PDA

View Full Version : 1850 tyranids list

fraziersm
04-09-2014, 12:21 PM
this is what im thinking for a tournament Saturday. it will allow Knights but no escalation or Stronghold assault. thoughts?

HQ-

Flyrant w/ 2 twin linked devourers

elite-

Venomthrope x1

Zoanthrope X1

Zoanthrope x1

Troops-

Hormaguant x20 toxin sacs

Genestealer x10 toxin sacs
Broodlord x1 toxin sacs

Fast attack-

Harpy w/ heavy venom cannon x1

Harpy w/ heavy venom cannon x1

Hive Crone x1

Heavy-

Trygon Prime x1

Fortification-

Aegis Defense Line w/ lascannon

Gleipnir
04-09-2014, 03:52 PM
With what you are already taking you might want to consider a Skyblight Swarm

At 1195 it has

Hive Tyrant w/ Wings and 2x Twin Linked Brainleech Devourers

Hive Crone

Harpy

Harpy

90 Gargoyles in 3 Broods that super claim objectives even if the opponent is near them with troops or other contesting models and that respawn into Ongoing Reserves if destroyed on a 4+

Leaves you plenty of points for a second or third Flyrant and 2 small troop selections.

Would always recommend maxing out the gargoyle brood size though since its ability to respawn and its ability to claim even otherwise claimed/contested objectives forces the opponent to not leave even the smallest numbers of them alive.

fraziersm
04-14-2014, 08:18 AM
well. placed second with the list above. although it was not a deadly as i had wished it was very effective capturing and holding objectives with that 2+ cover.

1st game - win - played Space marines, he had 2 storm ravens 2 of those smaller flyers and a knight. with 2 tac squads.

2nd game- loss/ got destroyed , played ultramarine w/ imperial fist allies fielded 9x centurians w/ grav gun. lysander. termy psyker. 6x space marine bike squad all with grav guns. chapter master on bike all tricked out. and 3x5 scout snipers. he went on to win the tourny and only 100VP short of a full sweep (tabling everyone).

3rd game - win - played grey knights. 2 dreadknights . 1 landraider. 1 stormraven. 3 squads of 5 terminators and draigo.

overall im happy with how it performed. the flyers did not kill much, but soaked up a lot of fire power. also i killed a knight with my trygon prime :)