Tank Commander Squadron (HQ)
Knight Commander Pask in Executioner Leman Russ Battle Tank
-2 Plasma Sponsons.
Executioner Leman Russ Battle Tank
-2 Plasma Sponsons.
Executioner Leman Russ Battle Tank
-2 Plasma Sponsons.

Allied HQ
Inquisitor Cotaez (with shooty henchman)

The point of 3 Primaris Psykers and Cotaez is to roll on the Divination table as many times as possible to obtain "Perfect Timing", which when cast on the Paskstar will give the entire Squadron "Ignores Cover", this coupled with a remaining Psyker providing Prescience for Twinlinked shots will mean your 15 Str7 AP2 shots will not only ignore all saves except Feel No Pain (on toughness 4+ units) and Invulnerable saves, but usually hit where you want them to. While Pask's "Preferred Enemy" warlord trait already protects from Get's Hot rolls, Prescience helps even more by insuring accuracy on scatter dice. Of course there are also other beneficial powers which could be rolled in addition to this one which is mandatory for this tactic and the other Psykers could be attached to other units in your army.

To further up the anti, we throw in 2 Enginseers, who also camp near the Paskstar. Not only can they repair damage to the tanks, they can provide each with Power of the Machine Spirit. This, coupled with Pask giving the order to direct the squadron to fire at a target other than his own means each Executioner turret can fire at a independent target, with the Plasma Cannon Sponsons on 2 of them firing at a fourth target, all while enjoying the benifit of the Psyker's buffs. Adding a third Enginseer is not as beneficial as the first 2 since it will only have a single Plasma Cannon Sponson to PotMS at a fifth target.

All of this should be placed in cover, preferably with Camo netting and/or on a Skyshield Landing Pad to provide the tanks with a 4++ invulnerable save. The glaring vulnerability of Drop Pods filled with Melta Guns destroying your tanks is partially mitigated by Cotaez who should be joined by a squad of Jokaero and Plasma Servitors that can intercept them upon arrival.

While this tactic is extremely expensive in points, it could also potentially annihilate your opponent's forces in very few turns, not to mention is humorous in it's audacity!

Power Klawz
04-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Just fill in the rest with blob guard and pray to the emprah no one brought any air support.

Aegwymourn
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
You can't cast perfect timing outside of the pskyers unit.

DrBored
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Wow. I love plasma, and this list made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Yep, just fill in the rest with as many bodies as you can as was said above. Hopefully the table won't have too much LOS blocking terrain...

Lord Krungharr
04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Was this intended just as part of a full army list? As written, it's not a legal army list without any Troops.

Furthermore, you cannot cast Perfect Timing onto a unit other than the one which includes the psyker. And a non-vehicle IC could not join a unit of vehicles. So the tanks would never ignore cover except for the Eradicator cannons, which are good nonetheless.

But firing from a Chimera with a bunch of cover ignoring plasmacannons and/or multimeltas (and rerolling to Hit), is equally amazing! If you can get Endurance in there it would make them Relentless and able to fire after moving. But putting everything on a Skyshield would limit your need/ability to do that. That could also limit your targeting ability as some tanks may end up blocking LOS to enemy units. I could see plenty of players taking advantage of that.

Drop pods coming in with melta guns, or deepstriking Crisis suits for that matter, will be a severe problem for any tank list, but with all the Divination your bound to get a Forewarning. So that acts like the Skyshield to some extent and on the move.

But I do think having the Enginseers amidst a solid tank formation is very awesome indeed. I was thinking about this last night, and wanting some more Chimeras and Leman Russes.
The trick will be learning what weapon combos work the best with each other within a squadron, and how to organize them to react to different armies that come along. In a tournament one never knows quite what they'll play against next game. With all the new armor options, I suspect we'll be seeing more drop/deepstriking melta than we have. AV 14 demands it. Which of course means we'll just be seeing more and more freakin' Tau, which is actually good against the drop-in melta because of the Interceptor Riptides and Broadsides!

Blood Shadow
04-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Personally I'd settle for Pask and 2x punishers, 60shots rerolling 1's @ str5, doesn't really matter what cover saves you get....

Haighus
04-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Was this intended just as part of a full army list? As written, it's not a legal army list without any Troops.

Furthermore, you cannot cast Perfect Timing onto a unit other than the one which includes the psyker. And a non-vehicle IC could not join a unit of vehicles. So the tanks would never ignore cover except for the Eradicator cannons, which are good nonetheless.

But firing from a Chimera with a bunch of cover ignoring plasmacannons and/or multimeltas (and rerolling to Hit), is equally amazing! If you can get Endurance in there it would make them Relentless and able to fire after moving. But putting everything on a Skyshield would limit your need/ability to do that. That could also limit your targeting ability as some tanks may end up blocking LOS to enemy units. I could see plenty of players taking advantage of that.

Drop pods coming in with melta guns, or deepstriking Crisis suits for that matter, will be a severe problem for any tank list, but with all the Divination your bound to get a Forewarning. So that acts like the Skyshield to some extent and on the move.

But I do think having the Enginseers amidst a solid tank formation is very awesome indeed. I was thinking about this last night, and wanting some more Chimeras and Leman Russes.
The trick will be learning what weapon combos work the best with each other within a squadron, and how to organize them to react to different armies that come along. In a tournament one never knows quite what they'll play against next game. With all the new armor options, I suspect we'll be seeing more drop/deepstriking melta than we have. AV 14 demands it. Which of course means we'll just be seeing more and more freakin' Tau, which is actually good against the drop-in melta because of the Interceptor Riptides and Broadsides!
Add an Atlas recover vehicle with the enginseers (FW rules, in both meanings of the phrase) and they can all do 2 repair rolls each per turn.... :D

Harley
04-16-2014, 08:46 PM
It was intended as a silly UNIT (not army) to fill my time while at lunch at work :P

Thank you for pointing out that Perfect Timing cannot be cast on another unit! Darn... will have to restart the cheese factory. :D

Mad Cat
04-17-2014, 04:45 AM
Ok so perfect timing wont work on the tank squad but with all those divination rolls if you can cast the divination 4++ on them (forewarning is it?) that will help with the survivability.

Also put stubbers on the tanks as they are very cheap and will benefit from the prescience and one of them gets BS4 & rending. Finally take relic plating on one of them as it is a decent insurance against maledictions and psyker shooting attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can get Endurance in there it would make them Relentless and able to fire after moving.

All tanks get relentless anyway allowing you to move tanks and fire a heavy bolter at full BS for example. Leman russ are also Heavy Tanks allowing them to move and fire all weapons at full BS as long as you don't use an ordnance weapon.