PDA

View Full Version : The Flesh is WEAK

Necron2.0
03-27-2014, 12:03 AM
I was doing good. I was immune to all of GW's silly machinations. Sentinels? Don't need. Imperial Knights? Waste of money. Escalation? Bwaah-hah-haaah! Splat book after splat book, all their splat tactics and their greed-mongering nonsensical special units for fudge-all's sake ... I eschewed the all.

... and then they put an Iron Hands supplement up for pre-order. Manus forgive me, for I am weak.

Calam
03-27-2014, 12:32 AM
You showed strength enough, I bought the digital version the day it was released.

energongoodie
03-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Iron Hands = Awesome :)

Darren Richardson
03-27-2014, 09:33 AM
it's not your flesh that is weak, but your mind....

Still if you enjoy something then submit to it....

As long as it's legal of course :D

Necron2.0
03-27-2014, 11:04 PM
You showed strength enough, I bought the digital version the day it was released.

I don't do digital. I stare at a computer screen 12 hours a day as it is. Plus, when it comes to reading for enjoyment I prefer the visceral feel of paper.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not your flesh that is weak, but your mind....

Still if you enjoy something then submit to it....

As long as it's legal of course :D

That smacks of something a Slaaneshi might say!!

<*Reaches for his Chainsword*>

Darren Richardson
03-28-2014, 03:01 AM
That smacks of something a Slaaneshi might say!!

<*Reaches for his Chainsword*>

Nah A Slaaneshi would advocate doing something even if it was ILLEAGAL, which I cannot condone at all, naughty Slaaneshi cultists.....

:D

Thaldin
03-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Dunno why you are asking Manus for forgiveness, he was weak and lost his head for it ;)

SON OF ROMULOUS
03-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Iron hands for the win brother. You really cannot go wrong in getting that suppliment for the fluff alone then you get into the rules and the character of that clan and you can create on hell of an army.

Fenrisian Wolf
04-01-2014, 08:16 AM
I also managed to stay away from all other supplements and teh Imperial Knights etc...then this past weekend i played a game as Iron Hands from the Space Marine Codex...loved it! Then I saw the release in my local hobby shop, and picked up the supplement. Yesterday I was browsing the internet for conversion parts, bought a bunch of stuff form Anvil Industries...awesome. I only wish there were more than a couple of pages of rules in the supplement, but I am happily moving to the Iron Hands! - Former Space Wolf player.

Asymmetrical Xeno
04-01-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm sometimes glad I have such annoyingly niche tastes, it saves me a LOT of money.

Anggul
04-01-2014, 12:56 PM
At least it's the best supplement by far. The others have all been pretty negligible. Most people forget the Imperial Fists one even exists, it was so very pointless.

John Bower
04-02-2014, 03:59 AM
I heard the Iyanden one was good, but heard it was bad too. Seems opinion on that was divided.

Learn2Eel
04-02-2014, 04:17 AM
The Iyanden supplement, as the first of its kind, generally didn't offer that much in regards to rule variances from the primary codex. The Relics were mostly decent though none were as useful as the Shard of Anaris and Mantle of the Laughing God, while the option to make a Wraithknight the army Warlord was interesting.

I think the most impressive supplement in terms of actual rule changes offered is easily the Farsight Enclaves one, allowing Tau players to take armies composed entirely of battlesuits - a wish of so many current, past and prospective players that it almost defies belief.

eldargal
04-02-2014, 04:22 AM
Iyanden basically doubled the amount of eldar background material we had so personally I think it gets the title of best supplement for that alone.:p

Anggul
04-02-2014, 05:04 AM
It did have some very good fluff. A fair bit of it was just the Yriel show, but it was a very good Yriel show so that's okay.

It had some interesting relics too. The usual relics are uninspired and crappy. The only reason anyone takes the Shard is to make Jetseer Councils Fearless, and the Mantle because it makes things on Jetbikes hard to kill, not to make a Great Harlequin as seemed to be the intention. All of the relics just seem so poorly executed and lacklustre. I use the Spirit Stone and that's only because they for some reason made most of the Runes of Fate two warp charges.

Farsight Enclaves didn't strike me as very good because it completely contradicted the idea of a separate faction that has it's own upsides and downsides by letting you take everything the Tau Empire have anyway. There's very little reason not to use it, rather than using it because you want to play the Farsight Enclaves which should be more different to the Tau Empire. You take all of the good stuff from each and just ally them. They aren't even allies of convenience, they don't seem to distrust each other in the slightest.