PDA

View Full Version : How would you use Scabeiathrax in a game of Escalation

Xaric
04-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Just order the book yesterday so I have to wait for his rules but in preparation to getting the book how would one use him in Escalation can you deep strike a Daemon Lord?

Learn2Eel
04-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Hey mate, sorry if I am a bit late but I just wanted to ask; did you order the Escalation book or the Imperial Armour: Apocalypse book? Just remember that the Daemon Lords are in the latter book, not the former; your post is a bit unclear on that, so I thought I would just check.

As to your question, yes, the Daemon Lords can Deep Strike.

Mad Cat
04-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Put an icon in a unit of plague drones. On turn one move up 12" then another 2D6" in the assault phase. On turn two (hopefully) bring down the mega-daemon preferably in some form of area terrain and shoot with his template weapon. Turn 3 use the template again and charge whatever you can.

With a 777 point gargantuan creature in reserve that is a good chunk of your points so you may want to invest in some form of reserve boosting device such as a comms relay or allied traitor guard astropath.

Sadly he is rather slow with only a 6" move and no running (S&P USR) so make sure you operate near an objective and preferably one in enemy territory for linebreaker. He is so tough as to be almost unkillable so encourage your opponent to try his best rather than ignoring him and killing all your other units. Remember poisoned weapons have reduced effect against gargantuan creatures and his 3++, daemon of Nurgle shrouded and 8" stealth rules all keep him alive well.

Xaric
04-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I ment the IA apocalypse Forgeworld book i already have Escalation i love my nurgle army :P and i have the GW finecast great unclean one so scabby is gonna be his older brother :P

As for plague drones yes i do that normaly with plaguebearers its very effective :D by the way does he use Apoc templates? or just normal templates?