PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Models

Artein
12-31-2009, 07:10 AM
From Warseer

Yesterday I got to look at some of the new WIP items for 2010 and beyond. A lot of it is already out there, (Ork Dreads). Some of it has been seen. I got permission to mention some of the items, but not a lot of specifics or specific release details.

* New GK Terminators 3ups (5 poses, 1 HQ/leader)
* New Daemonhunter/Witchhunter concept art
* New DH/WH vehicles/support
* New Ork dreads
* New Marine models for a specific chapter
* New SM concept art
* New DE models (these are sweet, and I'm not a DE lover)
* New DE concept art
* New Guard tanks/artillery
* New Necron MC sized model
* New Necron concept art
* New Ork vehicles
* New 40k concept art and 3ups tied to a future Codex release
* A lot of the Missions book tie in releases

Obviously a lot of this just strengthens rumors that are already out there. And some of it looks very rough, as in 3ups with lots of notes for changes.

I'm struggling to hold back and just dump specifics. There is one model in particular I want to talk about, but am unable, but you all will find that out soon anyhow, it's part of the Missions release, so news will spill out in due course.

Legoklods
12-31-2009, 09:07 AM
An army that is entirely fleet of foot would be eldar, so maybe dark eldar will be too (are they allready or what?) or if we're talking about an army based on a space fleet it would obviosly be Black Templars.

ninja skills
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
From Warseer

was about to post it but you beat me to it!

some interesting stuff and seems beleiveable (he has been ALLOWED to tell us this so maybe the clampdown is slipping slightly and any more he could lose his job)

the coming year looks good

fingers crossed for a necron codex 5th ed necrons will be awesome (well all the others have been)

Melissia
12-31-2009, 10:20 AM
* New DH/WH vehicles/support
So what exactly are they gonna put up? With the exception of plastic rhino doors that we don't have to purchase from forgeworld, there's not that much I can think of. Which would be nice. I hate buying lame-*** astartes rhinos and then adding Sororitas doors ontop of that...

rbryce
12-31-2009, 11:03 AM
i use the immo box for rhinos, it also does for a good base for exorcist conversions. and its cheaper than fw doors

Necrosis
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
An army that is entirely fleet of foot would be eldar, so maybe dark eldar will be too (are they allready or what?) or if we're talking about an army based on a space fleet it would obviosly be Black Templars.

The Dark Eldar army already have fleet of foot rule.

Artein
12-31-2009, 11:56 AM
So what exactly are they gonna put up? With the exception of plastic rhino doors that we don't have to purchase from forgeworld, there's not that much I can think of. Which would be nice. I hate buying lame-*** astartes rhinos and then adding Sororitas doors ontop of that...

Repressor maybe? :rolleyes:

Melissia
12-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Already have it, produced by forgeworld. And since you have to use forgeworld rules to use the repressor they aren't likely to make it plastic unless they're releasing a Sisters codex along with it, which would be awesome to see done this year.

Just unlikely.

HsojVvad
12-31-2009, 12:20 PM

For now. Remember DE codex is going to be a complete remake, so what is DE now, might now be DE as we know of when the new codex comes out.

Then only thing I believe we can completely say is the name Dark Eldar will be the same, other than that, everything can completely change.

Tyranids use to be fast, now they slowed them down, same thing can happen to Dark Eldar as well.

Melissia
12-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Be sure to move the stuff in that thread (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=3432&page=4) here, to avoid confusion.

And I still wonder what exactly they mean by DH/WH vehicles, because there's really nothing that they can provide unless it's a brand new forgeworld vehicle which we've never seen before.

Duke
12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
The new GK termies sound great! I just wish they would have done more with the regular GK models... Plastic DH anyone?

Duke

mysterex
12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
"New DH/WH vehicles/support" may simply mean plastic replacements for current metal ones. This could be Exorcists & Penitent Engines for WH. Maybe no more church organ of doom and something more like the Forge World Exorcist.

Just thinking about the DH codex, it's very light on codex specific unit types in some classes for example Fast Attack where it's just a "Troop" squad that can teleport. It may be that some of these selection holes are getting rounded out.

Notice how DH/WH got rolled together under the support vehicles and concept art. Probably shouldn't read too much into this though.

