PDA

View Full Version : Who would make the best Real Life Space Marine?

Jgolden
04-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Nope, no survey. Just asking who you think could pull of the nine-foot tall, battle hardened men of war. Or would be a perfect Commissar, Sister of Battle or Inquisitor.

Here are the rules.

- They don't have to be nine-feet tall
- They don't have to be living, but need to have lived at one time
- Do not need implants
- You can "add" things to them to make them fit the bill
- It can be from any period of the persons life

EXAMPLES:

Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a perfect SM when he was filming the Conan movies and were four feet taller.

Mickey Rourke could easily pull off a Commissar OR an Inquisitor in his later years (Iron Man 2, The Wrestler era).

Milla Jovovich Has a tough look that would kill as a Sisters of Battle.

What are your thoughts?

zenjah
04-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Andre the Giant as an Ogryn.

ElectricPaladin
04-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Stephen Hawking would make the best Space Marine.

Think about it. 41st Century medicine could surely fix his "minor" neurological disorder, and being kind of a scrawny guy would be fixed by the implants. And then he's a brilliant - probably psychic - mind in an Astartes body. He'd find a way to save the galaxy for sure!

Edit: Oh, wait, you meant actors. Phhht. Whatever. I can't remember the names of the actors in a movie I'm watching right now, let alone anyone else.

zenjah
04-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Stephen Hawking has a number of acting credits according to IMDB... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370071/

I think he'd make a better Tech Priest or Inquisitor. But so long as he survived the implantation and conditioning, he'd probably make a decent Space Marine...

hyudun
04-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Imagine Hawking as a Navigator...all of a sudden that warp-eye opens as his robotic voice drones at you...

Vin Diesel as a Space Marine.

gwensdad
04-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Jeremy Renner is Commissar Caiphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM.

(with Scarlett Johansson as Vail and Dave Bautista as a Reclaimers Sgt-or Deathwatch)

completeHook
04-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Lucy Liu as a Dark Eldar Archon, she can do that thing where she switches from coquettish to ice maiden in a blink of an eye, very Dark Eldar.

Space Marines, well Jason Statham would be the obvious choice, he's already got the hair for it, or Sean Pertwee, he's been one before so he knows what he's doing and Dog Soldiers is very cool.

Peter Capaldi as an inquisitor, the Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It Peter Capaldi (I haven't seen the new Dr Who but I'd be very surprised if he's as scary and sweary as he is in The Thick Of It) Big pointy leather witchhunter hat, purging heretics, he was born to play that role.

Blood Shadow
04-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Christian Bale was pretty convincing as an inquisitor type in "Equilibrium" and "American Psycho".....Matthew McConaughey also after watching "True Detective", as most are aged 100+ then Clint Eastwood fits perfectly as an Eisenhorn-esque stiff lipped character.

Ray Stevenson (Punisher War Zone, Rome) would equally be good as either and Inquisitor type or a Space Marine.

Vlad Kulich (Thirteenth Warrior) would be pretty convincing as a space marine, though every time my kids watch WWE I see Broc Lesner, or NFL player Ndamukong Suh and think they're about as close as you can get to a post human genetic hybrid, it's scary to think a Space Marine would make these guys look puny.....

YorkNecromancer
04-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Charlotte Gainsbourg as either an Inquisitor or a Dark Eldar Archon.
Alexander Skarsgård as an Imperial Guard commander.
Vin Diesel is the best fit for a marine. Either him or Ronda Rousey. Anyone who says 'Oh, she'd make a better Sororitas', you've not seen her fight. *shiver* Actually, now I think of it, Randy Couture would be a good call either. Actually, now I think of it, Terry Crews would be great.
Of course, if we're not doing proper tongue-in-cheek 40K, and we're doing the current, depressingly po-faced thing, then Mark Strong, no question. Tom Hardy also would be a good choice.
Benedict Cumberbatch as any Necron Lord.
Finally, Brock Lesnar as Ghazghkull Thraka - no makeup/sfx needed. Either that or his real-life character as what is basically a real-life version of Kharn the Betrayer. Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEKqgpxZzKk
That, my friends, is what hitting on a 2+ looks like.

