PDA

View Full Version : deletion that youd like back

archimbald
01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
hey reading the 4th ed rulebook the other day i started noticing things that had been removed from it in the change to 5th ed and i was wondering if anyone had any theyd like to see back.

for me itd have to be the khorne berserker ccw rule where they were heavier than the normal ccw, ie they didnt allow the 'wed be back' rule

Auroth
01-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Hmmm, I'd like to see the use of the old 4th edition style of wounds. Too many times have a seen that lone Melta-equipped marine holding onto an objective after my Fire Warriors tried to blow them to smithereens.

Also, I'd also like the shooting casualty rules of 4th to return to. The one about units being in range being the only units able to be casualties.

RocketRollRebel
01-04-2010, 06:09 PM
After giving this some thought over the course of finishing a burrito and grabbing a beer I can think of nothing from 4th ed that I really miss. Maybe as an IG player I miss not automatically hitting a vehicles rear armor in CC. But that's just me being cheesy and I totally understand and am fine with the logic behind the new rear armor in CC rule.

Actually I do miss Lost and the Damned. I know its not a rule or anything but I think that army best represents Chaos worshipers in the whole 40k setting and really oughta come back.

With that said, I've only played 4th and 5th but in my opinion 5th certainly is superior to 4th.

imperialsavant
01-04-2010, 06:19 PM
After giving this some thought over the course of finishing a burrito and grabbing a beer I can think of nothing from 4th ed that I really miss. Maybe as an IG player I miss not automatically hitting a vehicles rear armor in CC. But that's just me being cheesy and I totally understand and am fine with the logic behind the new rear armor in CC rule.

Actually I do miss Lost and the Damned. I know its not a rule or anything but I think that army best represents Chaos worshipers in the whole 40k setting and really oughta come back.

With that said, I've only played 4th and 5th but in my opinion 5th certainly is superior to 4th.

Yeah agree that the L & D should never have been nexed.
However the one rule I really dont like in 5th is what I call the "Shoot Round Corners" Rule that says if only one or two models can be seen but you cause say 10 wounds the extras go against other models in the same unit due to ricochets etc. Seems to me it just goes against the "True Line of Sight" Rule. :confused:

Chumbalaya
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I miss LatD too, easily the coolest Chaos army I've ever seen.

lobster-overlord
01-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Rending on the To Hit roll rather than the To Wound roll. My Death Company was so much more powerful.

John M>

mysterex
01-04-2010, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=RocketRollRebel;45607]
QUOTE]

Agreed, although in a way I'd also be annoyed if they bought it back, having finally caved in and sold the models late last year. I miss my 30 figure squads of leaping mutants. They were usually all dead by the end of the game but they did a lot of damage in the process and made for action packed games.

DarkLink
01-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't care for cover saves from screening, and I prefer the simpler wound allocation rules of last edition, but aside from that...

Dark_Templar
01-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Wound allocation.

Deej
01-05-2010, 03:52 AM
The detail of 2E! Coming back into the game after such a long time, I was aghast at how simplified everything is. True it makes for a much quicker game, but where's the point in having this rich fiction if almost all units/weapons are the same?

Oh, and proper grenade throwing, not all this close combat nonsense.

Melissia
01-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I'd like back my Ecclesiarchal units from second edition codex: Sisters of Battle.

On a side note, I'd like GW to remove the Inquisition from my Sisters codex, kthxbai.

Aldramelech
01-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Goodbye

Denzark
01-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Agreed. I want to throw my grenades at people.......

Thirded (Checks pin, checks grenade, checks target, the Emperor protects...)

lobster-overlord
01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Overwatch. Necromundans can still overwatch, but once they get promoted to Consripts they forget how to do it.

John M>

Sangre
01-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Furioso Dreads should roll 2D6 penetration against AV. IT'S THE WAY IT WORKS.

Subject Keyword
01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I rather liked kill team.

archimbald
01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
same.bring back kill team

Sangre
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Now see, if I were King GW, I'd have a team of serfs quietly toiling away turning Kill Team into a supplement. That way they get to charge you for a fancy pantsy new book, and have Forge World cook something up to further entertain your wallet.

So if that happens, let it be known throughout the land, that I called it first.

Melissia
01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Kill team isn't as profitable as apocalypse, so it will never recieve anywhere near the same amount of support.

I want Kill team back, too x.x

Deej
01-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Overwatch. Necromundans can still overwatch, but once they get promoted to Consripts they forget how to do it.

John M>

Now there's a good one! Why on Earth did they remove it? It's not that complicated a rule, but adds a lot more tactical breadth. Not really liking (depsite being a 'nid player) the emphasis on close combat... It's the 41st milleniu, it should all be about projectiles. Or possibly orbital bombardment, but then that doesn't make for such a fun game...

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Kill team isn't as profitable as apocalypse, so it will never recieve anywhere near the same amount of support.

I want Kill team back, too x.x

my buddies and me still play the old Kill Team, id definitly like updated rules for it too. Personally, I think this is the kind of thing I White Dwarf should be doing. I used to enjoy doing those Santuary 101 raids :p