PDA

View Full Version : Imperial fist 1500 feedback appreciated

fellclaw01
04-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Putting together a heap of my most compeditive 1500 point lists for next local tournament. For painting purposes will do most comepditive single faction list however for tourney will most likely use allies the one below is likely to have best parts combinded with tau

Imperial Fist 1500

Lysandar can be run in multiple ways with termies in crusader or with drop pod squad
Lascannons backed up by a tactical squad to hold home objective

HQ
Lysander.

5 cc terminators.
+ 5 th/ ss.
Total.

10 Tactical Squad.
+ flamer.
+ heavy Bolter.
Total.

6 Tactical Squad.
+ heavy Bolter.
Total.

8Tactical Squad.
+ flamer.
+ combi flamer.
+ drop pod.
Total.

Tactical Squad. 5
+ missile with flak.
Total.

7Devastators.
4 lascannons.
Total.

Land raider crusader.

Defence line. W quad

Total. 1499

xTHExCLINCHERx
04-15-2014, 09:50 AM
I would take Lysander with the Termies in a Land Raider Redeemer (it's better against dug-in Tau, Invisible stuff, and bikes being AP3) and it still holds 12.

The devastators are nice, it's good that you have extra ablative wounds so that each casualty isn't a 35 point loss lol

I think you should have the tactical squads in rhinos, and switch the lone pod to a rhino as well. One pod with flamers isn't going to do anything turn 1 other than die.

I would trade the 5-man flakk tactical squad for a dedicated anti-air unit like a Hunter or even a Stormraven if you can work out the points. That costs you probably 25 more than a TFC, and for just another 20 or so you can get a Stormtalon... worth trying for. Or, just get a Hunter for less. 3 scoring tac squads in rhinos is pretty good at 1500 points.

What about something like this?

Lysander, TH/SS x4, LC sgt., LRR
Tac Squad (10): rhino, heavy bolter
Tac Squad (10): rhino, plasma gun
Scout Squad (5): bolters, land speeder storm w/heavy flamer
Dev Squad (7): lascannon x4
Hunter
Aegis: icarus lascannon

I feel like it takes advantage of bolter drill and tank hunter, gives you pretty good anti-air and you still get your durable scoring units and Lysander's hammernator fun-ness! The main reason I took the Icarus Lascannon and Hunter were because your dev squad is gonna be firing at air units anyway if you need, but try for a 1-shot kill with the hunter first... if you get it, great, the Icarus is just another lascannon for tank hunting then. At 1500 points, if you see fliers, you're going to want them dead ASAP, not to try and glance them out over a couple turns... if you see that heldrake, it has to die immediately... that's why I like this combo. Plus, it's cheaper than a stormtalon, stalker, and quad gun, which gives you more points for durable trooops

fellclaw01
04-15-2014, 04:08 PM
I like the ideas you present but

1- there are not many flyers in the local meta - I seem to be the flyer king when I get out my flying circus

2- don't like rhinos unless I'm taking something in front of it as otherwise its a quick first blood

3- droppod squad will often have Lysander for ablative wounds

Like the scouts and the redemdmer however will update soon might play test both