PDA

View Full Version : Models like Lias Issodon

Orange
03-24-2014, 06:58 PM
So I have been thinking about starting up a small Raptors army as I really like the character Lias Issodon and his rule set, especially 'Infiltrate, Isolate, Destroy' and have been trying to find characters with a similar rule that will allow for D3 Haywire attacks or D6+3 wounds after Scout movement. I doubt there are models that will do the exact same thing but would fancy trying to stack this to get a relatively easy First Blood on a transport/Dreadnought/etc..

Is there anything similar?

Wolfshade
03-25-2014, 03:26 AM
"Similiarly", there is the Vanguard Veteran's Heroic Intervention, deepstrike + assault (if in range). Which is similiar, I can't think of anything that enables you to assault on the first turn mind.

Tyrendian
03-25-2014, 04:24 AM
"Similiarly", there is the Vanguard Veteran's Heroic Intervention, deepstrike + assault (if in range). Which is similiar, I can't think of anything that enables you to assault on the first turn mind.

that's soooo last edition dude ;)

Orange
03-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Yea, definitely not looking for assault. More so looking to see if I can remove larger threats, such as AV 14, transports, Super Heavies, etc. without having to rely so heavily on multiple S7-10 ****s to potentially glance to death.

Wolfshade
03-25-2014, 08:40 AM
So stern guard with their combi-meltas?

Orange
03-25-2014, 09:14 AM
So stern guard with their combi-meltas?

No, Sternguard do not give you a pre-Turn 1 ability to cause wounds/hull points to enemies from a Special Rule. If you look at Lias Issodon from the Badab War PDF you can see that his rule 'Infiltrate, Isolate, Destroy' gives you D3 rolls on the Haywire table against a target or to cause D6+3 wounds to a target after Scout moves have been made.

I am looking for models with a similar ability.

Wolfshade
03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
There are very few things which allow a pre-turn 1 ability. Indeed in the current rules I cannot think of anything other than that which allow a pre-turn 1 offensive ability, cosnequently I was aiming for turn 1 strikes

Nabterayl
03-25-2014, 09:24 AM
I'm also not aware of any other abilities to damage enemies prior to turn 1. Scout bikers with cluster mines is the closest thing I can think of.

Tyrendian
03-25-2014, 11:25 AM
definitely not for Marines... Imothek and his storm may count, but that's very very Xenos...

Orange
03-25-2014, 11:42 AM
definitely not for Marines... Imothek and his storm may count, but that's very very Xenos...

Not quite what I was looking for. I think his rule set is interesting but I am ideally looking to neutralize the enemy pre-Turn 1.

Nabterayl
03-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I'm not aware of anything like that available to space marines other than Issodon.

Orange
03-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Space Marines are not necessarily a limiting factor. If other factions can provide this so I can add it to my army I would like to know. Issodon has had contact with pretty much every faction so there can always be some sort of fluffy addition.