PDA

View Full Version : 1850 orks roll out

Alex Burnsides
04-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Ok this is a list I am getting ready to play test in the next few days. It's for an upcoming tourney in my area.

Old zogwort [145]

Weird boy [85] warphead

2 x 18 shoota boyz nob with power klaw, bosspole, eavy armor

20 shoota boyz nob with power klaw, bosspole, eavy armor

3 meganobz

3 meganobz

5 x battle wagons deffrolla,boarding plank, grot riggers, 2 x big shootas

2 x dakkajets 3 to supa shootas, fly boss

1848 points

There ya have it cc welcome.

Alex Burnsides
04-15-2014, 08:14 PM
No replies yet. Oh Bols community......wait I forgot no one comments on anything but the new shinnies....haha Jk help me out peeps. Want to know what you all thinks.

SquigBrain
04-15-2014, 08:23 PM
No replies yet. Oh Bols community......wait I forgot no one comments on anything but the new shinnies....haha Jk help me out peeps. Want to know what you all thinks.

Okay, here's a couple comments for you. :)

Remember that Zoggy can't fire either of the two psychic shooting attacks. BS 0 means no shooting. Squig hilarity notwithstanding, he's generally not worth it.

I like it, overall. Classic battlewagon rush, with a bit of random-chance thrown in with the weirdboys

Alex Burnsides
04-15-2014, 10:50 PM
Okay, here's a couple comments for you. :)

Remember that Zoggy can't fire either of the two psychic shooting attacks. BS 0 means no shooting. Squig hilarity notwithstanding, he's generally not worth it.

I like it, overall. Classic battlewagon rush, with a bit of random-chance thrown in with the weirdboys

Really just want soggy there for the hilarity of neutering Death Stars on the orks chance it works. I could always swap him out for mega boss and make my MANZ scoring.

Thanks for the comment

Power Klawz
04-16-2014, 07:40 AM
I think I'd replace Zog and the Warphead with a beatdown warboss and a big mek with a KFF. Maybe even a mega armor warboss to roll with the MANZ.

Seems like it might be pretty competitive though, for a single minded rush list. AV 14, even open topped, is a pretty tough nut to crack en masse. Depending on your opponent's list you'll probably lose at least one BW before you get close enough to crack some heads, but with 4 more its probably not that big of an issue.

Things I'd be wary of: Fast vehicles and units zipping around to rear and side armor for melta pot shots, deep striking termicide type units that will do a similar number on your rear armor, Railcannons.

I think the av 14 tin cans and your 2 orkplanes will provide enough protection against flyer heavy lists, I think you might have some issue chasing down fast moving units, especially vehicles which you don't have any credible ranged threats for. List could probably use a faster troubleshooting element like deffkoptas to chase down pesky skimmers and the like, and probably some more long ranged punch in the form of lootaz. Your slow footsloggers will have a hell of a time catching up to mobile gunline armies like Eldar and some tau lists.

In fact I kind of feel like a serpent spam list with avengers and guardians will be the bane of this list.

Dave Mcturk
04-17-2014, 04:09 AM
orks / "credible ranged threat": :rolleyes::confused:

now tau and eldar and even nidz blat away at 60" and have haywire and ignores cover; and dont even talk about imperial guard or necron glancing malarky.

Power Klawz
04-17-2014, 07:56 AM
orks / "credible ranged threat"

Killa kanz, deffkoptas, lootas and tankbustas in a truck to a lesser extent are all "credible ranged threats" so I'm not really understanding the confusion.

The battlewagons are too slow to catch up to a crafty speedy vehicle list so you'll be picked apart at range while you try in vain to punch them with your power klawz. Maybe some biker nobz would work as well, although they'd be targeted early and hard and are too expensive to load up on.

Dave Mcturk
04-17-2014, 10:14 AM
i will give you tankbustas in a battlewaggon; or lootas; especially if you mad doc them cyborg armour; but oh the point sink; and BS2 ; farting under the table might do more damage to the enemy; and A14 just wets itself laughing.

but seriously defkoptaz. i love my black reach heli's but there is no way they are a 'credible long range threat' against anything but A10 vehicles; if big shootas were AP4 they might be more useful but every man and his dog gets a 4+ save. before the 'invention' of overwatch they were pretty cool, but now i just use them as a singleton or two to sneak objectives / linebreaker.

and as awesome as a kan line looks, i have never seen one actually work !

what the main ork codex needs is some st 8 weapons that can fire further than 24" without having to be mounted on a roller skate - flying or otherwise.

and nobz on bikes make everything else seem pretty putrid. [move 12" shoot 18" +twin linked> about the best we get]

Power Klawz
04-17-2014, 11:48 AM
This isn't a thread about what orks need in an updated codex, its a thread about making a list with the current dex.

Deffkoptas with twin linked rocket launchas are actually slightly more accurate than your standard guardsman. (I think around 5% more, but I digress.) plus they're jetbikers so they can shoot then scoot in the assault phase which makes keeping up with fast targets pretty easy. If you're going after av12 eldar fast vehicles that's probably the best you can do turn 1. The odds of a unit taking out something like a land raider or monolith in a single round of shooting are astronomically bad of course, but that's something you just have to deal with in an ork list where strength 8 shooting is at a premium and reliable str9+ is basically non-existent.

If you turbo boost them turn 1 you've got a pretty good chance at penetrating rear av10 targets turn 2 with a 3 man squad. Toss in a buzzsaw and charge if you can to finish the job afterwards. Its totally not the worst anti-vehicle unit in the game.

Also lootas are really an amazing ranged unit by any standards. Their sheer volume of strength 7 fire and points economy makes them practically ubiquitous in any but the most fluff-laden lists. For 225 points you can potentially crank out 45 str7 shots in a single turn, with enough range to reach out and touch most anything on a standard board. Even firing snap shots that's enough to down AV10 flyers and put the fear of gork into av11 and 12 units.

DaPlebbeH
04-17-2014, 04:38 PM
There are alot you can do with Orks at the moment I been playing them from 2nd head and will still play til the end off time your list is oki fast rush list is always fun, personal side if you do i'd drop one battlewagon and put a 3rd dakka jet in and make the meganobz into a unit off 5/6 thats just on the off chance off getting waaagh from the Weird boy will give you 3 18 shots from the dakka jets will cause alot off problems vs on foot, monsters and light armour unit's.

Dave Mcturk
04-19-2014, 03:11 AM
fairly sure only 'eldar' jetbikes get the shoot and scoot. will check brb later.

dakka jets are obviously the best 'ranged threat' but cost both points and dollar.

lootas will wipe armour 12 and below but struggle with A13 and cant touch A14.

have you tried a sneaky trukk with a boarding plank - 13" move and assault with a power fist !