this Ork's eye. We burned a point to bring back the Lord of Skulls, who rumbled onto an objective, burned a boatload of Marines, and shredded some more in combat. Those two guys did more than their fair share of killing.

I haven't tried the Stompa in Escalation yet, but I'll be giving it a go when I find someone willing to try it out. Likely in a really silly match.

They're fun, but they are a bit much for normal 40K games, in my opinion.

NastoCat
04-17-2014, 09:34 AM
I got one Knight, Fellblade Pylon and a testeract vault/Obelisk

ammobunkerdean
04-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Finally pix!

I broke down over Christmas and got my first but a knight is soon to follow.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Guard/DSCN0001.jpg
I've not really needed any up til now because what problem cannot be solved by half the Deathwing....

sparti67
04-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Imperium:
Stormlord
Knight
Macharius Vanquisher
Legion Sicaran Venator

Eldar:
Lynx
knight (if this counts)

I could probably field 10k of SM and need to since I play a lot of Apoc. I am working towards a fell blade and glave. I do love the Sicaran Venator and probably will pick up at least 1 more. A strength 10 2 large blast tank that is fast can give your opponent that impending doom feeling when looking at his titans.

ElectricPaladin
04-17-2014, 09:56 AM
This thread is making my extremely happy. All the love for the big guys! Personally, I'd love to see more pictures of fully painted super-heavies!

sparti67
04-17-2014, 09:59 AM
I am weeping with joy and waffles. awesome list!

sukigod
04-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Heheh - Luv's me sum Soopaheavies!

Two Skullhammas
Two Pulsa Rokkits
Blasta Bommer
1 Stompa fer good measure.

Here's the pulsas/skullhammas

http://www.bigshoota.com/blog-photos/pulsas/apoc-units1.jpg

The blasta bomma is a long project.... someday ;)

http://www.bigshoota.com/blog-photos/bommer/bommer173.jpg

Big_jon
04-17-2014, 10:26 AM
I've got a Greater Brass Scorpion, beautiful model and a Falchion Super heavy tank destroyer on the way.

Also Have a Spartan Assault tank, which though is not a super heavy is feels like one in most games. Thing is an absolute beast on the table.

ElectricPaladin
04-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Also Have a Spartan Assault tank, which though is not a super heavy is feels like one in most games. Thing is an absolute beast on the table.

I almost got a spartan, but in the end I decided that it wasn't quite different enough from an ordinary land raider to be worthy of the special expenditure I was making... and I wanted to join this august brotherhood.

Big_jon
04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
I almost got a spartan, but in the end I decided that it wasn't quite different enough from an ordinary land raider to be worthy of the special expenditure I was making... and I wanted to join this august brotherhood.

Rules wise it's very hard to kill in regular games because of it ignoring melta. I brought it to a tourney with Abaddon and 7 terminator body gaurds a couple months ago and out of 5 games it was only destroyed twice. One in turn 7 against a hard tau list, and once a lucky shot in turn 2 against deamons. I love it because it jives with the heavy assault/Elite chaos lists I tend to play.

I also loved seeing my opponents face when they see I have one in a game.

Gary Affleck
04-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Currently just 3 Tau Tigersharks AX-1-0, the "MAKO" Attack Squadron

ElectricPaladin
04-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Rules wise it's very hard to kill in regular games because of it ignoring melta. I brought it to a tourney with Abaddon and 7 terminator body gaurds a couple months ago and out of 5 games it was only destroyed twice. One in turn 7 against a hard tau list, and once a lucky shot in turn 2 against deamons. I love it because it jives with the heavy assault/Elite chaos lists I tend to play.

I also loved seeing my opponents face when they see I have one in a game.

Oh, it's definitely on my short list for the next time I place a Forgeworld order.

