PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar with Allies (2000)

jberrysf
04-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Hey Team,

haven't posted in a while, but I've got a list question for you all. I'm playing 2000 points against a pair of 1000 point players who are either Eldar or Tau (or a combination) and I'd really love to smash them hard. This list is set up to hopefully deal with wraiths, Riptides and serpent spam alike.

C & C not just welcome, but needed.

Thanks for reading!

HQ
Baron - 105
Duke - 150
Haemonculi (2) - Scissorhands and Liquifier Guns, going with the Wracks - 150

Elites
Trueborn (4) - 2 Splinter Cannons, 2 Shard Carbines, Venom w/ Night Shields and Splinter Cannon - 153
Trueborn (4) - 4 Blasters, Venom w/ Night Shields and Splinter Cannon - 183

Troops
Wracks (5) - Liquifier Gun, Raider w/ Night Shields - 130
Wracks (5) - Liquifier Gun, Venom w/ Night Shields and Splinter Cannon - 135
Wyches (5) - Haywire, Venom w/ Night Shields and Splinter Cannon - 135
Wyches (5) - Haywire, Venom w/ Night Shields and Splinter Cannon - 135
Kabalite Warriors (10) - Splinter Cannon, Raider w/ Night Shields and Splinter Racks - 180

Heavy Support
Ravager - Night Shields, Grisly Trophies, Flickerfield - 130
Ravager - Night Shields, Grisly Trophies - 120

Allied HQ
Farseer - Eldar Jetbike, Singing Spear - 120

Allied Troops
Windrider Jetbikes (4) - Shuriken Cannon - 78

Allied Fast Attack
Warp Spiders (5) - 95

Anggul
04-13-2014, 03:53 AM
Lose the Shardcarbines on the Trueborn. Staying at 24" range is more important, so stick with the rifles.

I get that you're planning on putting the Duke with them, but only take the Duke if you're running an army heavy on Combat Drugs. It's pointless to take him just to give the Trueborn 3+ poison when for his cost you could have another of the same squad which will do a lot more damage.

The same principle for taking a second Haemonculus. You only need the one to make the Wracks scoring, and putting them both in one Raider just makes it a very juicy target for little reward.

Dave Mcturk
04-15-2014, 06:12 AM
venoms with three trueborn and FOUR splinter cannon can really give monstrous creatures a headache, i suspect you will be using your farseer to buff shooting so keep the ravagers and venoms close by and you can choose poison or dark lance to suit.
i assume your trophies are to boost the farseer rolls - you might get away with them on the venoms ? on the ravagers it just makes them a higher target priority and restricts their mobility ?

from my experience as an eldar player [i use DE as allies] i would say the four man bike squad is a bit between the boat and the pier.
go with three and HIDE or go six with two cannon. then the farseer can hide with them a bit. your DE all outshoot a 24" shurikannon so imo they are a bit of a point sink. extra spiders do the same job cheaper ! [ ST 6 AP1 is better than ST6 AP2]

again after using DE allies to good effect I tend to think that more than three trueborn in a unit is a bit of a waste ! ; i mean when the venom goes down they mostly all die anyway ! [especially if you have T3 troops facing Tau !]

loving my whyches [converted banshhes and quins who are awful], but they are very vulnerable in 5's and Tau just love them on foot.

jberrysf
04-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Huh, That's a fair point. If I face mech, I might be all sorts of screwed. I think I'll rework it a bit and then repost in a couple days.

Thanks guys

http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg (http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm)

Dave Mcturk
04-21-2014, 09:55 AM
doesnt the duke have to deploy with his unit ?

jberrysf
04-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Yeah, but he can go with Trueborn or with Warriors.

Ok, I revamped a bit. What do you think?

So I came here a week and a half ago with a Character Heavy Dark Eldar list tailored for Tau and Eldar opponents, but that got carved up, so here's my re try.

HQ
Baron - 105
Haemonculous - Liquifier Gun, Scissorhands - 75
Farseer - Eldar Jetbike

Elites
Trueborn (4) - 4 Blasters, Venom w/ SC, NS - 183
Trueborn (3) - 2 Cannons, 1 Shard Carbine, Venom w/ SC, NS - 136

Troops
Warriors (10) - Splinter Cannon, Raider w/ NS - 180
Wracks (5) - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Venom Blades (I had 15 extra points) in Raider w/ NS - 145
Dire Avengers (5) - Wave Serpent w/ TL SL, SC and Holofield - 200
Dire Avengers (5) - Wave Serpent w/ TL SL, SC and Holofield - 200

Fast Attack
Reaver Jetbikes (6) - 2 Cluster Caltrops (for Fliers) - 172
Warp Spiders (10) - 190

Heavy Support
Ravager - NS and Trophies - 120
Ravager - NS

What would you change? What would you keep the same? What are your concerns?

Dave Mcturk
04-25-2014, 06:25 AM
not up to date on DE FAQS but fairly sure that reaver caltrops are written in codex as 'causing wounds' and therefore cannot be used against any vehicles - would be happy to be wrong - but check it first.

as an eldar player tend to go spider light - 5 or maximum - 10, but always take the exarch + splinter rifle + fast shot - it is auto ST7 AP1 v vehicles or low I units and can be deadly, other monofilament weapons are also ST7 but need sixes to get AP1 and that doesnt count against vehicles [again the wording is 'wounds'] so they get the extra ST but remain AP gash.