PDA

View Full Version : War Zone Books you would like to see...

Darren Richardson
04-16-2014, 06:07 AM
since we have a thread for Mini-dexes, the subject of Warzone books cropped up, so I though I'd start a thread for the topic...

What war's mentioned in the fluff woul you like to see done as Warzone book, I'll start off..

Sabbet Worlds Crusade - seriously this would sell out fast, with formations for the Ghosts, Sons of sek, Blood Pact and other assorted players in the books and throw in some special characters from the books as well, damn I'd buy it in a heartbeat, of course the down side is it would proberly be spread over several volumes like FW have done with some of their stuff...

The Battle of Macragge - seriously why haven't they done this one yet? we have fluff, missions etc already spread around the various editions, it wouldn't be too hard to pop this one out, I would love to see Apoc Formations for the entire 1st company's last stand myself...

Armageddon - for the reasons above, not to mention it would give the orks some love to... A formation for Yarracks Command during the battle for Hades hive would be awesome...

So any other great battles and campaign's would you like to see and why?

Eberk
04-16-2014, 06:25 AM
Armageddon - for the reasons above, not to mention it would give the orks some love to... A formation for Yarracks Command during the battle for Hades hive would be awesome...
I hate to break it to you but Warzone Armageddon is part of the Apocalypse book. There are formations for The Fortress of Arrogance (Yarrick's Tank), Overlord Von Strab with Ork Nobz and The Heroes of Armageddon (Yarrick, Tycho & Helbrecht).

So there already is a Warzone: Armageddon...

Darren Richardson
04-16-2014, 06:30 AM
I hate to break it to you but Warzone Armageddon is part of the Apocalypse book. There are formations for The Fortress of Arrogance (Yarrick's Tank), Overlord Von Strab with Ork Nobz and The Heroes of Armageddon (Yarrick, Tycho & Helbrecht).

So there already is a Warzone: Armageddon...

Are they?

Didn't know that as I don't have that book (yet)

Tyrendian
04-16-2014, 06:58 AM
Sabbat Worlds, definitely
besides that, an obvious candidate would be the Cadian Gate in some form, which would also tie in nicely with Astra Militarum I guess - at least the more typical exponents, which Gaunt's Ghosts certainly aren't...

Eberk
04-16-2014, 07:33 AM
Are they?

Didn't know that as I don't have that book (yet)

Yup, Page 228 - 279 from the Apocalypse book. It includes the fluff, an Apocalypse battle (Breakout from Volcanus Hive),Armageddon unique terrain and Unnatural Disasters, 3 missions, some cards, Armageddon Finest Hours (Commissar Yarrick, Ghazghkull Thraka & Captain Tycho) & a total of 19 Formations.

A complete (somewhat smaller page-wise) Apocalypse Warzone book.

Haighus
04-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Well, we already have Orks (Armageddon), Tau (Damocles), Chaos (Pandorax), and Necrons (Damnos), as well as Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Imperial Knights, Grey Knights and Dark Angels, plus a little Blood Angels in Armageddon. That leaves Space Wolves, Adepta Sororitas, Eldar, Dark Eldar and Tyranids, although I don't really expect AS to be anything more than an afterthought formation shoved into one of the Warzones.

Maybe a Warzone: Iyanden for Eldar and 'nids (although this would be the first without Imperials) and possibly a new Warzone featuring Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar (they don't seem to be too averse to new fluff with Pandorax).

Macragge and Cadia seem like good ones too though, as well as maybe Tarsis Ultra, Rynn's World, the War for Octarius, the Emrah Battle Fortress (more just curiosity on this one, I've seen it mentioned in the fluff several times, but never in detail) and Ichar IV.

eldargal
04-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Anything with Eldar or Dark Eldar in.

Defenestratus
04-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Anything with Eldar or Dark Eldar in.

Battle for Iyanden

Gleipnir
04-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Warzone Duriel

Iyanden, Beil-Tan and Dark Eldar vs. Hive Fleet Kraken

Gives you a ton of Eldar force variety between Iyanden's Wraith Contructs and Beil-Tan's Warrior Shrines, and the added splash of Dark Eldar vs the might of a Hive Fleet that had learned how to fight Eldar.

Fireheart provides a suitable Apoaclyptic weapon, and the battles accross the ravaged world including in the Eldar Webway amount to a unique setting.

YorkNecromancer
04-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Mars 20K: because the Horus Heresy isn't enough for the ultra-exclusive 40K fan.:D

It's Thunder Warriors vs. Iron Men. You want to play, you have to completely scratch-build both armies.

Available in full colour hardback for £50, leather-bound limited-edition for £100, super-ultra-collector's edition with a slightly sepia tint to the front cober of the standard for £150, and super-ultra-you#re-the-best-and-most-hardcore-collector-and-everyone-admires-you-for-thecool-things-you-own edition which includes three full-colour art prints of slightly pixellated artwork from the main book, only on little postcards that you'll file away somewhere safely and never look at them. :rolleyes:

Bigred
04-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Warzone: Unification War :)

(That was for YorkNecromancer)

OK, really I would like to see:

Warzone: Macharian Crusade (it might need to be a series) Give the lowly guardsmen their due after all these years.