Faultie
04-17-2014, 11:29 AM
I only have a few, but they're loads of fun:

Arbites Macharius Vulcanian
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/darcoarco/WM/heavytank1.jpg

Kroot Greater Knarloc (counts-as Hierodule)
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/darcoarco/WM/grkn1.jpg

scratch-built Knight Warden from a few years back:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/darcoarco/WM/knightdone1.jpg

Sometimes-counts-as-superheavy Arbites Urban Pacification vehicle:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/darcoarco/WM/bw01.jpg

Big_jon
04-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Oh, it's definitely on my short list for the next time I place a Forgeworld order.

I definitely recommend it. Though it's a larger deal to Chaos due to it's transport cap as we don't get crusaders. However this thing will pound the crap out of a crusader as I learned.

Gotthammer
04-17-2014, 11:49 AM
The Devourer of Hope:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EYVDk_lhIzo/UjVy13ZLTjI/AAAAAAAACHQ/xBpH0bk9Q4o/s1600/bs18.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-avEhx_8uYZk/UjVy11qCEFI/AAAAAAAACHc/nPX9pU-SAFs/s1600/bs22.jpg

Igneus Angelus:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/TB-gtc7QMSI/AAAAAAAAAjk/FCV005UHaPw/s1600/IgAg03.jpg

Kill banner:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/TB-g28voAmI/AAAAAAAAAj0/Vo0Ye2G-bNc/s1600/IgAg01.jpg

Knee art:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/S_F6XQlhZLI/AAAAAAAAAeM/QXzCEbuknhs/s1600/IgA-U05.jpg

Shin art:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/titan/PallidusMors03.jpg

My Warhound Preadicatio's shin art:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/SusQUppozoI/AAAAAAAAAKE/MSMBLY0QDaM/s1600/PallidusMors06.jpg

And for teh lulz:

My first titan:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/S-mzTlEy8PI/AAAAAAAAAcc/7XyyB37EwZU/s1600/HHm05.jpg

with his predecessor from the HH boardgame:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/S-mzVQjxB3I/AAAAAAAAAc8/YBj7fqq-Q_I/s1600/HHm01.jpg

Might be a bit small for Apoc though, the shin art there is about 2mm high >.<

Big_jon
04-17-2014, 11:56 AM
The Devourer of Hope:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EYVDk_lhIzo/UjVy13ZLTjI/AAAAAAAACHQ/xBpH0bk9Q4o/s1600/bs18.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-avEhx_8uYZk/UjVy11qCEFI/AAAAAAAACHc/nPX9pU-SAFs/s1600/bs22.jpg

Igneus Angelus:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/TB-gtc7QMSI/AAAAAAAAAjk/FCV005UHaPw/s1600/IgAg03.jpg

Kill banner:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/TB-g28voAmI/AAAAAAAAAj0/Vo0Ye2G-bNc/s1600/IgAg01.jpg

Knee art:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/S_F6XQlhZLI/AAAAAAAAAeM/QXzCEbuknhs/s1600/IgA-U05.jpg

Shin art:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Gotthammer/40k/titan/PallidusMors03.jpg

My Warhound Preadicatio's shin art:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/SusQUppozoI/AAAAAAAAAKE/MSMBLY0QDaM/s1600/PallidusMors06.jpg

And for teh lulz:

My first titan:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/S-mzTlEy8PI/AAAAAAAAAcc/7XyyB37EwZU/s1600/HHm05.jpg

with his predecessor from the HH boardgame:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qosCgwI9ZNo/S-mzVQjxB3I/AAAAAAAAAc8/YBj7fqq-Q_I/s1600/HHm01.jpg

Might be a bit small for Apoc though, the shin art there is about 2mm high >.<

Your Great Brass Scorpion is beautiful.

Kris Radford
04-17-2014, 11:58 AM
for eldar iv got a phantom (forgeworld type) still new but so far has killed 3 formations, 2 transendant c'tan and 2 bio titans (this was all in its first walk)
and a scorpion v2 hasn't died ever since i got it 5/6 years ago surviving everything up to a warlord unloading on it at legendary battlefield cadia

2 bainblades and a hellhammer to go with my armored company

archimbald
04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
have a dismantled Baneblade in the cleaning stage and an unbuilt chaos warhound that is scaring me. any advice for a first time titan builder?

