PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Blog 11

Mr Mystery
04-07-2014, 06:11 AM
Shows off the Lancer, and some shiny new Emperor's Children conversion kit parts (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_11.html)

Pretty pictures are pretty. And I was right. Detailed interior on the Lancer. But bizarrely, no pilot. Yet.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/sdf23234_fkmoh343wf11A.jpg

Heads and chests for EC

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/201dg401_14IL311Bsm.jpg

Cutter
04-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Pretty.

Cap'nSmurfs
04-07-2014, 06:43 AM
That knight is lovely. Looking forward to what the pilot options look like.

Mr Mystery
04-07-2014, 06:49 AM
I reckon I'd do a head swap on any pilot. See if I can't get them looking like a Tracey, given the description of the pilot entering his Knight in the Codex :p

musical-fool
04-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I reckon those EC upgrades would look rather snazzy as a moderne day command squad upgrade with those aquilas/aquila/aquili?

Tyrendian
04-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I reckon those EC upgrades would look rather snazzy as a moderne day command squad upgrade with those aquilas/aquila/aquili?

yeah I'm debating getting some Palatine Blades for my Honour Guard as well... EC work quite well for that type of thing I think

Gotthammer
04-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Detailed interior on the Lancer. But bizarrely, no pilot. Yet.

Looks like the same seats used for the titan kits, so it's likely just a mod of existing bits so was quick to make.

MarneusCalgar
04-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Anyone knows if that pilot cabin will be fully compatible with the Paladin model from GW?

Mr Mystery
04-07-2014, 02:40 PM
No idea. Torso looks quite different, but that doesn't necessarily rule it out.

And I suspect FW might well do a specific one if this one isn't compatible.

- - - Updated - - -

As for sneaky stufff.....

The bottom left hand Knight pic....what is that in the background? Looks a bit like the R'Varna, but looking at the model on the FW website, I don't think it is. The 'fins' on the R'Varna are at a diagonal angle, and whatever it is in the background has more horizontal fins...

Houghten
04-07-2014, 02:47 PM
I reckon I'd do a head swap on any pilot. See if I can't get them looking like a Tracey, given the description of the pilot entering his Knight in the Codex :p

Funny you should say that. When I read that bit in the Codex the first thing that popped into my mind was the pole-descending chairs of Stingray.

Imperial Guard officer caps ought to paint up like W.A.S.P. caps quite nicely...

Wolfshade
04-07-2014, 03:02 PM

Aquilae ;)

Lord-Boofhead
04-08-2014, 11:42 AM

I thought of Voltron when I read it.

Also where is the MIU port on the throne?