Anyway, if it is largely at the concept art stage then the actual release may be close to a year or more off so no point in holding your breath.

Melissia
12-31-2009, 01:45 PM
"New DH/WH vehicles/support" may simply mean plastic replacements for current metal ones. This could be Exorcists & Penitent Engines for WH. Maybe no more church organ of doom and something more like the Forge World Exorcist.

Just thinking about the DH codex, it's very light on codex specific unit types in some classes for example Fast Attack where it's just a "Troop" squad that can teleport. It may be that some of these selection holes are getting rounded out.

Notice how DH/WH got rolled together under the support vehicles and concept art. Probably shouldn't read too much into this though.
1: Most of the vehicles already use mostly if not entirely plastic parts.

2: That would require them to update the codex or the forgeworld rulebook, and therefor would only come out with said updates.

3: They're probably only rolled together because whoever wrote it was a lazy ******* rather than because of anything symbolic.

HsojVvad
12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
The new GK termies sound great! I just wish they would have done more with the regular GK models... Plastic DH anyone?

Duke

Oh yeah, I would start them right away, BUT only if the price is fair. The reason I don't start them now is because of the cost, not that they are metal. But seeing how GW is making the Ravenorers expensive even though they are in plastic, I am afraid GW will do the same to GK. If they do, then I will not start GK then.

DarkLink
12-31-2009, 02:14 PM
"New DH/WH vehicles/support" may simply mean plastic replacements for current metal ones.

Plastic upgrade sprues for various vehicles would be cool. New vehicles even cooler.

For Grey Knight Fast Attack, I'd like to see a Teleport Assault unit that can deepstrike in, has Heroic Intervention and the Gate of Infinity psychic power. Sure it'd be expensive, but it would be one of the coolest units in the game.

I'd agree not to read into this too much. Previous rumors indicate separate codices, and it sounds like the person providing the rumor was simply lazy in this case.

Anyway, if it is largely at the concept art stage then the actual release may be close to a year or more off so no point in holding your breath.

We already expected the release to be a while off, since the only rumor was that "work has started". Hoping for 2011.

Aenir
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
as far as the SM stuff goes, what chapter do you think it is?

A Fleet based chapter was mentioned a while back, but nothing has come of it since...

couldnt be codex (even if there is new concept art)

(still hoping for DA)

Lerra
12-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I could see an inquisitor Valkyrie or something similar, considering how well the valkyrie model has been selling.

fuzzbuket
12-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Gk termies seem great they'd also be good for preherey or primarchs!
the DH dex needs more units and a fixed allies
oh and some funky radicial stuff!

Herald of Nurgle
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
You mean some of it. Only, like, half the force is that fast.

Case point: Incubi.

HsojVvad
12-31-2009, 05:17 PM
as far as the SM stuff goes, what chapter do you think it is?

A Fleet based chapter was mentioned a while back, but nothing has come of it since...

couldnt be codex (even if there is new concept art)

(still hoping for DA)

Well I thought that would be Black Templar. But what is Winging it our way then? That sounds Dark Angelish too me. But it was said that DA were not being done so soon yet. Would love for it to be DA as well.

Necrosis
12-31-2009, 06:42 PM
For now. Remember DE codex is going to be a complete remake, so what is DE now, might now be DE as we know of when the new codex comes out.

Then only thing I believe we can completely say is the name Dark Eldar will be the same, other than that, everything can completely change.

Tyranids use to be fast, now they slowed them down, same thing can happen to Dark Eldar as well.

The dark Eldar army is built around speed as is their fluff. They get in, do some damage and get out before the enemy knows what even happened. Their not a group of people who hold planets or just send waves after waves of enemy units. ALso remeber their still Eldar and Eldar do have fleet of foot rule.

You mean some of it. Only, like, half the force is that fast.

Case point: Incubi.

Incubi don't get the fleet rule due to them having a 3+ armour save. 3+ armour save and fleet usually don't go together unless it's a special character. The other Dark Eldar units that don't have it does make sense, hellions, bikes and grotesques. If I saw them with fleet I would raise an eye brow.

DarkLink
12-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Well I thought that would be Black Templar. But what is Winging it our way then? That sounds Dark Angelish too me. But it was said that DA were not being done so soon yet. Would love for it to be DA as well.