Denzark
04-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Gotty that is awesome. I currently have 2 Baneblades, a Stormhammer (is that the giant Plasma one?) and a shadowsword. A scratch built Warhound, a Greater Brass Scorpion. But finaly, Having originally got the profiles from the BoLS Lords of Battle Supplement, a Cauldron of Blood and a Silver Tower of Tzeentch.

On that subject: OI BIGRED! When do we get 6th Ed Lords of Battle Update????

kharne690
04-17-2014, 12:43 PM
world eaters are my apocalypse army so as of right now I have:
2 warhounds ( cre credento dae, and the daemon engine ensanguine)
1 greater brass scorpion
1 anngrath

Both warhounds are twin turbo laser, and on the table they wreck face. The only problem is they are a pain to transport. I love the looks of the brass scorpion but it tends to be extremely suicidal, but I guess that's what it was built for. Amazing model with lots of modeling options. But by far my weapon of choice is Anngrath the unbound. By far the best cc monster in all 40k. One apocalypse game he took out 30+ deathwing terminators, a reaver and a baneblade. Then went on to take something like 6000 points worth of guys shooting at him before he went down.

Defenestratus
04-17-2014, 01:14 PM
I'll make a post on behalf of my best friend Triumphus. He's definitely part of the superheavy owners club. Not pictured below: one Reaver, two brass scorpions and, all 4 greater daemons of Forgeworld. The picture is deceiving as to the size of it. Its about 5 feet tall at the peak of the chapel. The warlords are quite a bit in front of him and I think only really come up to its waist.

It lays out 33 Str D shots per turn of varying sizes. It has 45 hullpoints and 12 void shields. When people complain about Str D being too powerful, I think its not powerful enough - and this is why.

It makes a BIIIG boom when it dies.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nfemRmBPcBo/UZbnVHIJsUI/AAAAAAAAkGs/3aZro7bus58/w1153-h865-no/IMG_20130517_222813.jpg

BigGrim
04-17-2014, 01:42 PM
I have :

Painted :

1 MK II Cobra.
1 MK II Scorpion.
1 Sonic Lance Lynx.
1 Pulsar Lynx.

Unpainted :

2 Pulsar Revenant Titans.
2 Sonic Lance Revenant Titans.
1 Armorcast Phantom Titan.

blackheart
04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Part of the club here...

Imperial List:
Marauder Bomber, Marauder Destroyer, Macharius Vanquisher, Macharius Vulcan, Valdor Tank Hunter, Malcador Infernus, 6 Baneblades , 4 Shadowswords
Imperial Knight, 2 Warhounds , Reaver, Warlord (Home Built), Emperor (Home Built), Thunderhawk (Home Built) Getting Forge World

Eldar:
2 Scorpion (Armorcast), Revenant (Armorcast)

Ork:
2 Stompa, Custom Battle Fortress, Mega Gargant (Home Built)

Tau:
Manta, 2 Tigersharks

PaD
04-17-2014, 03:07 PM
I love my super heavies! :) Although my collection seems a bit lacking now!

Currently I have -
Lucius Pattern Warhound Titan
Revenant Titan
MKII Scorpion
Plastic Shadowsword - magnetised to be able to field any variant.
Knight Paladin (W.I.P.) and waiting for a Stompa on order....

Morachi
04-17-2014, 03:09 PM
May as well weigh in.

1x Warlock Battle class Titan (Armorcast Phantom with head/weapons)
2x Phantom Battle class Titans (Forge World)
4x Revenant Scout class Titans (Forge World)
1x Revenant Scout class Titan (Armorcast)

2x Towering Knight Destroyers (Armorcast)

3x Tempest Super Heavy Tanks (Armorcast)
3x Lynx Super Heavy Tanks (Forge World)
2x Scorpion MKII Super Heavy Tanks (Forgeworld)
1x Cobra MKII Super Heavy Tank (Forge World)
1x Scorpion MKI Super Heavy Tank (Forge World)