MajorWesJanson
04-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Stephen Hawking has a number of acting credits according to IMDB... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370071/

I think he'd make a better Tech Priest or Inquisitor. But so long as he survived the implantation and conditioning, he'd probably make a decent Space Marine...

Stephen Hawking as Ravenor. Brilliant mind trapped in a crippled body. Imagine if Hawking had psycannons mounted on his chair.

ElectricPaladin
04-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Stephen Hawking as Ravenor. Brilliant mind trapped in a crippled body. Imagine if Hawking had psycannons mounted on his chair.

Who's to say he doesn't? ;)

White Tiger88
04-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Who's to say he doesn't? ;)

Sad part is i could see this happening.

Wolfshade
04-11-2014, 01:53 AM
Stephen Hawking would make the best Space Marine.

Think about it. 41st Century medicine could surely fix his "minor" neurological disorder, and being kind of a scrawny guy would be fixed by the implants. And then he's a brilliant - probably psychic - mind in an Astartes body. He'd find a way to save the galaxy for sure!

Edit: Oh, wait, you meant actors. Phhht. Whatever. I can't remember the names of the actors in a movie I'm watching right now, let alone anyone else.

No Hawking would be an Inquisitor, think Ravenor.

Boris Johnson - governor general

White Tiger88
04-11-2014, 02:11 AM
Vladamier Putin As Horus

Barack Obama as Vulkin

Inquisitor Nelson
04-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Certainly Peter Capaldi as an Inquisitor (maybe Malleus but more likely Hereticus), and Russell Crowe (Gladiator style) as a space marine. CN

Psychosplodge
04-11-2014, 03:38 AM
Jeremy Renner is Commissar Caiphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM.

(with Scarlett Johansson as Vail and Dave Bautista as a Reclaimers Sgt-or Deathwatch)

***** please, this is the role Jason Stathom should be playing.
Vail should be that bird from the hunger games (those juvenent treatments :p)

Patrick Stewart for Gaunt. And Sean Bean for Rawne...

I suppose on the otherhand you could just get the cast of all the expendables movies and make them spacemarines...

- - - Updated - - -

If Pete poselthwaite hadn't died he'd have been an amazing awanti zail or whatever he's called

phoenix01
04-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Brad Pitt as a Tycho
Travis Fimmel as Lukas the Trickster
Gabriel Byrne as Cypher
Milla Jojovich as Sister Celestine
Shia LaBoeuf as a random Imperial Citizen who (hopefully) gets eaten by a Tyrannid

Katharon
04-11-2014, 05:14 AM
Gaunt's Ghosts Cast

Mark Strong as Gaunt.
Hugh Jackman as Rawne.
David Boreanaz as Gol Kolea.
Bradley Cooper as Ban Daur.
Tom Welling as Flyn Meryn.
Clive Owen as Viktor Hark.
Jared Leto as Nahum Ludd.
Daniel-Day Lewis for Tolin Dorden.
Edward Norton as Mkoll.
Elijah Wood as Dughan Beltayn.
Vigo Mortisen as Agun Soric.
Mila Jovavich or Katee Sackhoff as Tona Criid.
Jon Hamm as Ceglan Varl.
Chris Pine or James McAvoy as Dermon Caffran.
Johnny Depp or Liam Neeson as "Mad" Larkin.
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Jessi Banda.
Ali Larter as Nessa Boura.
Gerard Butler as Ven Mkvenner.
James Franco as "Mach" Bonin.

Space Marine Character (of all) Types

Daniel Craig
Sylvester Stallone
Vin Diesel
The Rock
Charles Bronson
Kurt Russell
Samuel L. Jackson
(I can't believe no one has yet said) Dolph Lundgren
Bruce Willis
Christian Bale
Matt Damon
Will Smith

Psychosplodge
04-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Dolph Lundgren was in the expendables wasnt he?