DA is unlikely, as the same person who gave us the whole "winging it our way" rumor stated that it would not be Dark Angels shortly thereafter, iirc. Regardless, we'll have to wait for more rumors to show up.

Aenir
12-31-2009, 10:28 PM
yeah, but like i said, how do we know its not gw pulling a smoke screen? DA would be outta left field and i think they might sell well too

DarkLink
12-31-2009, 10:56 PM
yeah, but like i said, how do we know its not gw pulling a smoke screen? DA would be outta left field and i think they might sell well too

Well then, how do we even know it will be a Marine codex? As I said, all we can really do for now is wait and see.

Artein
01-01-2010, 07:00 AM
New rumours from Warseer

I got to see the DH/WH character designs yesterday, there are about a dozen named inquisition, incl existing.

one looks like a gk chaplain.
a sister w what looks like twin arm mounted SBs.
a named preacher.
new concept for throne of judgement less like a converted dread.
sister w twin cat o nine tails.
confessor w a big staff w what looks like integrated flamer
named seraphin w new jump pack, more marine like (large jets) but retains some archaic details, also has sword and combi weapon
another gk named justicar, w 2 ended force weapon.
a gk vehicle based character.

Melissia
01-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Lol, why the hell would they release a mistress of the repentia? It's not like those models are just jumping off the shelf becuase they're uberawesomestrong.

Still, this is a good sign. If this goes as I think it does, it means that the Sisters codex will be closer to the second edition codex than the third edition one, though hopefully they'll do more than just a reversion.

RocketRollRebel
01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I really want to believe but I'm cautious. I'd love to see the Inquisition armies and Dark Eldar get some love. Both kinda high risk armies tho for GW since neither of them are that popular, but that just leads to the "chicken or the egg" argument as to, are they unpopular because they dont get much support? Or do they not get much support because not a lot of people are interested in them.

If this pans out tho I'd really excited to see how they expand these armies and what they do with the rules.

HsojVvad
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Well then, how do we even know it will be a Marine codex? As I said, all we can really do for now is wait and see.

How do we know it will be a marine book? Because Harry has said so. First he said, that only BA were only half the story. After most of us got excited about it being a Angels of Death, Harry has said, it wasn't AoD.

Then lots of people were speculating, it was IG planes or what ever they were called, or other SM minis and Harry has said, no it wan't minis, but anthour SM book.

Since GW said they will not do anything new (SM chapters or Races) untill everything else has been updated, that would only leave BT or DA left as a SM chapter left to be done.

Since GW seems to be releasing SM codex, non SM codex, SM codex, in 2010 it's Tyranids, (confirmed) BA (rumoured), so then it will be a Non SM codex (Tau perhaps?) and then anthour SM book. Harry, and I am not shure Brimstone (god rest his soul) said that 2010 will be a Fantasy Year, but if all goes well, that 4 40K codex will be released in 2010.

So if we don't get a 2nd SM codex released in 2010 that should mean early 2011 anthour SM codex will be released and it will be either BT or DA as the only candidates. Unless they get GK on a fast track, they could be released then, since it is rumoured that the BT and SoB will not be in the Inquition codex any more.

mysterex
01-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I've said before but it's worth repeating. Grey Knights are marines.

So probably there's your second "marine" codex.

Necrosis
01-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Lol, why the hell would they release a mistress of the repentia? It's not like those models are just jumping off the shelf becuase they're uberawesomestrong.

Still, this is a good sign. If this goes as I think it does, it means that the Sisters codex will be closer to the second edition codex than the third edition one, though hopefully they'll do more than just a reversion.

They might be making a Special Character that is a mistress. I think that would be awesome.

DarkLink
01-01-2010, 02:12 PM

I would love that. Though on a technical note, we're not just Marnies. We're Marines with Jedi Powers :D.

It would be a pretty tight deadline, though. It takes a long time to write and produce a codex, so if they only started recently then an end of the year release is pushing it a little.

Edit: And Grey Knights are primarily fleet-based. We do have our temple-monastery on Titan, but the vast majority of the Chapter is scattered across the Imperium ready to respond to any threats as quickly as possible.

Melissia
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I would love to see the Grey Knights get plastics and a new codex. I might even expand into them, because Grey Knights are epic and pure enough that they catch even my eye.

Both
Four armies, not two. Dark Eldar, the Sisters, the Grey Knights, and the Inquisition.

They might be making a Special Character that is a mistress. I think that would be awesome.

Whta's the point of making a points-expensive expensive special character in a squad that's already expensive to the point of being completely useless?

They should only bother making such a character if they're going to completely remake Repentia to not be the worst unit across every single 40k codex.

mysterex
01-01-2010, 03:01 PM
They should only bother making such a character if they're going to completely remake Repentia to not be the worst unit across every single 40k codex.

Personally, I thought that Stormtroopers (either Inquisitorial or Guard) held that "honour" although Deathcult Assassins are also a good candidate under the current rules.

Funnily enough though, I see more Repentia models used as daemons in Slanneshi armies than as intended so I take your point.

Melissia
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Inquisitorial stormtroopers at the very least are scoring units, modestly cheap, and have access to cheap plasmaguns. They aren't the greatest in the world, but I'd say they're actually probably a bit better than the stormtroopers in the IG codex.

Repentia are expensive, have no shooting, often go out of control, they're melee glass cannons, they can't ride in transports outside of Apocalypse, and they aren't even faithful and cannot be joined by any characters.

HsojVvad
01-01-2010, 03:48 PM

And it can be said again, and worth repeating as well, that GK or SoB or the Inquition have been worked on, but the author has left GW and someone else took over and it will not be ready anytime soon.

So again who knows what will happen, unless your name is Harry lol. :D

Necrosis
01-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Whta's the point of making a points-expensive expensive special character in a squad that's already expensive to the point of being completely useless?

The rules with Repentia are going to change. So dare I say it but they might not be useless anymore.

Melissia
01-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah, but that would require a new codex. I sincerely doubt a new codex will be out this year.

Necrosis
01-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah, but that would require a new codex. I sincerely doubt a new codex will be out this year.

And that character is probably going to come out with the new codex.

Melissia
01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Also, I hope that that sister with two storm bolters becomes an elite slot unit, rather than a special character. I would so get three squads of that.

DarkLink
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Also, I hope that that sister with two storm bolters becomes an elite slot unit, rather than a special character. I would so get three squads of that.

She'd make a pretty cool squad upgrade character if it's not its own unit, too.

Artein
01-02-2010, 09:20 AM

Yesterday I got to look at some of the new WIP items for 2010 and beyond.
"Beyond" is a key word here.

snikrot
01-02-2010, 10:23 AM
would love to see new inquisition codex and models.

HsojVvad
01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
would love to see new inquisition codex and models.

I would love this as well, but keep in mind, that there might not be an Inquisition codex anymore, or it will be released later after GK, and SoB wich the rumour is that they will be seperate. So once you take out GK and SoB, the Inquisition will need lots of new units and models.

So just keep this in mind. Just because you see GK or SoB, it dosn't mean it's Inquisition anymore.

DarkLink
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I would love this as well, but keep in mind, that there might not be an Inquisition codex anymore, or it will be released later after GK, and SoB wich the rumour is that they will be seperate. So once you take out GK and SoB, the Inquisition will need lots of new units and models.

So just keep this in mind. Just because you see GK or SoB, it dosn't mean it's Inquisition anymore.

Right, the Inquisition units themselves break down to Inquisitors, Stormtroopers, Assassins and a few circus-freak units. Not much to build a codex off of. As least the Grey Knights have a unit in each force org slot, and plenty of room to expand. And Sisters are pretty much their own army right now, anyways.

Melissia
01-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Right. Sisters have two HQ choices (canoness, palatine), four elites (repentia, celestians, priests, arco-flagellants), one troop, two fast attack (dominians, seraphim, and three heavy support (retributors, exorcists, p.engines). *

The Witch Hunters brand of the Inquisition has one HQ, three elites (inquisitors, assassinorum operatives, and death cults), one troop, and one heavy support (orbital bombardments, which are 0-1)

*yes, I include the Ecclesiarchy's forces as part of the Sorotias forces, because the Sororitas are, first and foremost, the army of the Imperial Cult, not the Inquisition

Subject Keyword
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
* New Necron MC sized model

I'm going to cook up a double batch of Egg Nogg to celebrate this...

My SW player friend keeps gloating about having so much new stuff.
I can't wait to wipe that smug grin off his face.
And by wipe, I mean disintegrate...
And by face I mean his army...
PRAISE MEPHET'RAN!

DarkLink
01-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Right. Sisters have two HQ choices (canoness, palatine), four elites (repentia, celestians, priests, arco-flagellants), one troop, two fast attack (dominians, seraphim, and three heavy support (retributors, exorcists, p.engines). *

The Witch Hunters brand of the Inquisition has one HQ, three elites (inquisitors, assassinorum operatives, and death cults), one troop, and one heavy support (orbital bombardments, which are 0-1)

And there's plenty of room in the fluff for extra stuff, like initiates. You could easily fit in another HQ and Troop, and a minimum of creativity can get more units into the other slots as well.

Grey Knights nned a little more expansion to stand on their own, but the room is there. We are the most divergent SM chapter there is, and there's plenty of room for unique units that have abilities far beyond those of normal SMs.

Right now, we've got 2 HQ's (Grand Master and Brother Captain), 1 Elite (Terminators), 1 Troop, 1 FA (Teleport Squad) and 3 Heavies (LR's, Dreads and Purgation squads).

Add in Jetbikes and a Chaplain-like HQ (2 wound Chaplain with access to psychic powers would be awesome).
Make the Teleport squad more than just a deepstriking, non-scoring troop squad (give them Heroic Intervention and the Gate of Infinity psychic power).
Add in a Dreadnought varient (Paladin Dreadnought just sounds awesome).
Make up a sort of Grey Knight Veteran unit to compete with Terminators for slots.
Give all units more options, and let everyone deepstrike. Revise the GK special rules. Then throw in a few more miscellaneous units and special characters and you've got a new codex.

Harry
01-03-2010, 04:48 AM
How do we know it will be a marine book? Because Harry has said so. First he said, that only BA were only half the story. After most of us got excited about it being a Angels of Death, Harry has said, it wasn't AoD.

Then lots of people were speculating, it was IG planes or what ever they were called, or other SM minis and Harry has said, no it wan't minis, but anthour SM book.

Since GW said they will not do anything new (SM chapters or Races) untill everything else has been updated, that would only leave BT or DA left as a SM chapter left to be done.

Since GW seems to be releasing SM codex, non SM codex, SM codex, in 2010 it's Tyranids, (confirmed) BA (rumoured), so then it will be a Non SM codex (Tau perhaps?) and then anthour SM book. Harry, and I am not shure Brimstone (god rest his soul) said that 2010 will be a Fantasy Year, but if all goes well, that 4 40K codex will be released in 2010.

So if we don't get a 2nd SM codex released in 2010 that should mean early 2011 anthour SM codex will be released and it will be either BT or DA as the only candidates. Unless they get GK on a fast track, they could be released then, since it is rumoured that the BT and SoB will not be in the Inquition codex any more.

You see how clear a picture you can get if you really pay attention to all those little snipppets :D

Melissia
01-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Hell I'd like to see the teleport squad be given movement like the warp spiders have...

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm going to cook up a double batch of Egg Nogg to celebrate this...

My SW player friend keeps gloating about having so much new stuff.
I can't wait to wipe that smug grin off his face.
And by wipe, I mean disintegrate...
And by face I mean his army...
PRAISE MEPHET'RAN!

yeah, a potential MC could be pretty cool, leaves something to think about/imagine at the least. I'd speculate they could do something scoropion or tomb-spyder like. Personally I think a giant wraith type thing would be pretty awesome.

I'd certainly like to throw a horde of wraiths led by a giant glowy green deathnought one at our local Sanctuary 101 member :p

mysterex
01-03-2010, 06:53 PM

Things only get slightly better in Codex Daemonhunters with the addition of another elite slot - the daemonhost.

And things aren't entirely as bad as they appear as Inqisitors do get retinues (another quasi selection) and can take land raiders as transports both of which fill in a few more points. If you can find a tournament organiser that allows forge world vehicles and further lets you take the IA2 updates to the Inquisition vehicles to bring them up to date it helps some more.