1x Vampire Hunter Super Heavy Flyer (Forge World)
2x Vampire Raider Super Heavy Flyers (Forge World)

2x Reaver Medium class Titans (Armorcast)
4x Warhound Scout class Titans (Armorcast)

1x Harridan Super Heavy Flyer (Forge World)

2x Heirodule Gargantuan pimpin' bugs (Forge World)

...still seeking the last couple of MKI Eldar Super Heavy Tanks for a full unit of each :/

Inquisitor Alex
04-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Original Armorcast Baneblade, plastic Stormlord, Scratchbuilt Warhound Titan, scratchbuilt Plague Tower, scratchbuilt Squiggoth, converted Ork battle fortress, Lord of Skulls and Knight Titan.

Teej
04-17-2014, 04:11 PM

If you're in the UK or Europe, then KR Multicase is a good choice. If you're in the US, I'd recommend buying a Battlefoam case.

Pssyche
04-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Here's my little War Host...

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/IMGP0392_zps3a50663b.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/IMGP0392_zps3a50663b.jpg.html)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/40K%20Forums/HTC19092011072_zps55b1709d.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/40K%20Forums/HTC19092011072_zps55b1709d.jpg.html)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/Eldar/Jessops474_zps51500f55.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/Eldar/Jessops474_zps51500f55.jpg.html)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/40K%20Forums/HTC27072012139_zps8815eaed.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/40K%20Forums/HTC27072012139_zps8815eaed.jpg.html)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/Eldar/IMAG0121_zps90b0d15b.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/Eldar/IMAG0121_zps90b0d15b.jpg.html)

Pssyche
04-17-2014, 07:08 PM
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/TEETHGRINDER/Pictures/Bell%20of%20Lost%20Souls%20Eldar/IMAG0459_zpsca56c94c.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/TEETHGRINDER/Pictures/Bell%20of%20Lost%20Souls%20Eldar/IMAG0459_zpsca56c94c.jpg.html)

For some reason it didn't want me to post this, but here it is.
My last Super Heavy photo.

ElectricPaladin
04-17-2014, 09:07 PM
So, here's a question for other Imperial superheavy owners.

Would it be worth it to invest in a techmarine, a razorback, and some servitors to follow around behind my glaive picking off targets of opportunity and leaping out to put the fix on the glaive if someone manages to endanger it? I've actually already got the techmarine, and there's probably at least one more magnetized rhinorback in my future, but I don't own any servitors, and this would be a good reason to get some.

Grey Mage
04-18-2014, 04:39 AM
I own a few Eldar superheavies... I havent felt the need to add one to my Imperial armies just yet really.

My Phantom Titan is armorcast, the model is legitimately as old as I am, within six months give or take... and so its needs alot of TLC and gentle handling. Its also 2500 points! People always want to see it on the field, but honestly I dont feel comfortable fielding it without about 5000pts of support, to few bodies and my turns get boring. Im not fielding it just so you can base the entire game around whether your #### is big enough to kill it or not *rolls eyes*

The smaller titans are nice, and I love my Scorpion- the first superheavy I ever owned. It actually sees more playtime than any other superheavy I know of, simply because its a nicely balanced fireplatform. Its got an accurate D-weapon, a secondairy weapon, and its not unkillable but it is durable enough to see late game or even finish most of the time. I love it.

Its to bad most people dont enjoy FW models, even in escalation... Id love to get my tank out there more often instead of having people whine about the revenants.

- - - Updated - - -

So, here's a question for other Imperial superheavy owners.

Would it be worth it to invest in a techmarine, a razorback, and some servitors to follow around behind my glaive picking off targets of opportunity and leaping out to put the fix on the glaive if someone manages to endanger it? I've actually already got the techmarine, and there's probably at least one more magnetized rhinorback in my future, but I don't own any servitors, and this would be a good reason to get some.

No... it really wouldnt.

Why? Because superheavies ignore everything but hull point damage. If youre superheavy is taking HP damage its unlikely to be 1-2 a turn, but rather half or more of its HP in a turn. People concetrate fire ont he big toys... youd need easily 200pts in IG techpriests following it around to try and keep up, if it didnt just blow up a few shots in from weight of fire.