Power Klawz
04-16-2014, 12:45 PM
I think both the Iyanden and Maccrage ones mentioned here would be pretty awesome, give the nids some time to shine and much down some terminators/aspect warriors.

Something totally new that doesn't include a major imperial presence might be cool too, or maybe a second battle for Terra at the end of Abaddon's 13th crusade. (LOLYEAHRIGHT)

brianhorton
04-16-2014, 01:16 PM
I would like to see Warzone: Maccrage

FireHazard
04-16-2014, 01:19 PM
Warzone Baal? Either the first assault by the Orks or, much better, the assault by Ka'Bandha and the 'Nids. Lots of red models though with BA and their successors facing of against Khorne worshipping nutters. The 'Nids would add a splash of purple though.

Warzone Golgotha? Resurrect a long abandoned (but never forgotten) stunted race and then kill 'em off again by feeding them to the 'Nids.

Johnnya10
04-16-2014, 01:46 PM
War Zone: Tarsis Ultra. This is for purely selfish reasons as I collect Mortifactors but you'd have Ultramarines/Mortifactors/various Militarum/PDF vs Tyranids and it could be epic. Ref Graham McNeal's Warriors of Ultramar for any who haven't read it (and it's well worth a read too).

Myrmidont
04-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Thracian Primaris - both the immediate aftermath of the Atrocity and the hunt for the Alpha psykers, and the pacification that lasted years after. Inquisitors, psykers, cultists, house-to-house fighting, arbites and the forces commandeered from the victory parade.
But maybe that would be better suited for Inquisimunda or something.
Shame it would be imperial/chaos though.

MajorWesJanson
04-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Octavius: Orks vs Tyranids with a hint of Inquisition/Deathwatch
The Fang: CSM and Daemons vs Space Wolves
Sanctuary 101: Sisters of Battle vs Necrons
Orestes: Loyal Titans, Admech, and PDf vs Chaos Titans, DarkMech, and chaos cultists.

deinol
04-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Battle for Iyanden

So much this.

Darren Richardson
04-17-2014, 01:30 AM
wow some great ideas there guys, I see the "Battle for Iyanden" seems popular, that would give Eldar and Nid players some great love.

- - - Updated - - -

Warzone: Macharian Crusade (it might need to be a series) Give the lowly guardsmen their due after all these years.

Yeah Bigred that would be a cool idea, I'd imagine that would be better handeled by Forgeworld though...

- - - Updated - - -

Warzone: Unification War :)

(That was for YorkNecromancer)

Acutually that would be cool, I wonder if Forgeworld would be up to doing a WH40k Historical Line, Tales from the 21st Milleinnium :D

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Warzone : Cinchare Hrud Infestation

:P

Christopher Chestnut
04-17-2014, 05:22 AM
Warzone: The Fang

after the Black library book Battle for the fang, could be first introduction of demon Primarchs into the 40k setting (At least in 6th edition) and the various super heavies that the Thousand Sons make use of, when they attack the Space Wolf homeworld.

Gleipnir
05-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Warzone Duriel

Iyanden, Beil-Tan and Dark Eldar vs. Hive Fleet Kraken

Gives you a ton of Eldar force variety between Iyanden's Wraith Contructs and Beil-Tan's Warrior Shrines, and the added splash of Dark Eldar vs the might of a Hive Fleet that had learned how to fight Eldar.

Fireheart provides a suitable Apoaclyptic weapon, and the battles accross the ravaged world including in the Eldar Webway amount to a unique setting.

nailed that prediction

Pssyche
05-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Just looking at the blurb for Warzone Valedor on GW Website.
It mentions that there are rules for Tyranid Terrain.
What chance of a Tyranid Terrain Pack being released at some point?

(And please, no jokes about "Limited Editions" in seemingly ridiculously small numbers in insanely inappropriate materials. That joke is getting old now.)

biffster666
05-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately I think the chances are pretty low that GW will put out any Pssyche. They have mysterious terrain rules, but don't produce any. They have all kinds of fortification (hello stronghold assault) rules for both 40k/Apocalypse, but other than the chaos bastion, they only produce imperial fortifications. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ork aegis defense line (minus gun?!?!?) that's rumored to be in the next starter set turns out to be the Ork barricades. I couldn't find them on the new GW site. I think it would be awesome if GW put out xenos fortifications/terrain, unfortunately I think the ROI ends the discussion pretty quick.

I hope I'm wrong though! Hehehe

Macharius
05-10-2014, 06:32 PM
War for Octarius! Excellent suggestion, I would love to see this. Great for Ork and Nid players, they need some loving. And they could even add a small Inquisition element.