I've been thinking about this post and can see why you and others prefer Sisters & Grey Knights codexes without the Inquisition. If you're primarily interested in building something around the Chambers Militant then the Inqusition selections add very little and perhaps just dilute the army build.

Unfortunately if you're interested in a radical force then you're fairly poorly served. I guess my drive for a single Inquisition Codex is that the current Witch Hunters & Daemon Hunters ones pretty much just duplicate the entries I'm interested in (apart from some wargear differences) and so, from my perspective, having them split doesn't add anything.

I tend to agree with you that the Inquistion components are more likely than not to get restricted further and suspect that the only way to build a radical force may end up being to go guard and take a Primaris Psyker to represent the Inquisitor.

The radical path is definitely becoming a difficult one.

Melissia
01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah, but they're the Inquisition. My Sisters are not. I don't care if they combine the Inquisition into one codex, just leave my Sisters out of it and let them get their own codex like they damn well deserve.

Old_Paladin
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Not to be a troll (ok... maybe just a little trolling...) but,
"Pics or it didn't happen!"

No really, does anyone have pics or links to some pics.
A lot of these sound great, and I'd like to get a little peek at the goodies.

Rapture
01-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah, but they're the Inquisition. My Sisters are not. I don't care if they combine the Inquisition into one codex, just leave my Sisters out of it and let them get their own codex like they damn well deserve.

I can't see the Inquisition as an army with more than one codex. What would be in the different codexes? Inquisitors, Grand Inquisitors, and Grand-Grand Inquisitors? They use Imperial Guard troops and elites, Imperial Guard and Space Marine Vehicles, and an odd assortment of misfits. Splitting the Inquisition into smaller groups seems like it would be difficult to make worth while.

Necrosis
01-03-2010, 10:53 PM
For additional choices you could have arbites in the army which could be troops. You could also put them on bikes as a fast attack choice. Valykries could also be included to be fast attack. A judge could be another HQ choice. He could also have access to tech priest. As for Radicals you could daemon hosts, Mercenary Mutants and even xenos. The thing is sisters should be seperate. They are thier own seperate organization. They do work with the Inquisition from time to time but then again space marines and guard work together from time to time and yet their not in one codex.

ChrisW
01-04-2010, 12:58 AM
hummmm sister with cat-o-nine tails.... screams Slannesh conversion...... nice to have more models themed to join Celeste (Slannesh Lord) in my chaos forces....

Melissia
01-04-2010, 04:49 AM
That would just be a remake of the Sisters Repentia Mistress, ChrisW, either that or a special character based off of the same.

Also converting Sisters models to be Slaaneshi worshipers is overdone and boring.

Necrosis
01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
If sisters should join any chaos god it should be Khrone. They love to kill and they hate psychers.

Melissia
01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Technically the only sister that ever fell (specifically stated that none but this one has fallen to chaos) fell to Slaanesh, but I figure that was just GW being iidiots and playing to teenage fantasies.

Necrosis
01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
The only reason she fell was for that dumb card game that no one plays. She never appears in the Fluff or any of the books.

ShadowDeth
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Also converting Sisters models to be Slaaneshi worshipers is overdone and boring.

Just like every one of your posts being about Sisters and their needed codex.

We get it, you play Sisters.

We still don't care.

Necrosis
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM

We still don't care.

Let's avoid the personally attacks here.

Also I care.:D

ShadowDeth
01-05-2010, 11:22 PM

Also I care.:D

I have a rather nice Slaanesh army using sister models, so if my tame remark was a personal attack - it goes doubly for the sister fanatic. :rolleyes:

I enjoy the raw balance and flavor of the WitchHunter's book, and would like to see the book re-done. The models are great, nothing is over the top, and I think most units are efficient.

Melissia
01-06-2010, 09:19 AM

We still don't care.And you're still a worthless troll. Regardless of either your trollishness or your worthlessness, The fact remains that "corrupted sisters" worshipping Slaanesh IS overdone, because that's the big fantasy, apparently, of many young males. I even recall seeing models that were modified to have breasts exposed as if they took that plate off.

...yeah, I'm not joking.

