PDA

View Full Version : 1500 salamander tourney list.

DOC-Shock
03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
HQ:
Vulkan

Elites:
Dread w/ HF, MM and pod
Sternguard x7 2 CMG, 2 MG in pod

Troops:
Tactical marines x9 1 flamer 1 CF in pod <--Vulkan with these.
Tact. marines x6 1MG 1CMG rhino
Tact. marines x6 1MG 1CMG rhino

Heavy:
Thunderfire cannon
Thunderfire cannon
Grav centurions x3 w/ omni-scope

Could use some critiquing on this list, if you see any improvements or if it's trash let me know.

xTHExCLINCHERx
03-21-2014, 03:54 AM
I am not a big fan of dreads in pods because they are just way too easy to 1-shot. Also, if you are foot-slogging the centurions, you want as much pressure on the opponent to draw fire away from them as possible, so I'd take all pods if you can. They also suffer without an invuln save, so maybe put Coteaz with them for Divination and try for that 4+ invuln? That could also give you cheap Acolytes for scoring late game.

I think you should make your tac squads in pods have full melta and be 10-man; melta, combi-melta, multimelta. That way you can combat squad out of the pod and target a vehicle and still some infantry or screen the melta guys from an assault with the bolter marines. I'd take 3 pods full of that.

I like putting Vulkan with Sternguard with 2 heavy flamers and committing them to killing infantry in cover. Also, having him with them means they can't get warlord and wipe a scoring unit if they concentrate fire on them.

I also think you need some anti air.. Not sure where to get the points for it., I'll get back to you as I think about it.

xTHExCLINCHERx
03-21-2014, 04:47 AM
What about something like this, although it's maybe not optimal, it gives you a bit more mileage out of the stuff you are taking:

Vulkan
Sternguard - 3x bolter, 2x heavy flamer, pod

Tac squad - 7x bolter, melta, multimelta, combi-melta, pod

TFC
Centurions - 3x grav, omni-scope

Aegis -lascannon

Inquisitor (Xenos) - psyker, liber heresius

The plan is basically attach the inquisitor to the cents and hope for a 4++, but scout them up to the aegis you have deployed as far up as you can scout (+ 6" depending if you go first or not). You want to give the cents some kind of additional save, but have them in range of stuff. Also the inquisitor can split fire off and use the Icarus lascannon for a flier second target.

The pods are pretty simple I'd combat squad and melta one target and use the Bolters on infantry or to screen an assault. Sucks there's 4 and not 5, but oh well.. Limited
Budget ha. I guess you could run one squad in a rhino then.

Anyway , lemme know of this is helpful.

DOC-Shock
03-21-2014, 10:29 AM
I like your idea, but I don't have the inquisitor models. I'm also not a fan of dreads but I figured that with the drop pod assault I don't want my scoring units going down first.

DOC-Shock
03-21-2014, 11:04 AM
How about this one?

HQ:
Vulkan
Command squad 4 meltaguns 1 flamer <-- point fill in a pod.

Troops:
Tac squad - 7x bolter, flamer, P. Cannon, combi flamer, rhino

Heavy:
Thunderfire
Thunderfire

Fort:
Aegis line w/ quad gun.

Combat squad the P. cannon squads to sit on the home objectives and run the quad gun. Let me know what you all think of this version.

- - - Updated - - -

How about this one?

HQ:
Vulkan
Command squad 4 meltaguns 1 flamer <-- point fill in a pod.

Troops:

Heavy:
Thunderfire
Thunderfire

Fort:
Aegis line w/ quad gun.

Combat squad the P. cannon squads to sit on the home objectives and run the quad gun. Let me know what you all think of this version.

xTHExCLINCHERx
03-21-2014, 11:37 AM
I am not a fan of plasma cannons because of their 24" range and the fact that they cannot snapshot. I think that you should swap them for missiles or lascannons when purposed like that to better match the range of the quad gun.

I am also starting to think that b/c each Salamanders Character can get 1 free master-crafted weapon, you should give the sergeants combi-plasmas (good range & bang for your buck, especially with the increased chance of avoiding 'gets hot!'), at least in the rhinos over combi-flamers.

DOC-Shock
03-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Well they are 36" range ..I'm not a fan of them either. I'll just mod them into lascannons