PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Knights Success or Failure

Librarian Harker
03-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone, I've been using the Knights in four games so far against Orks, Tau, Imperial Guard, and Chaos Daemons, and I have won all four games. What have been other Knights players success rates been, and have any armies proved troublesome?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ivarr
03-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Define "using"? Using as in 1500pts, 4 knights...or using as in playing a knight with my space marine army?

Librarian Harker
03-22-2014, 05:04 AM
Using in any capacity, whether in a primary detachment or as an allied detachment. For example, I use them as a primary detachment with space marine allies.

Tyrendian
03-22-2014, 06:21 AM
well, today in my local GW we basically had a little Knight Honour Tournament - free for all with points awarded for damage done. I... kinda... lost... didn't get a single point... failed a four inch charge... :D

silashand
03-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Haven't used them myself, but a friend did against a pretty standard Tau army and it died first turn without even firing a shot. I don't find them the be-all, end-all of 40K IMO. Fairly tough, but they don't dump out nearly their points worth in damage from what I have seen. JMO though...

Orange
03-23-2014, 06:56 AM
All depends on the list facing you. If you end up against some Farsight List with Missilespam or some CronAir list, most likely the Knights are going to have a had time. That being said, I think they are a great success and look forward to starting an army of my own and adding them to my collection.

BunkerBob
03-25-2014, 07:07 PM
I have no problem sweeping a Lord of War off the table with just 1 small squad of Nob bikers, I laugh at all Knights I face. No river dancing for you!

dreadtanker
04-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Faced one for the first time yesterday allied to grey knights with my flying circus. I came in intimidated but it didn't do anything and I killed it on turn three with a puppet master onto a psydread.