PDA

View Full Version : New Tear, New Army

Cryl
01-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Topic title says it all... any plans for new armies for the new year? I'd guess at a large number of 'nid forces coming soon, personally the arrival of the Legion of the Damned models has given me the perfect figure for my Dark Apostle so I'll finally stop procrastinating and get on with my Word Bearers army

EDIT: Topic Title would say it all except I can't actually spell Year...

Cyberscape7
01-03-2010, 05:52 AM
This year I'm starting nids. I've gotten my christmas money all saved up and I should be able to get a nice big start on them. No trygon though:(

rbryce
01-03-2010, 05:54 AM
not for 40k yet, depends on what gets released. im planning on the beastmen release to finally give me the tools i need to make a trolloc horde(from the wheel of time novels), and then ill maybe start an army of light. at the moment though, its continuing my sisters exorcist garage.

mstingray
01-03-2010, 06:49 AM
not for 40k yet, depends on what gets released. im planning on the beastmen release to finally give me the tools i need to make a trolloc horde(from the wheel of time novels), and then ill maybe start an army of light. at the moment though, its continuing my sisters exorcist garage.

Good luck with that, just started reading the books, have you made up any rules or are you just making them for the hell of it:D

Deej
01-03-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm expanding my 'Nids in January, and if I have the money I might get some Tau - getting sick of the tactic of charging everything forward as fast as humanly possible... Would be nice to use some guns!

Although, with the rumours of Tau getting an update, is it worth buying any before then? Another case of GW's marketing strategy being utterly crap, and a self-fulfilling prophecy of people only buying what's currently being pushed.

Polonius
01-03-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm thinking about taking the Chaos plunge. I've also got a huge stash of genestealers in case I want to do nids. I hope 'stealers are viable, because I've got like 100 of them.

RocketRollRebel
01-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Depending on how money looks I'm thinking of starting up an ork army. I love my IG to death but I went from being one of the only IG players at my old store to being one of a bunch of them at my new one here. Odd thing is that I've played here on 3 gaming nights so far and have yet to see a single Ork army!!?!?! And there are about 25 people who play each week. Lotsa SM and IG but no Orks (or necrons for that matter) that I've seen so far... I may have to remedy that ;)

lobster-overlord
01-03-2010, 08:30 AM
I resolved to get my IG done and work on that until the Blood Angels book is released. Beyond the BA, I cannot afford to purchase anything else this year due to finances. Even then, I will likely only buy the book.

John M>

Aldramelech
01-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Goodbye

MarshalAdamar
01-03-2010, 12:52 PM
My Black Templars are pretty much finished (I still have to base them yuck!) My Orks are just about finished as well, Necrons are in stasis until I get a new codex, Tau are done but need to have their paint jobs taken up a notch.

As for new Armies, I'm waiting for a new Codex I think. DE might be cool, something much different than what I have now.

I'm working on getting a decent Space Wolves army up and running right now so that will take up most of my time.

rbryce
01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
@mstingray: no rules yet, im gonna see what the new dex has to offer, and work from there.

Subject Keyword
01-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I really need another 40k army. I have Necrons, a bit of daemons, Vampire Counts and Ogre kingdoms.

I can't decide between waiting for a DE release, starting Tau, or getting charged up with some 'Nids...
I'm not really concerned that much with winning. More with interesting models and tactics.
I really can't decide.