PDA

View Full Version : Can Nurglings use gun turrets due to having BS 3?

Xaric
03-22-2014, 12:13 PM
I can picture nurglings acting like despicable me minions holding each other up and 1 using a gun but I was wondering due to nurglings have BS 3 what is it used for? Not sure if swarms can use gun turrets

Nabterayl
03-22-2014, 07:04 PM
There's no rule against Swarms manning gun emplacements. They can absolutely do what you describe.

Xaric
03-23-2014, 03:08 AM
With placing fortifications you can place them anywhere on the side of the battle you are on by half way so as they are able to be placed about 12" unseen by the enemy and 18" regardless of being seen by the enemy sticking them on a defense line would make them very useful?

thats 45 points for 4 wounds each holding a quad gun about half way up the battlefield lol
or stick a bastion directly smackbang in the middle have them all man the inner turrets and 1 man the quad gun on top?

euansmith
03-23-2014, 03:22 AM
What an hilarious image of Nurgling's manning the guns in a Bastion; like something out of Gremlins or an evil version of Fraggle Rock.

Xaric
03-23-2014, 03:50 AM
That means nurglings get a +2 cover save behind a defense line as it naturally gives a +4 anyway and the +2 from shrouded.

Denzark
03-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Yes - but the rules for quad cannon emplaced weapon states that LoS is drawn from the firer not the cannon. I reckon that means that if the nurglings are behind an ADL there is a good chance they wont actually be able to see the target.

Xaric
03-23-2014, 09:58 AM
They can there model reaches about is the same height as a defense line wall (small) and can see in the slot.

Nabterayl
03-23-2014, 10:40 AM
With placing fortifications you can place them anywhere on the side of the battle you are on by half way so as they are able to be placed about 12" unseen by the enemy and 18" regardless of being seen by the enemy sticking them on a defense line would make them very useful?
Fortifications can be placed anywhere fully on your half of the table, but they get placed before armies are deployed. So there's no way to tell how close they are to the enemy, and thus no rules about that. Also note that "anywhere fully on your half of the table" could very well be outside your deployment zone, and you don't get to deploy in a fortification that you chose to deploy outside of your deployment zone just because you paid the points for it.

Xaric
03-23-2014, 10:55 AM
nabterayl this is the advantage of nurglings because of there rule that allows them to be placed anywhere due to infiltrate placing a long line of defense line then infiltrate the nurglings by the turret to man it gives your side a advantage if you use plague drones with a icon then come turn two if the drones live that long they can deepstrike a herald with loads plaguebearers with FNP with no scatter if you are within 8" of the enemy when you deploy them they gain +4 cover saves or 5+ inv save and with FNP of 5+ I believe (I could be wrong never really used a locu's for nurgle) making them a really hard unit to kill off even with a blast template.

Denzark
03-23-2014, 03:17 PM
They can there model reaches about is the same height as a defense line wall (small) and can see in the slot.

I forgot about the nasty new model with the stunt pyramid of nurglings - all mine are a lot shorter...

FireHazard
03-25-2014, 01:27 PM
There's an awesome conversion to be had here. I can easily envisage a Nurgling chewing on or swinging off a gun barrel...

DrBored
03-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Wow, so you can essentially 'infiltrate' a fortification halfway up the table, like a Bastion, and then when your Nurglings deploy, you Infiltrate them into the Bastion, man all the guns, and cackle at your enemy like a madperson as at least 3 Heavy Bolters and one gun at the top can see most of your opponent's deployment zone.

Not that it'd be super effective, and that is a lot of points for something that's essentially just silly, but yeah, a great conversion would be a big plague tower with guns coming out of it and Nurglings crawling all over it.

Xaric
03-26-2014, 08:19 AM
155 points is not bad for a fortification with a lascannon of 14 all around thats cheeper then a land raider haha