PDA

View Full Version : Shooting through combat

JavaKnight
01-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi Guys I know you can't shoot in to combat, but can you shoot through it at a unit on the other side of it. Can you also tell me on which page of the BRB I can find the rule for it. I presume if you can you'll get a cover save. :confused::confused:

Nabterayl
01-02-2010, 01:03 PM
There isn't a rule in the rulebook per se. Instead, there's nothing that says you can't shoot through combat, and thus no reason to think that you can't. Of course, oftentimes combats are so dense that you literally cannot see through them, but if a model's eye lasers can hit a valid target through a combat, it can shoot through that combat. Per the third bullet on page 22, shooting through combat would indeed confer a cover save.

DarkLink
01-03-2010, 01:45 AM
True Line of Sight rules. If you can see it, you can shoot it. Simple as that. There are one or two mild complications on, for example, how you draw LOS from vehicles, but there is nothing preventing you from shooting through a combat anymore. You just can't target a unit that is locked in combat.

JavaKnight
01-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys, it doesn't make sense to me but must accept it as there is no rule preventing it. :rolleyes: