PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a mono nurgle daemon army but not sure what i should take.

Xaric
03-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Always been tzeentch but they have really gone down hill :( so now I wish to switch to nurgle but not sure how I would do this I have tried with the units below as a sort of test game and I must say about 75% of them lived all 6 turns because of the FNP and the fact first turn was night fighting too so yah for high cover save :D

The models I currently have are.
1 Daemon prince of nurgle
1 Herald Of Nurgle
7 plague drones of nurgle With Instrument (it is a bell and a sword so can be used as a normal Plaguebearer)/banner/Character model
20 plaguebearers With Instrument/banner/Character model

Now the reason I love giving the plague drone the icon is because of there speed to get to where they need to go on turn 1. If you deep strike nurgle plaguebearers they don't need to scatter and that is why I gave the plaguebearers a instrument so they can call in another unit without the need to roll for reserve.

My plan I would love to do is each unit of plague bearers is about 14 to keep it fluffy and just have them come in via deep strike around the drones sad thing is against blast templates there going get nuked but still amusing to see about 2 units of 14 just show up all with a herald with FNP

314 points for Plague Drones (7) with Plaguebringer with Icon of Chaos
Now due to they are Jetpack Cavalry how far do they move and or assault?

70 points for Herald of Nurgle with Locus of Fecundity
152 points for Plaguebearers (13) with Plagueridden with Plague Banner and instrument of chaos

70 points for Herald of Nurgle with Locus of Fecundity
152 points for Plaguebearers (13) with Plagueridden with Plague Banner and instrument of chaos

So far I am 758 points Anyone got advice beyond this? At the moment I believe i am lacking anti air so I might need to get a soul grinder trying to make a 1500 point list.

Mad Cat
03-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Jetpack cavalry move 12" and can't run (slow & purp) but can move 2D6" in the assault phase with rerolls because of fleet if charging.

HQ: I would take the prince as HQ and tool him up with MoN, level 3 biomancy (usually), 2 greater rewards and wings+armour. fly him into area terrain preferably a ruin so if he gets grounded he has a great cover save for the remaining enemy firing.

I don't like heralds of nurgle. Ld8 psykers are poor and 70 points to give 10-14 guys FNP isnt worth it when you can just pay for another 7-8 PBs.

Elites: Beasts of nurgle are fun so don't ignore them but they do a simillar role to the drones although don't suffer from dangerous terrain and with the shrouded rule so widespread you will want to hug cover.

Troops: If you do take a hreald then a 20 man PB unit can work and benefit from FNP but I would just go for 3-5 untis of 10 with no upgrades (maybe the odd instrumnet for warpstorm protection). Nurglings are fun but instant killable and not scoring so PBs are better.

Fast: Take the 3+ poison upgrade as the unit champion keeps the rule even when he sues an ether blade (as he should).

Heavy: Nurgle grinders are good especially when in cover with phlegm.

Alternative army design - Flying circuis.
The FMC list is 4 princes as above and a GUO to make three of them heavy support. This is about 1500-1600 points depending on upgrades so it only leaves you with a few remainders for some objective camping scoring units. Or you take 2 princes as HQ, another as a CSM ally HQ (along with some marines or cheap cultists and maybe a helldrake) and then dont take princes as heavy as you have no greater daemon but it then leaves you with more than the mininum to fill out the rest of the army sucha s 3x10 PBs and some BoN or drones.

Xaric
03-26-2014, 05:15 PM
sounds like a soild idea :)