PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Super Guns

Okidus
08-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Does anyone have a list of all the big guns?

From my RT days, I vaguely remember the Defence Laser being the biggest/baddest weapon, and the Macro Cannon's in there somewhere too.

They mention the Macro in Fallen Angels, and Turbolaser's in Apoc.
Has the Defence Laser been upgrade/retconned into the Turbolaser Destructor? or Volcano Cannon?
Or is there still a larger class Defence laser not listed as a Titan Weapon?
What about the Macro? Is that a Melta Cannon?

ThePov
08-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm not quite sure, but I don't think there's a set heirarchy of guns for the IG anymore. The biggest single gun I can think of is the Nova Cannon mounted on Imperial Navy Battlecruisers. This is a gun that uses a small blast template, in a scale literally millions of times normal 40K. As a rough estimate, if you were to fire one at a planet, it would likely obilerate an area roughly the size of Australia, though it can't actually fire at planets from what I understand for targeting reasons (IE if you want to blow a hole that big into a planet, you might as well just virus bomb the place and be done with it).

the_killer23
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Actually, comparing the printable NC template to the smallblast, the NC uses the inner ring of the smallblast.

I'm pretty sure the Macros are the cannons on the Imperial Navy plastic weapons batteries.

Magos
08-02-2009, 11:58 PM
There are of course the ordinatus arrays to consider

Old_Paladin
08-03-2009, 07:53 AM
The defence laser also has rules in Apoc. Strenth D, unlimited range, 10" blast. And has a special rule to scare off ships in orbit (a chance that an opponant can't use certain strategic assests).
Thats a pretty powerful weapon.

the_killer23
08-03-2009, 08:12 AM
There are of course the ordinatus arrays to consider

The Ordinatus Armageddon's nova cannon is worlds away from the ship-based nova cannon. Just a note.

Concentrate More
08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Considering how much of a size diffrence that there is.

Rahveel
08-04-2009, 01:00 AM
The Planet Killer's armageddon gun.

ThePov
08-04-2009, 09:06 AM
The Planet Killer's armageddon gun.
Well, if we're going that route (I count that as an exterminatus weapon), then even that has to bow down to the activated Blackstones, once they are brought together.

See, this is why more people should play BFG. You get to play with guns so big, they make a Titan's weapons look like pea-shooters.

Majorcrash
08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Does anyone have a list of all the big guns?

From my RT days, I vaguely remember the Defence Laser being the biggest/baddest weapon, and the Macro Cannon's in there somewhere too.

They mention the Macro in Fallen Angels, and Turbolaser's in Apoc.
Has the Defence Laser been upgrade/retconned into the Turbolaser Destructor? or Volcano Cannon?
Or is there still a larger class Defence laser not listed as a Titan Weapon?
What about the Macro? Is that a Melta Cannon?

I have heard in the past the def laser being refered to a similar to the lances on BFG ships. but it would certainly be bigger than the volcano cannon.

Okidus
08-04-2009, 11:03 AM
doh! Totally forgot about the APOC Data Sheet for the Def. Laser, thanks,.