ElectricPaladin
04-18-2014, 10:10 AM
No... it really wouldnt.

Why? Because superheavies ignore everything but hull point damage. If youre superheavy is taking HP damage its unlikely to be 1-2 a turn, but rather half or more of its HP in a turn. People concetrate fire ont he big toys... youd need easily 200pts in IG techpriests following it around to try and keep up, if it didnt just blow up a few shots in from weight of fire.

So it's one of those "it never rains - it pours" situations. Either your opponent is whittling it down by so few HPs that you can safely ignore the damage or he's applied so many that you may as well either pick your last target and hope it's contributed enough that you can win or go balls-out and try to blow up whatever it was he used to hurt you so badly. Repairing isn't worth it.

Regnir
04-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Hi club! I own the following:

Chaos:
Warlord Titan (custom job)
Reaver Titan (forgeworld)
Warhound Titan (forgeworld)

Space Wolves(30k and 40k):
Thunderhawk Gunship (forgeworld)

Mechanicum(30k):
Knight Paladin
Knight Errant
Knight Lancer (as soon as it is released!)

Tau:
Tiger Shark AX-1-0

Some pictures that I could dig up quickly. The warlord has since been about half painted. Unfortunately it's so big that I have to paint in the garage, and that became less of a possibility once the winter hit us. Also, yes it's probably a little over scaled but I dig it.

Defenestratus
04-18-2014, 05:13 PM
No such thing as too big of a titan my friend :P

Pssyche
04-19-2014, 03:49 AM
Here's a photo from the currently ongoing Easter Weekend Apocalypse Battle at the North West Gaming Centre.
I could not believe the opposition deployed a Skyshield into their Deployment Zone and didn't put any models onto it.

What with us having First Turn and Revenants and Wraithknights being able to Deep Strike and the Precision Co-ordinates Strategic Asset...

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/Apocalypse%20Easter%202014/2014-04-18171947_zpscb6aa796.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/Apocalypse%20Easter%202014/2014-04-18171947_zpscb6aa796.jpg.html)

John Bower
04-19-2014, 03:22 PM
I have a Baneblade - was a Christmas present from my sister
I have a Stompa since early February
and finally a double whammy for the Necrons - I got the Obelisk and Transcendant C'tan on my Birthday in February.

Not all been used yet, Bane and Stompy have seen action, but C'tan and Obelisk yet to see a fight. soon though... Oh yes, soon.

But don't have Escalation (refuse to pay that for rules I already have and besides won't use SH stuff in ordinary games w/out a damned good reason) and only use them for Apocalypse games - go go world shattering battles.

Psychosplodge
04-22-2014, 02:23 AM
All of these look great, but Gott the art work on your titan, and khornate thing OMG :eek:

I need a superheavy now.

ElectricPaladin
04-22-2014, 07:13 AM
All of these look great, but Gott the art work on your titan, and khornate thing OMG :eek:

I need a superheavy now.

Do it! Join us!

Thaldin
04-22-2014, 12:26 PM
*sees all these awesome things, eyes the Eldar Titans....then looks at the stacks of un-assembled and unpainted plastic on his table and sighs* Some day.

ElectricPaladin
04-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Hey guys! Hey guys! I just got the email - my Forgeworld order is (probably) going to arrive on Wednesday.

Woo! (Iwi****werestillbecausethenI'dactuallyhavetimetop aintit) Spring break!

Horncastle
04-22-2014, 01:55 PM
I had two baneblades (lost in a house fire last month). I plan on replacing them as soon as it's financially possible.

Psychosplodge
04-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Do it! Join us!

One day... maybe I'll do an emperors children fellglaive just to have a bubblegum pink superheavy :D

John Bower
04-22-2014, 05:11 PM
*sees all these awesome things, eyes the Eldar Titans....then looks at the stacks of un-assembled and unpainted plastic on his table and sighs* Some day.

