PDA

View Full Version : 5th Ed. Necron New Forces

B_Steele
01-05-2010, 11:19 AM
As promised, here is the thread I plan to use to drop my "new ideas" for more obtuse or original Necron ideas for 5th Edition. It is the counterpart for my other Necron 5th Edition thread.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=44724#post44724

Anyway, these are my ideas to create new models/units for the Necrons.

The Necron Army Additions For Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition

New Troop Choices

The Enslaved Cost: 12 points

Ensaved WS2 BS2 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 Ld8 Sv4+

Unit Type:
● Infantry

Number/squad:
● 10 - 20

Wargear:
● Gauss Spark

Special Rules:
● Necron

Options:
- May add Disruption Fields for +2 points per model

New Fast Attack Choices

Sacrificial Scarabs Cost: 25 points

Sacrificial Scarab Swarm WS2 BS- S3 T3 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv4+

Unit Type:
● Jump Infantry

Number/squad:
● 1 - 4

Wargear:
● Mandibles (Close Combat Weapon)
● Disruption Fields

Special Rules:
● Deep Strike
● Fearless
● Swarms
● Sacrifice - Any number of bases may choose to Sacrifice themselves when assaulting a target with an Armour Value. After making that base's Attacks, the base will automatically be removed as a casualty (counting as wounds suffered to the unit for combat resolution). Any Attacks from that base during the Assault that hit the target automatically cause a Penetrating Hit.

New Heavy Choices

Tomb Guardian Cost: 145 points

Tomb Guardian WS4 BS4 S6 T6 W4 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv2+

Unit Type:
● Monstrous Creature

Number/squad:
● 1

Wargear:
● Harbinger Blade
● Gauss Cannon

Special Rules:
● Necron
● Fearless
● Guardian - Unit must stay within 12" of a friendly Necron Lord, Necron Monolith or Tomb Spyder to move normally. If this is not the case at the beginning of the Movement Phase, the Tomb Guardian will move its full movement in a direct line to get closer to one of these models. If no more of these models exist on the table, the Tomb Guardian will become dormant. A dormant Tomb Guardian will defend itself in close combat and will shoot at the nearest enemy model each turn.

New Necron Weapons

Ranged Weapons

Gauss Spark 12” S3 AP5 Gauss, Pistol
Harbinger Blade CC S10 - Wounded models must pass a Leadership test on 3d6 or be removed as a Casualty.