Also the Tanith are clearly from the North of England, some of the others would work for verghast and the other ones...

Katharon
04-11-2014, 05:20 AM
Remember though that accents aren't going to matter that much. It's more the look and feel, as well as the experience of the actor in the type of character -- that's what I took into consideration.

And yes, Dolph was in the Expendables.

Psychosplodge
04-11-2014, 05:23 AM
So I'd already included him :p

I still think anything they should do should be animated so you can just get voices and don't have to worry about ages.

Katharon
04-11-2014, 06:45 AM
People want to see the real deal sometimes...or do you mean for Expendables or for an animated Ghost's series?

Carlill
04-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Stephen Lewis (Blakey from On the Buses) as a commissar.

Psychosplodge
04-11-2014, 07:12 AM
I meant an animated ghosts series. also it makes the daemons and other gribblies/xenos easier to portray

nathaneal246
04-11-2014, 08:23 AM
I see Micheal Fassbender as Ibram Gaunt!

Defenestratus
04-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Tom Sizemore would be a great veteran marine IMO.

Michael Madsen as an inquisitor.

Christopher Walken as Malcador.

Psychosplodge
04-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Christopher Walken as Malcador.

Yes that would be awesome!

Joe Fixit
04-11-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Deadlift is a space marine.

KingMardi
04-11-2014, 09:02 AM
I can not believe that Chuck Norris has not been mentioned yet!

Wolfshade
04-11-2014, 09:07 AM

Psh! Chuck Norris, you want a real legend, may I introduce you to Sir Christopher Lee, CBE, CStJ.

KingMardi
04-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Psh! Chuck Norris, you want a real legend, may I introduce you to Sir Christopher Lee, CBE, CStJ.

I can Sir Christopher Lee playing anything he wants but a space marine.

Speaking of Knights, Sir Anthony Hopkins would make an excellent Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed.

Bob821
04-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Alan Rickman as an inquisitor!

FireHazard
04-11-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure Deadlift is a space marine.

Yeah, that was my thinking too :)

Also, Brian - Templarscrusade01 off of YouTube.

John Bower
04-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Nope, no survey. Just asking who you think could pull of the nine-foot tall, battle hardened men of war. Or would be a perfect Commissar, Sister of Battle or Inquisitor.

Here are the rules.

- They don't have to be nine-feet tall
- They don't have to be living, but need to have lived at one time
- Do not need implants
- You can "add" things to them to make them fit the bill
- It can be from any period of the persons life

EXAMPLES:

Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a perfect SM when he was filming the Conan movies and were four feet taller.

Mickey Rourke could easily pull off a Commissar OR an Inquisitor in his later years (Iron Man 2, The Wrestler era).

Milla Jovovich Has a tough look that would kill as a Sisters of Battle.

What are your thoughts?

Where's this 9' nonsense come from? Official line by GW is 7' in armour. Check the CSM codex it tells you in there. Not to mention they have a life size SM up at HQ and it has a measure next to it.

Chris Copeland
04-11-2014, 01:55 PM
I can't think of the actor's name. He starred in The Transporter... English fellow. I think that guy would make a great Space Marine.

completeHook
04-11-2014, 02:26 PM
I can't think of the actor's name. He starred in The Transporter... English fellow. I think that guy would make a great Space Marine.

Jason Stratham

Maelstorm
04-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Chuck Norris as Marbo (things that make you go BOOM)!

Wesley Snipes as a Salamander Space Marine

Defenestratus
04-11-2014, 04:47 PM

Uhhh you do know who Marbo is modeled after right? Swap two letters around and you get the name. And there was only ONE actor who played that character.

Ever.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-11-2014, 06:51 PM
There's no "r" in Statham.

rpricew
04-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Nathan Jones from the protector: 6' 11" 360lbs

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428923/?ref_=tt_cl_t5

m3g4tr0n
04-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Bill Goldberg.

