PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids question.

talinka
04-10-2014, 11:44 PM
So I've been a 'nids player for years and still love them to bits, but there is one thing in the new codex that bugs me.

Under the new psychic powers, they have the power "Onslaught" Which allows you to First run and then shoot in the shooting phase. My question is, Are you allowed to assault, after using the ability of Onslaught?
I'm thinking probably not, because it would be a real onslaught then if that was possible.

But like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

With kind regards,
Tom.

AdamHarry
04-11-2014, 12:37 AM
So I've been a 'nids player for years and still love them to bits, but there is one thing in the new codex that bugs me.

Under the new psychic powers, they have the power "Onslaught" Which allows you to First run and then shoot in the shooting phase. My question is, Are you allowed to assault, after using the ability of Onslaught?
I'm thinking probably not, because it would be a real onslaught then if that was possible.

But like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

With kind regards,
Tom.

Short answer - no. You cannot assault after running and shooting in the assault phase.

Onslaught just lets you do what it says it does - "Target Unit can run and then shoot in the shooting phase." There isn't a part of that power that over-rides the core rule for not assaulting after a run. Also, note that the power allows you to run and then shoot, not shoot and then run. It's not like Nid's are as good as Eldar or anything.

Gleipnir
04-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Cannot assault after running in the shooting phase w/ Onslaught, not even Eldar Battle Focus permits you to both run and Assault.

That said it wouldn't shock me if they gave the ability to run then assault to Orks

Captain Bubonicus
04-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Cannot assault after running in the shooting phase w/ Onslaught, not even Eldar Battle Focus permits you to both run and Assault.

That said it wouldn't shock me if they gave the ability to run then assault to Orks

Ooo, I like that idea.