Stormlord Aeirling
01-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Although, there is a rumor going around that Phil kelly is writing a new codex for the inquisition as a whole, although it will still allow you to field an army that is all grey kinghts or all sisters of battle. No confirmation as to when it's being released though. Speculation says sometime around next winter.

Melissia
01-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Which contradicts what GW's higher placed people have said in response to emails sent to them and more reliable rumors... that there will be a Grey Knights and a Sisters of Battle codex. And hell, that even contradicts their upcoming releases in this page, because the models shown thus far have nothing to do with the Inquisitiorial units (inquisitors, retinue, assassins, stormtroopers)-- they're Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, and the Ecclesiarchy.

Dosadi
01-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Me speculatin’ here; there will be a separate Codex for Grey Knights and Sister’s of Battle. I think Inquisitors and their agents will become options within those books, but the focus will be on GKs and SoB respectively.
I’m thinking Grey Knights will be first. There have already been several sightings of new GK models and really they are astartes so I would expect them to get the love first. Also, Sisters would need more development IMO in terms of new models and further defining their ability and unique roll beyond just being girls in power armor as many people view them right now. I’m not saying they don’t have these things it’s just developing a list that brings those things to the front would probably take more development time. I think the Faith mechanic will be replaced with something more streamlined and again, this means more development and play testing.

This probably means we will never see a Codex: Inquisition.

Dosadi

Duke
01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I agree that GK would get a codex before Sisters of battle do

Duke

Melissia
01-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Actually the Sisters have far more going for them than the Grey Knights. The Grey Knights would need to be expanded into a full army, whereas the Sisters are already exactly that. That said, I also agree that Grey Knights will probably get a codex first. Cause they're Marines and cause they need it more.

ShadowDeth
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
And you're still a worthless troll. Regardless of either your trollishness or your worthlessness, The fact remains that "corrupted sisters" worshipping Slaanesh IS overdone, because that's the big fantasy, apparently, of many young males. I even recall seeing models that were modified to have breasts exposed as if they took that plate off.

...yeah, I'm not joking.

Shagrath
01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
can't we all just get along...and not whine about things that are going to be released about a year from now..please.

RealGenius
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Looks like the News and Rumors has run out of this topic. And, was mentioned, thisthreadisuselesswithoutpics.

Necrosis
01-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I found a new rumor for the 2010 release schedule that is German. Now I don't speak German but I think this is what it means.

January 2010
We already know about Tyranids.
February 2010
We also already know about the beastmen.
March 2010
Warhammer 40k combat forces and maybe Warhammer Fantasy wave.
April 2010
Blood Angels with a few more combat forces stuff.
Summer 2010
New Edition that follow the new basic box with orcs and Empire then in September the first tomb Kings of Khemri and later also the ogres expect us kingdoms.
September 2010
Black Templar.
November 2010
Dark Eldar, yet they might come out in January or February 2011.
Winter 2010 / early 2011
Grey Knights (not Inquisition) and Necrons.

Link: http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=11088#comments

Melissia
01-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Which probably puts Sisters as early-mid 2011, which is earlier than I expected anyway (which was late 2011 to early 2012).

HsojVvad
01-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks Necrosis for the post. I still find it wierd that it will be, if the rumours hold true, a back to back SM release. Hmmm, with almost all the SM being done, does this mean 6th edtion is coming soon? I guess we are already half way through the cycle now, and it will be what, 2 or 3 years now come next September when BT are suppose to be coming around?

Scryer in the Darkness
01-11-2010, 11:32 AM

DarkLink
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
April 2010
Blood Angels with a few more combat forces stuff.

Just got confirmed by GW

Winter 2010 / early 2011
Grey Knights (not Inquisition)

BOO-FRAKIN YEAH -ahem-

MadCowCrazy
02-02-2010, 04:44 PM

I seriously doubt there would be a special character repentia mistress, the idea seems cool but I doubt it. To me it looks more like plastic repentia might be on their way. Especially with the removal of the repentia box from GWs website.

And I still wonder what exactly they mean by DH/WH vehicles, because there's really nothing that they can provide unless it's a brand new forgeworld vehicle which we've never seen before.