Cactus
04-11-2014, 10:40 PM
I want to see Peter Dinkledge as a Ratling and Mark Strong as Garviel Loken.

Deadlift
04-12-2014, 01:38 AM
I could mention a load of names no ones ever heard of :confused: but I'm surprised no ones mentioned Lou Ferrigno. In his prime his physique was awesome. Far too nice a guy to be a real space marine but my top choice anyway. Brian Shaw although not an actor (current worlds strongest man) is certainly big enough.

Defenestratus
04-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Too late now, but Michael Clarke Duncan would have made a great space marine....

Lord Commissar Wolf
04-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Lucy Liu as a Dark Eldar Archon, she can do that thing where she switches from coquettish to ice maiden in a blink of an eye, very Dark Eldar.

Space Marines, well Jason Statham would be the obvious choice, he's already got the hair for it, or Sean Pertwee, he's been one before so he knows what he's doing and Dog Soldiers is very cool.

Peter Capaldi as an inquisitor, the Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It Peter Capaldi (I haven't seen the new Dr Who but I'd be very surprised if he's as scary and sweary as he is in The Thick Of It) Big pointy leather witchhunter hat, purging heretics, he was born to play that role.

Jason Statham would be an Imperial Guard Veteran, or a Tempestus Scion.

balisong
04-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Hugo Weaving as Eldrad
Gina Carano as Lelith
David Bowie as Vect
Ray Park as Drazhar

Unrepentant
04-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Dolph Lundgren was in the expendables wasnt he?

Also the Tanith are clearly from the North of England, some of the others would work for verghast and the other ones...

Really north of England...so far north they're Scots!

Kevin Shields
04-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger as a SM, Angelina Jolie as a Sister or Battle, Vin Diesel as a SM, Russel Crow as a Commissar, Bill Goldberg as either an Ork Warboss or SM.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, Stallone (in his prime) as Marbo. Just give him a crew cut and boom there ya go.

evilamericorp
04-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Neal McDonough as an Ultramarine sergeant.

Arkhan Land
04-13-2014, 08:19 AM
very suprised no one has mentioned the og tough man R Lee Ermy, youde think of him as being youre Sgt Tellion training the recruits just like FMJ or SAAB.

and also Stephen Hawking is working his way to Magos Dominus. hes already tested out devices that would allow him to control external robotic entities, neural cortex anybody....

john72383
04-13-2014, 09:55 AM

Chuck Norris is Obviously the Primark of our best of Legion that is being created here.

- - - Updated - - -

I can Sir Christopher Lee playing anything he wants but a space marine.

Speaking of Knights, Sir Anthony Hopkins would make an excellent Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed.

I am thinking Chistopher Lee would play anything Chaos like a Dark Apostile or Fabius the Bile.

Psychosplodge
04-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Really north of England...so far north they're Scots!

I was thinking Yorkshire, but you have your headcannon i'll have mine :p

Chuck Norris is Obviously the Primark of our best of Legion that is being created here.

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking Chistopher Lee would play anything Chaos like a Dark Apostile or Fabius the Bile.

Chuck Norris has nightmares about sir Christopher Lee, he's not fit to be considered alongside him.

Dlatrex
04-14-2014, 10:08 AM
I know we do not want to make mention of "Ultramarines (2010)" but some of the casting decisions I could not agree with more.

I would easily take John Hurt to play a psyker and Sean Pertwee auditioned just fine for a Captain.

To get a nice contrast you could have Terrance Stamp to play a "good" Commissar, Bill Nighy play a 'bad' one. I believe Abnett said he based the appearance of Gaunt on Goran Visnjic, and while I love his acting he'd really need to clean up the accent. =)

As many have said previously, I could not imagine a 40k film without Christopher Lee whom would be great as a Chaplin, Lord General, Apothecary, Navigator, High Confessor, Archon, Canoness or Norn Queen (his choice of course).

Oh did I need to cast a space marine specifically? Hmmm. I pretty much love every roll Idris Elba takes on, so he'd be my first, with Daniel Craig as a secondary.