PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy hook

Just_Me
12-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey all, a while back a group of us thought it might be fun to try and get a Dark Heresy campaign going here over the inter-webs. We started trying to generate some interest on the DH sub-forum and got a handful of interested people and even one person kind enough to offer to act as GM (despite an already full plate of RPG responsibilities), but we still ran into a few snags.

First off, half of the people who are interested are scattered across different time zones (N. America, Australia, and Europe) so coordination for more than 2-3 people at a time might be an insurmountable issue. It might be nice to try and get a couple of games going in different time zones (as the earlier thread on countries showed, we have a rather widespread forum base), this in turn brings us to our second snag; there just aren’t enough people who bother to scroll down far enough to look at the DH sub-forum to generate the level of interest we would need for a game, let alone several in different time zones.

I am sure that many of my fellow 40k players would at least be curious about DH, so I decided to throw this blurb up here in the hopes of generating some buzz. If anyone is interested in playing or GMing, then please come down to check out the thread here (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=3781) (just throw something up on this thread to keep it alive). If we can get enough people interested, we can move on to the next step; actually starting to generate the campaign(s).

Duke
12-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I think it is an interesting idea, how would something like that work? Is it a live thing? or do you have to post your actions within a certain amount of time (ie one day)

Duke

Cryl
12-30-2009, 05:18 AM
I think it's a great idea. I'm one of the people in the Europe (GMT) timezone but as I haven't roleplayed for a good many years (more than I care to admit!) there's no way I'd make a suitable GM... I'd love to give it a go if we can find a GMT ish based GM though

Melissia
12-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Duke: www.chatzy.com

Free chatrooms which can be secured with passwords and accessed by anyone with a browser. It's worked for my groups, admittedly though it's mostly across American continental timezones.

Sangre
12-30-2009, 01:10 PM
While we're plugging, I'd like to draw your attention to The Journal of Larn Cormix (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=4076), the diary of my character in the campaign I'm currently participating in. It will be updated after every session, WITHOUT FAIL.

Cryl
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
While we're plugging, I'd like to draw your attention to The Journal of Larn Cormix (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=4076), the diary of my character in the campaign I'm currently participating in. It will be updated after every session, WITHOUT FAIL.

I did read that and think it was quite cool. I didn't want to comment in that thread in case it messed it up though

Sangre
12-30-2009, 01:50 PM
You could make a comment thread if you wanted. I didn't want to make one just in case it seemed presumptuous.