PDA

View Full Version : The King is DEAD! - Playing against the Knight Titan Tactics

Kesher
03-15-2014, 08:39 AM
Here's some things to keep in mind when playing against the new Imperial Knight Titan!

http://youtu.be/Nbr3AJZMSYc

George Labour
03-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Mind explaining the whole 'you don't deploy a model when you're deploying the model because deployment is the only real deploying even when the book uses the word deploy in the rules for reserves, and the dictionary says otherwise' bit you're trying to say does not let the knights set their shields despite the rule saying they do?

Because if someone tried that without a proper reference I think I'd have a very negative internal monologue about his gaming etiquette. OTOH it wouldn't be the first time I've seen such oddities occur in a wargame.

Katharon
03-15-2014, 09:29 PM
The audio in that video is really bad...

EDIT: Can anyone tell me, if they have the Knights Codex, if it specifically says that they are NOT Denial Units?

George Labour
03-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Unless there's a rule saying scoring units are always denial units then they are never denial units.

Seem weird I know, but RAW vehicles are only ever denial units when the scenario says they are, even if they are otherwise scoring units.

Lord Krungharr
03-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Unless there's a rule saying scoring units are always denial units then they are never denial units.

Seem weird I know, but RAW vehicles are only ever denial units when the scenario says they are, even if they are otherwise scoring units.

I believe that is correct, Knights are vehicles, so are never normally denial units. It's fair, the idea being they don't need to deny objectives because they should be blasting, D swording, and Stomping whatever enemy is on the objectives.

I can't wait for the Eldar to get some Knights, like that weird Bright Stallion 4 legged one.

ElectricPaladin
03-16-2014, 11:18 AM
But wait, isn't the rule that scoring units are always denial units, even if they wouldn't otherwise be, because they are scoring?

Deadlift
03-16-2014, 11:25 AM
I can't comment on the video, as the sound is so poor I can't hear it, even turned up on full :(

George Labour
03-16-2014, 01:36 PM
But wait, isn't the rule that scoring units are always denial units, even if they wouldn't otherwise be, because they are scoring?

Page 191 to 192 says nope.