One word - Ebay.... You can save a small fortune if you are careful. I got a Stompa for <50 quid, and a WraithKnight for <40. :) Stomp was painted and magnetised for ease of transit, Wraith just needed painting.

SirTainly
04-28-2014, 06:23 AM
I seem to have acquired a load of superheavies:

Baneblade
Tower of Skulls
Doomblaster
Revenant Titan
Skullhamma (Armorcast Banelblade)
Tau titan (Chapterhouse)

plus some others that are packed up and forgotten for now...

Here's the Skullhamma in Blood Axe Winter camo! ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Twv3-yxCF90/UnbTXOoO1wI/AAAAAAAACDw/XkVeUZjm2G8/s1600/IMG_2477.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R8z_P5BIWgU/UnbTaTWPnuI/AAAAAAAACD4/51LpFhBAU_U/s1600/IMG_2478.JPG
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lzwQp0EbwPg/UnbTxKhWanI/AAAAAAAACEI/cmIEiY3K828/s1600/IMG_2479.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qrAgXOPF67I/UnbT6lz1F1I/AAAAAAAACEc/oA2llQ9PGHM/s1600/IMG_2480.JPG

Here's the Doomblaster before all the painting was done (I think I have a later photo somewhere)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PStsfJy70vg/UMD2cO1XKKI/AAAAAAAABT8/tY8jOGH7jqQ/s1600/IMG_1746.JPG

Khain Mor
04-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Probably the most unexpected superheavies you hope to see: Dark Eldar superheavies (scratch build) :D !

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1406374032911599.1073741835.140635838291316 4&type=3

Long live Commorragh!

sfshilo
04-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Just used my new knight. It shot a land raider and flipped another in one turn lol.

They are fun but I can see why people wouldnt want to play against them.

ElectricPaladin
04-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Just used my new knight. It shot a land raider and flipped another in one turn lol.

They are fun but I can see why people wouldnt want to play against them.

Meh. I used mine in a 2k team game, and it got one-shotted on Turn Two. Of course, my opponent used a campaign-related insta-kill power that I hadn't known about when I made my list... I'm looking forward to using my Knight in a more "normal" game.

Gabus
05-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Eldar:

Phantom (armorcast)
2 revenants (armorcast)
Tempest (armorcast) plays as a scorpion
Scorpion (forgeworld)

Reaver (armorcast)
Warhound (armorcast)
Baneblade/hellhamer (plastic gw)
2 more baneblade chassis kits unassembled (make the shadowsword among others)

Sadly I never get to play apocalypse.

Katharon
05-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I use to have four Baneblades...but I had to sell them. :(

Now I just have thirty-one Leman Russ Tanks to take instead. :D

Ankhalagon
05-07-2014, 06:55 AM
A magnetized Shadowsword/Stormsword. Complete painted for my Adeptus Mechanicus.

JMichael
07-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I have 2 Eldar superheavies.
Scorpion II
Lynx w/Sonic Lance
Imperial Knight Errant (also my first go at LEDs in a model-and they turned out awesome!)

I have magnetized the Pulsars on my Scorpion and the Sonic Lance on the Lynx for better transport...but also so I can swap out the Sonic Lance for a Pulsar on my Lynx!

The Scorpion was my only Super-Heavy until the Lynx came out. Now, unless the games are really big use the Lynx exclusively as the Scorpion just isn't worth the extra points imho.

silashand
07-31-2014, 12:34 PM
Eldar:

Scorpion, Type 1
Cobra, Type 1
Vampire Hunter

IG:

Baneblade (FW)
Shadowsword (FW)

Knights:
2 Errants
1 Paladin
1 Lancer

Chaos:

Brass Scorpion

Zac78
07-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Eldar
1 phantom
1 cobra mk2
1 rev

Tau
Tiger shark A-X-10

Lord Ezekial
07-31-2014, 08:34 PM
my baneblade is named "duchess" and it's commanded by lt. Sterling archer. The barrel will feature an arrow pointing in the direction of fire, with the words danger zone.

best thing ever

Ravingbantha
08-01-2014, 08:04 AM

A cheaper option to custom foam trays is to make them yourself. Go to your local hobby or fabric store, they sell foam for cushions I'm varying thickness. You can then cut out what you need, you will also need to get a 1\4 or 1\2 inch thick piece of foam, this will act as your base. Use a fabric glue to attach the two pieces together.