There are a fiew things they could add or change. If we take the Repressor for instance, sure its a FW IA model but so was the Trygon and now we got plastic ones, same goes with the Valkyrie. So I for one hope we get Repressors because its an awsome transport.

The Exorcist organ could be made plastic and so could the Penitent Engines as has been mentioned. I guess bikes could be added to the sisters eventhough I find it unlikely.
Basically what you have to do is look at what the Sisters as a whole lack, Im sure most would mention long range high S firepower and I could agree with that. The Exorcist is all we pretty much have and allot of people would argue you need a min of 2 to be competative at all. In the new apocalypse there is the Exorcist choise where you can create a squadron of 3, as its a very unreliable vehicle as it is now I wouldnt see it past GW to allow an Exorcist squadron in normal games. Most likely they would just give it new rocket options, like D3 S10 AP1 rockets, D3 S8 AP2 Blast and D6 S6 AP4 Large Blast Barrage.

Im sure there are more vehicles they could add, like a SoB tank of some sort. Maby a Repressor with predator gun turret and side sponsoons or more likely an Immolator with them.
From what I have seen GW seems to be going the rock, paper scissors route. Every army needs a good shooty unit, a good assault unit, vehicles to transport you around, a walker of sorts, a good AV vehicle with good firepower and/or transport ability and high S units/vehicles. A fiew of these the sisters have allready but for what they dont have GW could easily give. There has been talk of new LR patterns but I think thats more for GK than Sisters.
I would hope GW would give Sisters something that other army players would look at and go "Holy **** I wish my army had that" or "WTF, THATS OP!!", the God Emperor knows we deserve it.

Absolutionis
02-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks Necrosis for the post. I still find it wierd that it will be, if the rumours hold true, a back to back SM release. Hmmm, with almost all the SM being done, does this mean 6th edtion is coming soon? I guess we are already half way through the cycle now, and it will be what, 2 or 3 years now come next September when BT are suppose to be coming around?To be fair, Eldar and Tau have a significant following and still haven't had a codex yet.

Assuming Necrosis's information is correct and Blood Angels, Black Templar, Dark Eldar, Grek Knights, and Necrons taking up the slots for up until late 2011, we only have Eldar and Tau left. Assuming yet more Marine codecies in between those releases, it may be until 2013 when all the main armies of 40k have gotten their codex updates.

Perhaps in late 2013 or 2014 GW will back in its happiness knowing that all armies have new codecies and 40k as a whole is mostly balanced. Realistically, they will unbalance the game and simply release 6th edition.

It does make sense that we're halfway-ish through the cycle.

Drew da Destroya
02-04-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm thinking we'll see Dark Angels and Chaos Marines redone before 6th edition, too. Possibly Orks, but that's probably pretty low-priority, since we got a hybrid 4th-going-in-to-5th codex that's still in pretty good shape. I wouldn't mind a Daemons re-do, but that's mainly because I don't feel like the army as it is now feels very 40k (with the exception of the Soul Grinder). I'd love to see more of a showing from the Black Forge (or whatever it's called)... maybe some kind of unbound Obliterators? A Daemon Prince Obliterator?

Anyway, before I ramble off too far into the deep end, there's more to do than just Eldar and Tau.

imperialsavant
02-06-2010, 05:25 AM

:rolleyes: Could this be a named Character with Fails of Retrebution rather than the Repenta Mistress??
It seems most new Codexs have many more special Characters. Look out for the return of old ones like Kyranov, St Praxides etc.
May be a new Immolator like the Hellhound with ranged Inferno cannon? :cool:

Tynskel
02-06-2010, 05:39 AM
I was told by my local friendly GW store that a New Immolator is in the pipe. He told me he saw a picture of it....

went by really fast- he said that this was back n' September. They went through the Space Wolves and Tyranids slowly- then the 2010 models were click click click click right through the slides.

Melissia
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
A cat of nine tails is very distinct from a flail with hooks at the end of its chains, imperialsavant.

Brass Scorpion
02-07-2010, 01:04 PM
The GW Advance Order Warhammer 40K page is now empty because the latest Legion of the Damned models were released yesterday. That means the Battle Missions book and related new model releases for March will be going up on that page shortly, perhaps this week. I plan on checking it every day this week as I'm quite interested to see exactly what all the new 40K items for March actually look like.