Defenestratus
08-01-2014, 02:14 PM
A cheaper option to custom foam trays is to make them yourself. Go to your local hobby or fabric store, they sell foam for cushions I'm varying thickness. You can then cut out what you need, you will also need to get a 1\4 or 1\2 inch thick piece of foam, this will act as your base. Use a fabric glue to attach the two pieces together.

Step 1:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OuDUMJOucL8/U4JdPPkzfHI/AAAAAAAAvBw/DSmStv7Jepo/w1538-h865-no/20140525_171431.jpg

Step 2:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-y5IuGffORJ0/U4Jh-j7XfHI/AAAAAAAAvCE/TXgFLBEQgRQ/w487-h865-no/20140525_173444.jpg

And when we're going to the store:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ag-wsyWnRxw/U4C7sV7qcHI/AAAAAAAAu_8/RGwoF7kJbqY/w649-h865-no/IMG_20140524_113226%3Anopm%3A.jpg

The Tisroc
08-01-2014, 04:56 PM
I have a Baneblade and a Knight... neither is ready to see a tabletop yet...

Pssyche
08-01-2014, 05:36 PM
How long do the batteries last in your dog's LED eyes, Defenestratus?

Krefey
08-04-2014, 02:36 AM
Painted I have
Phantom titan
two revenant titans
1 scorpion
1 vampire hunter
1 thunderhawk
1 fellblade
1 knight errant
1 knight paladin

Not painted
1 knight paladin
1 baneblade
1 cobra

Hmm, not as many as I thought I had lol.

Lucidum
08-04-2014, 01:27 PM
I run three Imperial Knights right now- two Paladins and one Errant, all three of them painted. They’re my pride and joy. While not…just incredibly fun on the tabletop (I seriously feel bad when my opponent has a ton of infantry like Termagants that can’t do anything), they’re awesome kits to build and paint.

I’m going to be adding a Cerastus Knight Lancer or one of the other ForgeWorld variants soon.

Victus Mortecarium
08-05-2014, 09:08 PM
My friend offered me any warhammer model I wanted for my birthday... What pisses me off is I said, "I want dat baneblade, but surprise me". My other friend took advantage of this and told him to buy a model "That would suit his army better". You see, the friend who was buying the gift wasn't into 40K, so my stupid chaos friend ruined everything for me.

Defenestratus
08-06-2014, 07:55 AM
How long do the batteries last in your dog's LED eyes, Defenestratus?

Perpetually :P

After meals they kind of dim for a while but they soon come back to life.

wild weasel
03-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Hello all. I just joined your forum so I am looking forward to participating in various discussions . I am now starting to build a new army of mk6 power armored infantry and scratch building armor. My avatar picture is what I have called a Ultra heavy transport. I have other pictures if anyone wants me to add the, Thanks . Decter.

Psychosplodge
03-27-2017, 06:44 AM
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/photopost/data/500/medium/0091.JPG

This? Interesting looking beast

wild weasel
04-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Hello all. I am nearing the final build stage of my newest super heavy tank. I'm looking to post pictures in about a month. I hope everyone is well.

ctuttle
07-28-2017, 01:17 AM
I have quite a bit of super heavies at this point:

- Two Thunderhawks (One Chaos one Ultramarine)
- Baneblade
- Chaos Warhound Titan
- Chaos Reaver Titan
- Legion Glaive
- Tyranid BioTitan

I don't get them out on the table as often as I would like.

Da Gargoyle
01-11-2018, 02:00 AM
My lad just picked up a second Chaos Warhound Titan, one is loaded with Vulcan Mega Bolter and Plasma Cannon. The other with Twin Turbo Lasers and unusually large burner.